Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Almen Abdi

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
good signing for them.

Think Sheff Wed record in the Division from Jan was up there with anyones.

Fancy them to be battling Autos

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did you watch any of the games?!

I did and apart from the 1-1 draw at the Amex I thought they were the better team IMO

Yes we had 4 players injured but we were rocking before any of them had to go off. In the league game at the Amex they completely nullified us and we were lucky to get away with a point at the end.

For 20 mins in the play off game at the Amex we played the best football I have ever seen from an Albion team. Once Weds got their very dodgy equaliser we never looked like we could turn it around again. You do have to give credit to Weds for not folding under the intense pressure we put them under from the kick off. The crowd was absolutley magnificent, dare I say maybe the best ever?

Quite a lot of rewriting of history going on in this thread.

Last edited:

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay
I did and apart from the 1-1 draw at the Amex I thought they were the better team IMO

Yes we had 4 players injured but we were rocking before any of them had to go off. In the league game at the Amex they completely nullified us and we were lucky to get away with a pint at the end.

Quite a lot of rewriting of history going on in this thread.

Deluded!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Yes we had 4 players injured but we were rocking before any of them had to go off. In the league game at the Amex they completely nullified us and we were lucky to get away with a point at the end.

Also not forgetting that half their first team squad had had a decent rest as they didn't play the last week of the season as they were guaranteed 6th spot, whereas we went through an emotionally and physically draining mega-match at 'Boro busting a gut trying to get automatic.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Also not forgetting that half their first team squad had had a decent rest as they didn't play the last week of the season as they were guaranteed 6th spot, whereas we went through an emotionally and physically draining mega-match at 'Boro busting a gut trying to get automatic.

The only point I am making is that they matched or were better than us in two out of the tree games I saw.

I am well aware that the ref was a **** in the second game, we were incredibly unlucky with injuries in the first play off game and that they didn't really make their superiority count. They also had a week free when we were playing at 100% in two games.

It's just the comments that we were better than them in all the games we played them that I disagree with.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Not forgetting the travel and the very hard pitch and Middlesbrough, which I'm convinced caused our injuries at Wednesday.

Also, don't forget the :lol: people.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The only point I am making is that they matched or were better than us in two out of the tree games I saw.

I am well aware that the ref was a **** in the second game, we were incredibly unlucky with injuries in the first play off game and that they didn't really make their superiority count. They also had a week free when we were playing at 100% in two games.

It's just the comments that we were better than them in all the games we played them that I disagree with.

There's only one poster who said that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here