All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is no logic in football as by your reckoning with logic, you have such a good stadium/squad/infrastructure/attendances then you would be 10 points clear at the top by now.
You're a little bit mad. Those qualities help with finances, and the future of the club, they don't get you points.

there is NO player loyalty anymore trigga thats a fact.
I never said otherwise.
If Wigan or Norwich wanted Buckley or CMS they would take them.Fact !
Only if the valuations are met.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Conveniently the figure is undisclosed.

CPFC2010 last night:

"I can assure you that Wilfried is not "for sale".

We hope that he'll be playing Premier League football next season. For us.

Even if that doesn't happen, he's only 19 and still learning his trade in surroundings where he is comfortable and happy. He's on a five year contract and we really don't need the money

The 4 of us bought the club so that we could enjoy watching Palace play football not to cash in as soon as the moneybags clubs come waving their cheque books. I hope that's clear enough.

PS - and if he keeps developing the way he has so far you'll be reading plenty more rubbish in the Sunday papers."

As you were.

:guitar:

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
You're a little bit mad. Those qualities help with finances, and the future of the club, they don't get you points.

I never said otherwise.
Only if the valuations are met.

Not mad, just realistic. Ok attendances help with the clubs finances. Just as well, imagine your losses if it hadnt have been for the big crowds. If anyone is mad its the weeds on here who say its only 8 million, thats not much. And 8 million next season too...good old Tony !
ok plenty of people on here , Major for one, seem to think that attendances are what matters,, and take the piss out of ours. Fair play, but there are lots of reasons for that .
never said that you did say that, merely pointing out that your club WILL sell any player at any time, same as us, same as every club. Most Championship sides are losing money, some more than others, therefore they are ALL selling clubs, like it or not.
Never suggested that Wigan or Norwich would Take the players for free, but they will take them for probably less than you, the fans, think they are worth

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Re: Zaha price

Did Ronaldo go for £80m?

If he's becomes as good as Ronaldo (who was playing for united aged 18) and he plays for England, I will bow down to him and offer him my throat. But he won't.

Yep, 80m. And a 10% sell on fee would be 8m, so if they're going to make 20m that surely means he's gone for 12m? #maths

BBdCGOlCAAAdOrI.jpg

Giggsy will love that :moo:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Zaha price

What a bell end. Great impression to make....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Only telling you what I heard, that's all. Don't shoot the messenger. The proof will come in January. Wouldn't necessarily mean he left in January anyway if for example Arsenal agreed to buy him but loan him back for the rest of the season.

You told them... But they wouldn't listen :lolol:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Nice to keep him to the end of the season plus have extra money to put towards our push to the promiced land

Wilfried Zaha says he is delighted at his summer move to Manchester United but insists his "focus" remains on winning promotion with Crystal Palace. Yeah right!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
ok plenty of people on here , Major for one, seem to think that attendances are what matters
Attendances are a big deal. They are the lifeblood of the club. If nobody came, the club finishes. If 30k come, then the club earns money to buy players to get higher up the leagues. No one here is saying we'll finish higher because we have better attendances, but if you think it doesn't matter, you're mistaken.

merely pointing out that your club WILL sell any player at any time, same as us, same as every club.
Of course. That doesn't need pointing out, none of us have said otherwise. The reason people are taking the piss is because CPFC2010 said Zaha would not be sold in January.

Never suggested that Wigan or Norwich would Take the players for free, but they will take them for probably less than you, the fans, think they are worth
You suggested that if they wanted a player, they'd get him, but it's not that straight-forward. Norwich tried to buy CMS in the summer, and their bid was rejected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports