Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
that signing would have been very quick work given that the player hadn't been to the Amex on thurs/Friday and CH was only back at his desk on thurs/Friday

hope i am wrong but can't see it

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
If I was AJ's agent, what would be the point of signing the first deal put in front of him?

Even if terms with Brighton were agreed, I'd wait around for another week or two at least and see what other options are open, and see if I can get any more wonga.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Wouldn't surprise me if he has signed, the club do seem to like to announce signings days after they've actually happened for some reason.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Please don't tell me The Argus comments section is our main source of transfer knowledge.

Here's Hughton's latest comments on transfer progress via The Argus (from yesterday) but it only went online this morning.

"Yes, there are funds available. What I am conscious of and what we have to be conscious of as a club is Financial Fair Play.
“We also have to be conscious that in anything we do we want value-for-money. I don't think it's right and appropriate that you are splashing out willy-nilly.
“It has to be done in a structured way and a value-for-money way but there are funds available and it's about how we can use them.
"Unfortunately in this day and age sometimes players you might want to get are outside of those perameters. We have to make sure we get the right players within the parameters."
"I am still very hopeful we will have a decent summer as regards bringing in players. How quickly it will be I don't know."
"Certainly it's always better to be able to do your work earlier but that is also always more difficult."
via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...ds_for_players___and_he_vows_to_spend_wisely/

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Here's Hughton's latest comments on transfer progress via The Argus (from yesterday) but it only went online this morning.

"Yes, there are funds available. What I am conscious of and what we have to be conscious of as a club is Financial Fair Play.
“We also have to be conscious that in anything we do we want value-for-money. I don't think it's right and appropriate that you are splashing out willy-nilly.
“It has to be done in a structured way and a value-for-money way but there are funds available and it's about how we can use them.
"Unfortunately in this day and age sometimes players you might want to get are outside of those perameters. We have to make sure we get the right players within the parameters."
"I am still very hopeful we will have a decent summer as regards bringing in players. How quickly it will be I don't know."
"Certainly it's always better to be able to do your work earlier but that is also always more difficult."
via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...ds_for_players___and_he_vows_to_spend_wisely/

It's crazy because despite the fact that this is all very, very sensible it leaves me feeling a bit depressed!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's crazy because despite the fact that this is all very, very sensible it leaves me feeling a bit depressed!

A bit of enthusiasm wouldn't go amiss. We have lost that since Poyet threw his toys out of the pram

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Can't really say that he's got a blank cheque book, can he? Selling clubs and agents could just bend us over for fees and wages if he did.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The other alternative is:-

"we've got money burning a hole, and we're going large"
"Should have the division won by Christmas".

I'd rather be a little disappointed now, with possible excitement later.
Than super excited now followed by real disappointed on 01.09.

We're never going to be excited & excited.
Although we have been disappointed & disappointed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports