Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Is that not illegal?

Depends, if you ask for permission to talk to a player and it is given then yes, you can agree a deal with a player before the club. Alternatively, the seller says our price is x and if you match that you can then talk to the player.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Which you can't do (legally), without having a fee agreed first.

I think you can if given permission withn the club. Often players agree terms and deals fall through because the two teams can't agree a fee. I guess it depends how quickly the seeling club wants to get the deal done.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
From Tehran Times:
I will consider offers from Bundesliga and La Liga, says Jahanbakhsh
Tehran Times Sports Desk

Iranian international winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh has not decided his next season’s team but stated that he will consider offers from the top European leagues such as German Bundesliga and Spanish La Liga.

“I have still one year left on my contract with NEC Nijmegen and there are some offers and rumors about my future. I will think about the offers with my agent and I will decide my next team when I return to Holland,” Jahanbakhsh told in an interview with Fars News Agency.

“I have to choose a club which improve my football so that would be a difficult decision to make. Any football player would love to play in German Bundesliga or Spanish La Liga and I’m not an exception so I would definitely consider offers from these two leagues,” 21-year old added.
Doesn't sound like he's joining us to me.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Move on I think. There is nothing to see here. I can't see any way he'll sign for us. Why would he if he is interesting top flight clubs?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Move on I think. There is nothing to see here. I can't see any way he'll sign for us. Why would he if he is interesting top flight clubs?

Game time is the only thing that could swing it. Question is do we have a big PERSONALITY anywhere in our recruitment team that could sell him the Albion? Not sure that I can think of one but then I don't know who out recruitment team are now tbh

I think we might sell the club by trying to make players feel we are doing them a favour with our fantastic facilities and big crowds. Just a gut feeling, nothing to back it up.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I assume he's been over to see the facilities over the weekend. Surely we'll know either way soon?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think we might sell the club by trying to make players feel we are doing them a favour with our fantastic facilities and big crowds. Just a gut feeling, nothing to back it up.

Given the 'typical' footballer I suspect those things come into play when the wage differential is fairly negligible.If we're off the pace of what he can get elsewhere (which, given the clubs named appears we would be) then I can't see it matters. Regardless of the splurge punted at signing, 'money talks'

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Game time is the only thing that could swing it. Question is do we have a big PERSONALITY anywhere in our recruitment team that could sell him the Albion? Not sure that I can think of one but then I don't know who out recruitment team are now tbh.

This is the crux of it, for me.

Obviously the signing of CMS didn't work out as everyone would have hoped or expected, but the fact that Gus managed to convince him to sign here ahead of other, arguably better offers, is something that I don't think the club could accomplish these days.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Given the 'typical' footballer I suspect those things come into play when the wage differential is fairly negligible.If we're off the pace of what he can get elsewhere (which, given the clubs named appears we would be) then I can't see it matters. Regardless of the splurge punted at signing, 'money talks'

Poyet managed to talk them round , but i guess CH is a different type of salesman

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Competition: FC Groningen, Heerenveen, Club Brugge, Standard Liege, Anderlecht. This was before we made our bid.

After last season, I am not sure we can compete?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its ALL about the money.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is sadly living in cloud cuckoo land.

And yes if we were offering say double what the others were (despite higher leagues, european football etc) then we would still get their sig.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Competition: FC Groningen, Heerenveen, Club Brugge, Standard Liege, Anderlecht. This was before we made our bid.

After last season, I am not sure we can compete?

The only bit of possible good news is that AJ's agent came over to England to check out our facilities and the stadium etc. Which shows that his agent thinks it is possible for him to come here, and he didn't just tell us to piss off becuase all these other clubs were interested. Why would he take the time to come over here if he was going to sign somewhere else?

Not that it shows a done deal, but it gives us a chance anyhow.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The point I see is that Albion are clearly serious about building a strong squad and forking out if needed.

The problem is all the other buggers who want the same players to improve their teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here