All Boxes now sold

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Complete with young hotties in tight lycra working up a sweat?

...lycra cycle shorts and them knee high compression socks :love:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If I get a ST and the first game we are away on holiday.....which is highly likely as it will be a league game in August, I could make a killing!!!!

:p

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I started to post a question about this yesterday but then deleted it. I can understand the 'no get out' for the 5 year, but what about the 'for life' seats - are you committed either...

i) Forever and ever, or
ii) Until you can find someone to buy the seat from you.

What if someone falls upon very hard times - will the club pursue them? What happens when people die?

"For life" just means your don't have to pay another joining fee every 5 years. You are only ever tied in for five years at a time regardless of whether you pay a £1000 or £500 joining fee.

After five years everyone gets an option to renew for another 5 years, but those who only paid the initial £500 joining fee will have to pay another one (which could be more than £500). Those who opted for the initial £1000 "for life" fee will not.

I don't know what happens when you die (from both a spiritual and a platinum club point of view).

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Fair point, but I bet he had a reasonable grasp of marketing the two disciplines do work closely. My point really was that the marketing of Falmer was always going to be aggressive, and with the quality of the stadium it was always going to offer something pretty special. Just because we have a new chairman doesn't mean things have changed that much from how it would have been if he hadn't come along, apart from the financing of the whole thing of course.

....and the appointment of an entire team who have extensive experience in selling and marketing new stadium sales.

StJimmyL

Nov 2, 2009
I started to post a question about this yesterday but then deleted it. I can understand the 'no get out' for the 5 year, but what about the 'for life' seats - are you committed either...

i) Forever and ever, or
ii) Until you can find someone to buy the seat from you.

What if someone falls upon very hard times - will the club pursue them? What happens when people die?

Bozza - I was talking to the guy for well over an hour and you can sell the ticket if you can find a buyer. Basically you are paying £1000 for the privelidge to renew your ticket ever year!

I'm cacking myself at the thought of paying for 6 of these bad boys if fate should deal our boys a relegation blow - with no-one to sell to I wonder how loyal the club would be to me after all these years of 'die hard' support...

From what the guy was saying, I think a lot of people will be surprised at the cost of a normal ticket!!! The stadium plans do look amazing though - but £1500 a year FOREVER - probably not sustainable for many!

In fact, no wonder the boxes went so qucikly - 15k a year and 12 peeps in them - CHEAPER THAN THE PLATINUM SEATS!!!!!!

Laters.....

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bozza - thinking or writing - it's all the same! I am committed to the club, and I've reserved 6 seats as corporate entertainment - I currently have a seat in SOuth Stand Block F, but if times were to get worse, I'd have a MASSIVE monthly bill on my hands until i could shift!

All respect due, but I was speaking to the marketing manager for over an hour and you CAN'T just jack the tickets in - they may accept them back if there is a waiting list - my point is, what if there is not...

I think a lot of people will be very surprised at how much a season ticket will be at Falmer... Prices are released in September - do you wanna wait and pay nearly as much to sit in the corner with no parking?

I think you'll be the one surprised. Will not be significantly more [possibly not more at all] than Withers.

Do you want to be paying three times more, for half a parking space and access to a bar with a carpet. Fair play to you if you do, but ease off the scaremongering for the rest of us.

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
But you know almost certainly that Sat 6th Aug 2011 will be the first league game at Falmer so why on earth would you book a holiday that clashed with that date?!?! Are you mad?

That is going to be a cracking birthday for me :clap2::falmer::clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But you know almost certainly that Sat 6th Aug 2011 will be the first league game at Falmer so why on earth would you book a holiday that clashed with that date?!?! Are you mad?

not really.

If we find a holiday that suits, as they have to be in school holidays, then we book the holidays....looking where the Albion are doesn't even enter the equation....if it would I would not have missed Huddersfield vs Brighton last August

maybe a few years ago I would have thought about it.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
not really.

If we find a holiday that suits, as they have to be in school holidays, then we book the holidays....looking where the Albion are doesn't even enter the equation....if it would I would not have missed Huddersfield vs Brighton last August

maybe a few years ago I would have thought about it.

The choice is yours but if you want to avoid missing the opening game then it will be very easy considering the summer holidays are six weeks long.

It's going to be one of the most momentous days in Albion's history, if you're not bothered about being there then maybe you should stick with Huddersfield.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The choice is yours but if you want to avoid missing the opening game then it will be very easy considering the summer holidays are six weeks long.

It's going to be one of the most momentous days in Albion's history, if you're not bothered about being there then maybe you should stick with Huddersfield.

Personally, FA Cup Final and replay....Newcastle Away to get into the first Division, Sheffield wednesday at home to get into the second divi.....there are many momentus days in the 35 odd years.

Yes, Falmer opening will certainly be one, however it is not the be an end all of my life!

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I wanted one (well 4 infact) --but there is no child discount (for a 7&5 yr old), so i think this is not too supportive of the future?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I wanted one (well 4 infact) --but there is no child discount (for a 7&5 yr old), so i think this is not too supportive of the future?

Surely a 7 and 5 year old will not appreciate the benefits of corporate/hospitality style seating? Hence the need to not offer it?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I went and visited the marketing suite yesterday and found out all the info, and I am currently considering taking up a premium seat.

My issues are as follows :-

1) I have 3 young boys, what happens in a few years when I want to take them as the seats around me would be taken
2) I cannot afford 4 x premium seats anyway (as no discount for kids)
3) Even if I purchased regular season tickets for my kids, will they get bored and not want to go (even at Falmer) ) Kids are 6,6 and 4 by the way
4) I would need to get someone else in Burgess Hill to buy a premium seat so we could get a car park space between us (any takers by the way?). Alternatively, we could find 4 people from Burgess Hill and get a car park space and get the cheaper Gold option.

Confused of Burgess Hill

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What you could do is reserve, say, seats 27 and 29 and then your mate who isn't it a STH could have seat 28. Of course this could backfire badly if some right twat nabs seat 28 in the mean time.

Christ, yeah. Just imagine... a whole season. :down:

Attachments

• 55349516.png
    55349516.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 71

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports