Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'd rather not sign Aljazeera Jagsmash if it's all the same. If I were hunting id be wanting to sign players that were committed to the cause, not dickheads who want to mess us about. Let's move on, he's hardly messi

Exactly what makes someone committed to the cause? Most of the players we sign haven't done so because they have spent a lifetime yearning to don the blue and white stripes of BHA. I doubt when BZ first signed, it wasn't because he looked at the history of the club or where it was going, it was because he'd had a good loan spell and it was the chance for first team football which he wasn't getting at Rovers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It may be that, however don't forget that he can also stay with NEC where he will be in the Eredivisie and is loved by the fans. Alireza is now well known in Holland as a promising young player, many clubs are interested in him but, they are not willing to pay the amount that NEC is asking.

Also, in Iranian media there is a lot of talk about his agent (Amir Hashemi) being a 'dick' and looking to get the highest offer so he can have a good amount of the money too. Anyway, Alireza wants to be guaranteed when he comes to Brighton he will be playing alongside good players so that he can fight for promotion.

Ok I'll bite, are you in some way connected to him? You are making it sound like there is a good chance he will now sign for us?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'd certainly not be as dismissive of an offer as he's been. To now be saying he'll reconsider if we get better players is also a bit strong for a player who hasn't done anything himself.

When was he excessively dismissive of our offer? I don't think I've seen any quotes from him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd rather not sign Aljazeera Jagsmash if it's all the same. If I were hunting id be wanting to sign players that were committed to the cause, not dickheads who want to mess us about. Let's move on, he's hardly messi
I think we all feel like that about him, and right now it would schadenfreude if he broke his leg, but if he ended up coming here and turning in performances that put us in the promotion frame, it will all be forgotten.

Let's not forget, £1.4m could yet be an absolute steal. I guess we could always have bought Joe Garner instead, an ordinary league one striker with one good season behind him instead of an Iranian international who has had good reviews in a very decent league.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Jahangakhsh recently said his biggest influence in football is Peter Ward. Massive clues he'll sign for us.

Here's the interview about Peter Ward being an influence:

View attachment 66541

I don't believe the bit about Wardy flying above The Goldstone on a magic carpet though.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
He will surely move somewhere, so the longer this goes on the more likely it becomes

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
When was he excessively dismissive of our offer? I don't think I've seen any quotes from him.

In fairness, it may be from his agent and the comments are hidden amongst the 69 pages and I'm certainly not trawling through them to prove a point!

PersianPrince

Jul 1, 2015
Ok I'll bite, are you in some way connected to him? You are making it sound like there is a good chance he will now sign for us?

I've spoken to him before and he's a really down to earth person, but we are not 'connected'. It could be possible, the only reason they rejected the first offer from Brighton was because the club wanted a quick response while Alireza's agent wanted to see if PSV or AZ will offer the amount NEC is asking. If you look, his agent said this when rejecting the offer from Brighton couple of weeks ago: "He possibly could change his mind in a few weeks".

Personally, I think unless NEC lower the amount they want for him, Alireza will either stay at NEC or move to Brighton.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've spoken to him before and he's a really down to earth person, but we are not 'connected'. It could be possible, the only reason they rejected the first offer from Brighton was because the club wanted a quick response while Alireza's agent wanted to see if PSV or AZ will offer the amount NEC is asking. If you look, his agent said this when rejecting the offer from Brighton couple of weeks ago: "He possibly could change his mind in a few weeks".

Personally, I think unless NEC lower the amount they want for him, Alireza will either stay at NEC or move to Brighton.

Interesting, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face with some attitudes on here. So what if he turned us down and then is tempted to change his mind. How many players have done that in the past especially when more money is offered. Some on here want to see the club telling him to **** off and yet he could then sign for another team in this league and be the one laughing if it's a team who grab a promotion spot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he gets fit he could quite easily end up in a lower Premier League team imo, although wouldn't it be great if he was one of our unnamed targets this week?
TBH although not an opinion I'd formed until this conversation, I'd be in complete agreement with Dick the Agent over Tex, as well.
The Albion's team needs to be considerably better for Tex's return to be anything other than meh.
The lad clearly can't carry us and our non-attacking midfield.
But give Tex 100% more options in front of him, and helping him realise he shouldn't do it all on his own and he'll be a very good player.

Why would Prince Ernest be connected to Alireza Jahanbakhsh.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face with some attitudes on here. So what if he turned us down and then is tempted to change his mind. How many players have done that in the past especially when more money is offered. Some on here want to see the club telling him to **** off and yet he could then sign for another team in this league and be the one laughing if it's a team who grab a promotion spot.

This.

One word.

Calderon.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If we have failed on our other targets and he is willing to speak again we would be mad not to try and give it another go.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It wouldn't bother me if we singed him after he'd "turned us down". Hard to say how much is his doing and how much is his agent's - who does seem a bit of a cock, but I guess that goes with the territory.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think we all feel like that about him, and right now it would schadenfreude if he broke his leg
Jesus, that's a bit harsh. What exactly has he done wrong to us? He's gone and looked at better options than us, as he should. His agent may or may not have used us, but I doubt he really needed us as a shop window.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Very much this.

Talk about precious little princesses.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
In fairness, it may be from his agent and the comments are hidden amongst the 69 pages and I'm certainly not trawling through them to prove a point!

That's my point. I'm fairly sure the player has said nothing. I really can't see what he's done wrong.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If he doesn't sign for us, it will be because he's had a better offer (e.g. a team that can offer him European football) so it's not worth holding it against him. If he does sign, exciting times!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here