Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can't really hold this against him. He's a talented young player with a few clubs keen for him to sign for them. Why shouldn't he consider what's his best offer?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Can't really hold this against him. He's a talented young player with a few clubs keen for him to sign for them. Why shouldn't he consider what's his best offer?

We can certainly hold the way it's been done against him. Wouldn't surprise me if he's in a similar position next year, either hustling for a better contract or to be let go so that he can join a 'better' club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We can certainly hold the way it's been done against him. Wouldn't surprise me if he's in a similar position next year, either hustling for a better contract or to be let go so that he can join a 'better' club.

Probably nowt very much to do with the lad at all, it'll be his agent hustling on his client's behalf. And with the silly money sloshing around in the game who can blame him? If the player puts in a half-decent shift next season his value will double as an absolute minimum. It's a no-brainer really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably nowt very much to do with the lad at all, it'll be his agent hustling on his client's behalf. And with the silly money sloshing around in the game who can blame him? If the player puts in a half-decent shift next season his value will double as an absolute minimum. It's a no-brainer really.
It'll be interesting to see if the club ever deal with this particular agent/company again.

This non deal has certainly be handled in a very unAlbion way, esp when compared to Rosenior and Hemed's representatives.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It'll be interesting to see if the club ever deal with this particular agent/company again.

This non deal has certainly be handled in a very unAlbion way, esp when compared to Rosenior and Hemed's representatives.
I don't think you can compare the deals, as I doubt Rosenior and Hemed were being offered a contract by the 3rd best team in Holland. We were looking at someone who could have been great for us, but who was hoping for a better offer. I'm glad that we're trying to get people of that caliber in, and can't blame the guy for wanting to go to a bigger club. We can't get all good targets, so we move on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Don't recall any quotes attributed to him though, only Poyet....

Apologies for the late reply, I keep forgetting to respond.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/8155621.Calderon__I_m_sad_it_ended_like_this/

Calderon, 28, said: “I am disappointed and sad with the way it has ended. I am not a liar but maybe in football you are not meant to tell the truth.

“It'’s complicated. I never said no to Brighton. I agreed with the conditions of the contract but I wanted to wait to meet with Southampton and they understood that.

“They told me about the deadline in the last week and I thought I would have the Southampton proposal by then. The problem was I couldn’t have a meeting with them in time so I asked for another week. They said the deadline is the deadline.​

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Apologies for the late reply, I keep forgetting to respond.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/8155621.Calderon__I_m_sad_it_ended_like_this/

Calderon, 28, said: “I am disappointed and sad with the way it has ended. I am not a liar but maybe in football you are not meant to tell the truth.

“It'’s complicated. I never said no to Brighton. I agreed with the conditions of the contract but I wanted to wait to meet with Southampton and they understood that.

“They told me about the deadline in the last week and I thought I would have the Southampton proposal by then. The problem was I couldn’t have a meeting with them in time so I asked for another week. They said the deadline is the deadline.​

Thanks Acker, so basically he was keeping his options open, he wasn't like Bridcutt.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
More than a bit alarming that we're so apparently NEEDY that we've got SIXTY FIVE (and counting) pages on NSC about some Iranian kiddie nobody ever heard of up til this thread. Sake!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only 17 for us 40'ers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here