Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The other thing is now of course, is that you are now known to have money to spend and that £500k bid for Ritchie from Swindon, they now want a million for him.

Which is true but we don't have to pay it do we . Our owners are great negotiators ( especially sp ) so I don't think we will get drawn into a lottery .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
*sigh* yes trig it has been announced and I would imagine deals are being done as we speak .
It's ok to admit that you were wrong on your original claim
This. You could have just said 'bugger, let's hope we don't have to pay much for new signings'. But no, you *sigh* like it's our problem.

nit picking again trigga
Nit picking? I simply said that you needed to raise funds, which could be selling players, or happen via promotion, and that promotion wasn't likely. But you want an argument about that, and you state that it's a fact that you are as likely to get promoted as anyone. You're wrong. You were wrong when you said it, and you're still wrong.

all the teams in the top half of the table have a chance of promotion..fact !
All the teams in the bottom half of the table also have a chance of promotion... fact! So the statement you're making is pointless.

What in your mighty opinion makes some clubs more likely? money? attendances? stadium??
Er, the fact that they've got more points, a better squad, and they're playing better. So you think Bristol City are as likely to get promoted as Cardiff. Or do you have a rule that the team has to be in the top half, and as soon as they are the rules of logic can be ignored, and all are equal in you silurian world.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Good deal for all concerned. Good luck to Wilf.

Can see us bringing in a couple of players at a combined cost of £2-3 million before the window closes, The majority of the cash should be invested back into the club.

Come the end of January if we have added 2 further players to the loans of Nimley and Butterfield I will be happy.

A very good deal, you'd to have to be terminally stupid to think otherwise.
I suspect that the 2 million will have to cover both wages and fee's rather than just fee's.
I wonder if Palace will pay back any of the creditors who's debt funded zaha's time at the club!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Perhaps you'll be able to fix Selhurst up a bit now.....which would be a relief to all I'd expect.

:)

Dec 19, 2012
Brighton winger Will Buckley is poised to join Crystal Palace
By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me: @skysportspeteo. Last Updated: January 25, 2013 9:15am
Sky Sports understands Brighton winger Will Buckley is poised to join Crystal Palace.
Palace boss Ian Holloway is keen to bolster his attacking options during this month's transfer window after losing Wilfried Zaha to Manchester United and he has targeted a move for the seagulls winger.
Holloway has beaten a host of Championship and Premiership rivals to Buckleys' signature with several clubs expressing an interest in taking Brighton’s prized asset.
Buckley is highly-rated at Brighton – with Gus Poyet earlier in the season proclaiming that Buckley was better than Zaha, but with Palace looking to clinch promotion this season, Buckley sees his future away from the AMEX Stadium.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me: @skysportspeteo. Last Updated: January 25, 2013 9:15am
Sky Sports understands Brighton winger Will Buckley is poised to join Crystal Palace.
Palace boss Ian Holloway is keen to bolster his attacking options during this month's transfer window after losing Wilfried Zaha to Manchester United and he has targeted a move for the seagulls winger.
Holloway has beaten a host of Championship and Premiership rivals to Buckleys' signature with several clubs expressing an interest in taking Brighton’s prized asset.
Buckley is highly-rated at Brighton – with Gus Poyet earlier in the season proclaiming that Buckley was better than Zaha, but with Palace looking to clinch promotion this season, Buckley sees his future away from the AMEX Stadium.
:lolol:

Cheerio :wave:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

:lolol:

That post is as believable as your username

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
This. You could have just said 'bugger, let's hope we don't have to pay much for new signings'. But no, you *sigh* like it's our problem.

Nit picking? I simply said that you needed to raise funds, which could be selling players, or happen via promotion, and that promotion wasn't likely. But you want an argument about that, and you state that it's a fact that you are as likely to get promoted as anyone. You're wrong. You were wrong when you said it, and you're still wrong.

All the teams in the bottom half of the table also have a chance of promotion... fact! So the statement you're making is pointless.

Er, the fact that they've got more points, a better squad, and they're playing better. So you think Bristol City are as likely to get promoted as Cardiff. Or do you have a rule that the team has to be in the top half, and as soon as they are the rules of logic can be ignored, and all are equal in you silurian world.

you are the one arguing pal, ok then we've got more points than you, so we are more likely to go up? fair enough...no rules that anyone has to be top half..just pointing out that Reading came from bottom end of table to go up, as did we in the Dowie years, 3rd from bottom to promotion in a season, so yeah ANYONE can go up, given a decent run. There is no logic in football as by your reckoning with logic, you have such a good stadium/squad/infrastructure/attendances then you would be 10 points clear at the top by now.
We already know we are a selling club (as are you and all the others). If any Premier team comes for one of your players, you will sell..there is NO player loyalty anymore trigga thats a fact. If Wigan or Norwich wanted Buckley or CMS they would take them.Fact ! Also fact that no one does want them, OK 10 million 15 million 20 million whatever, when did Brighton sell a player for 10 million (taking the lowest figure)? Maybe it would help with the 8 million loss if you could
So again, we have as much chance as you of going up, maybe we havent as good a chance as Cardiff (but we will see if they can actually do it this time instead of bottling the playoffs). However a decent run could see either of us going up (not if we keep drawing though, but then you do that too)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So how many Palace fans said he wouldn't be sold and I was talking shit..........

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's a healthy sell on IF he turns out to be as good as Ronaldo.....
Did Ronaldo go for £80m?

If he's becomes as good as Ronaldo (who was playing for united aged 18) and he plays for England, I will bow down to him and offer him my throat. But he won't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here