Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All things about Gus Poyet - former Brighton and Hove Albion Manager

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
He'll try and engineer the situation to get a big wedge for himself and his pals from Sunderland and they will all them team up with the southern Italian gentleman and his southern Italian pals at the mighty Leeds.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reckon he'll be doing everything to distance himself from any blame, and be trying to engineer a move to another Premier League team, maybe Swansea ( assuming they don't go down ), for next year.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
He really is a vile human being whos ego is rampantly out of control. Feel sorry for the Sunderland fans. Its one thing reading his self centred rubbish when your near the top of your division, but must be very hard to stomach when you are bottom.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Chances of him leaving before the end of the season before Sunderland go down so he doesn't *technically* have a relegation on his CV?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No doubt he'll be looking to have behind the scenes discussions with other clubs to line up his next Premier League job.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Chances of him leaving before the end of the season before Sunderland go down so he doesn't *technically* have a relegation on his CV?

Probably walk out after the next two games and try and dress it up as the actions of a man of honour with something along the lines of the players aren't trying any more so I'm off.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
'Disgusting comments from a clueless prick. Hope he ****s off now rather than wait till he's relegated us.'

Quote from their forum. We did warn them but most of them seemed to think we were 'bitter' that he'd left if I remember correctly. I still thank him for a few seasons that were enjoyable but glad we parted ways when we did.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I don't actually hold anything against Gus unlike some but I think he's been found out, his tactical nous is not good enough for the Premiership yet and the style of play he likes to use isn't hugely effective against the much more organised premiership teams. If he stays at Sunderland after they are relegated then he probably will bring them straight back up but that will be expected of him as a club of Sunderland's stature

I disagree that Gus would bring them straight back up. A lot of teams in this division know Gus style of play, so unless he finds a Plan B, Sunderland will be mid table.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Reckon he'll be doing everything to distance himself from any blame, and be trying to engineer a move to another Premier League team, maybe Swansea ( assuming they don't go down ), for next year.

If that is his aim then he hasn't made a very good job of it with the quotes in the Guardian article. :ffsparr:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No doubt he'll be looking to have behind the scenes discussions with other clubs to line up his next Premier League job.

I think his next Premier League job will only come via a promotion because he has been found out quite quickly. As others have said, he has had long enough to keep them up but has failed. He had been lucky with that cup run, it kept the natives from getting restless. He doesn't have that distraction anymore and they are turning against him. How sad he looks these days. :D

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Probably walk out after the next two games and try and dress it up as the actions of a man of honour with something along the lines of the players aren't trying any more so I'm off.

If this doesn't happen, I'll be shocked. This all has "Classic, blame scattering escape" written all over it.

Best thing we did was tie up Gus' mouth with legal red tape.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Would love it if the Poyet management team rolled out of Blunderland leaving Bridcutt stuck in the Northeast and back in the Championship next season, having swapped a team where he was worshipped by many for a team where the fans aren't so keen.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
This quote from their msg board cheered me right up this morning. How very Gus!

The clause reported in the press (which might be bollocks) where he gets to leave without compensation being due if he keeps us up. If that clause exists then its shocking, we give him his PL chance and before even getting the job hes thinking about making sure he can **** off as soon as a better offer comes along

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/thread...sort-the-club-out.905082/page-7#ixzz2yqOctkxU

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Poyet's comments are hardly what the fans want to hear when we're about to be relegated. But then Poyet's comments after B&HA had just lost a play-off semi-final to their bitter rivals were not what you wanted to hear either. He isn't bothered about making supporters feel even worse is he?
Mind, this time there is definitely substance to his words. There is something rotten deep down in our club and has been for a long time. That's why some of us were so bitterly disappointed when Paolo Di Canio, who had recognised this in double quick time, was sacked instead of being backed when he was clearly determined to do something about it. It's a pity Poyet doesn't appear to have the appetite or the character to sort out the mess.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think he may depart sooner rather than later, .. he will head off to a middle ranking Spanish or Italian club, he will take Taricco with him but discard his pitbull Oatway. Sad, but inevitable I feel. I cant see Leeds taking him on, more importantly I cant see him admitting he failed and stepping back into the Championship for another rebuild job.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sacked for Gross Misconduct??

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There will always be a club that will take him on in the belief that 'this time he will be a good fit and we'll enjoy success with him in charge'. Leeds next? Maybe. That will be interesting because during his spell there as assistant manager the Leeds fans turned on him (and the rest of that management team) very quickly as soon as they knew Champions League football was a long way off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here