Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do we really want to get excited about players like that? How much effort is a player like that likely to put in when things go wrong?

Seriously we do not know anything - just a few quotes from his agent. He prob goes on his agents advice and it was maybe a bit of a silly move for us to put a time limit on it if we didn't have a similar player ready to sign straight away. We've tried to play hard ball and lost - there is no evidence of the player doing anything so just wait and see...!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Still hopeful. If he comes with ambition to go somewhere else, his game will have to show his skills to potential buyers down the line, so im hoping he still shows up

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seriously we do not know anything - just a few quotes from his agent. He prob goes on his agents advice and it was maybe a bit of a silly move for us to put a time limit on it if we didn't have a similar player ready to sign straight away. We've tried to play hard ball and lost - there is no evidence of the player doing anything so just wait and see...!

Fair enough but you just know that NSC is going to go into a complete wankfest if he signs and I'd suggest that 99.9% of Albion fans hadn't even heard of him a month ago. Most clubs would mark this under potentially good player who they might sign, we are so needy of decent players that we have already elevated this guy to a level he has not reached yet, not having seen him play and already thinking about selling him on for a massive profit :shrug:

PersianPrince

Jul 1, 2015
Just to make it clear, I'm not connected with Alireza or the club in any way. However, I've been following Alireza Jahanbakhsh since he played in Iran Pro League and I simply wanted to update you guys on the news that there is still a chance that in two weeks time he could be signing for BHAFC.

Alireza is training with NEC today after arriving in Holland yesterday, also more Iranian news agencies are now publishing articles about Alireza being linked with Brighton again after officials from the club are still interested in the player and are still in contact with his agent. They have told the agent that they have/will sign 2 EPL players.

This is the exact words of the agent "There are many clubs which are interested in Alireza, but they are not giving an official offer (due to the high price tag, since Dutch teams don't spend big), we gave a negative answer to Brighton because we didn't want to rush things, however in the near future things might change because they are in the process of building a strong team and are obsessed with Alireza and will do ANYTHING to sign him"

If Alireza recieves no new official offers from European teams (he has offers from MLS and Qatar), he will either stay at NEC or move to Brighton. Here, I think it's more likely that he will move to Brighton because last week the NEC officials criticised him for not signing for Brighton (because they wanted the money) and Alireza saw that as an insult. While Brighton officials are 'obsessed' with him, so which one will he choose? The reason Alireza hasn't moved to Brighton for now is because he thinks he may not be seen in the Championship if Brighton have a weak team and the only way that he will get recognition is if he plays alongside good players and the team is fighting for promotion.

That's all I know. I will update you guys if anything new comes out about this.

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Fair enough but you just know that NSC is going to go into a complete wankfest if he signs and I'd suggest that 99.9% of Albion fans hadn't even heard of him a month ago. Most clubs would mark this under potentially good player who they might sign, we are so needy of decent players that we have already elevated this guy to a level he has not reached yet, not having seen him play and already thinking about selling him on for a massive profit :shrug:

He can go past people and can cross the ball. It's no wonder there's a wankfest!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The reason Alireza hasn't moved to Brighton for now is because he thinks he may not be seen in the Championship if Brighton have a weak team and the only way that he will get recognition is if he plays alongside good players and the team is fighting for promotion.

You can see his point there, anyone watching videos of last season's games could be forgiven for assuming we'd be toilet again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Exactly you're quite right, and it's certainly something I am guilty of because of my needy need to be entertained.

It's a real shame how quickly this has happened, it's certainly surprising when I remember the years of dross I have laboured through in the name of The Albion.

But I guess that's what happens when the expectation level changes.
By Albion standards last season should have still been a success (or so 'they'll' have you believe) but I couldn't wait for it to finish.
I can easily wait for next season to start if the club don't introduce some pizzazz.

The excitement that comes with a young, quick, attacking player that is also an 'unknown' is exactly what I need this Summer.
Embrace it, don't get titsy just because his representation is doing his due diligence in public.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
You can see his point there, anyone watching videos of last season's games could be forgiven for assuming we'd be toilet again.

He's probably waiting to see who we sign as well as a statement of intent. 1 or 2 more 'prem ready' players and he might be more convinced. I think we all would be!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
blimey talk about machiavellianand I thought that PB was the master of smoke and mirrors, and Albion are supposed to be obsessed with signing this guy, is this something lost in the translation.
he might be very good and for 1.4m I hope he is, but until the ink is dry on the contract he is not ours, so lets all stop obsessing about signing him yeh.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Alireza is training with NEC today after arriving in Holland yesterday, also more Iranian news agencies are now publishing articles about Alireza being linked with Brighton again after officials from the club are still interested in the player and are still in contact with his agent. They have told the agent that they have/will sign 2 EPL players.

Rosenior is 1. Who's the other? Interesting - thank you [MENTION=33301]PersianPrince[/MENTION]

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm... next!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Being pedantic - does Rosenior count as a Premier League player?

Well his last game was in the Premier League, and he became a free agent at the end of last season. He had offers from PL clubs, so it's not an unreasonable description.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The Iranian fans are saying some wonderful things about us on their messageboards:

http://www.persianfootball.com/foru...lireza-Jahanbakhsh-N.E.C.-Nijmegen-2014-2015/

lol at Brighton. know your place please!

Brighton who are in the Championship?!

Hell no...

Who are Brighton to bid for one of the most talented players in the Eredivisie?

Brighton are ****. Plus, they hardly ever spend any money, I was shocked to see them offer Alireza £1.4m. The rest of the team are crap and I don't think there's any chance of promotion.

There are many negative points about him going to Brighton (if he does). However, the only positive I see from it is that, Alireza will be Brighton's best player.

If he goes to Brighton you can be sure that he most likely will never become anything more than an average Eredivisie player at most.
The team is absolutely crap and he will sink in the Championship with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here