Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It’s easy to get a false impression of the standard of the Argie league due to number of world class players that have come from there.

I’ve been to Boca and watched them play. The standard is dire, like a more skilful League 1 but with a couple of world class players on the way out.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It’s easy to get a false impression of the standard of the Argie league due to number of world class players that have come from there.

That's the point. The decent players all leave at the very first opportunity

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Give me strength

Brighton defender Alexis MacAllister has been linked with a permanent return to Argentina after joining Boca Juniors on loan last summer. But the Seagulls' boss Graham Potter wasn't giving much away.

He said at today's news conference: "It would be unfair for me to speak about a player that hasn't played for us. I wouldn't want to speak about someone that's not ours at the moment."

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It would be pretty comical if this whole saga ended up with him signing permanently for Boca on deadline day :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That's the point. The decent players all leave at the very first opportunity

Sort of what I was alluding to.

I've never actually seen a game, but based on salaries - and let's face it money is going to be the main factor in where the most talented players go - the Argentinian league is below the Dutch league.

Not that it's going to stop me believing that he's the next Maradonna mind.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Give me strength

Brighton defender Alexis MacAllister has been linked with a permanent return to Argentina after joining Boca Juniors on loan last summer. But the Seagulls' boss Graham Potter wasn't giving much away.

He said at today's news conference: "It would be unfair for me to speak about a player that hasn't played for us. I wouldn't want to speak about someone that's not ours at the moment."

That's classic manager speak for something is happening.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I’ve been to Boca and watched them play. The standard is dire, like a more skilful League 1 but with a couple of world class players on the way out.

Agreed. Awesome atmosphere but nowhere near top European standard. I did get to see an ageing Riquelme though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Give me strength

That's after the reports that WE had signed Dreyer from Midtjylland this window.

It seems that getting transfers the right way round is beyond some reports.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Agreed. Awesome atmosphere but nowhere near top European standard. I did get to see an ageing Riquelme though.

Same, although he looked 2 stone overweight and got sent off after an hour. Still the best player on the pitch though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Give me strength

Ye posted that bit earlier

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Happy days! Let's hope they get it over the line.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If we do this deal to bring Mac Allister in, sign Lamptey and maybe bring in a striker then it's been a pretty decent window. Or this could all fall apart tomorrow...25 hours to go

weekend starts.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here