[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Let’s hope the recruitment team don’t cock up securing our own player :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Well, if we do, I really hope the situation is one the lad is happy with. He has/had the chance of winning a major trophy with his favourite club. If bringing him over here now makes him feel disgruntled or resentful (and I wouldn't blame him) we could be making a major bloomer.

I'm pretty sure the extra £40k a week he'll probably be earning will soften the blow.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
The club getting a lot of shit for having to pay compensation to cut his loan short.

Maybe we tried including a recall but Boca refused? They probably didn't imagine him breaking into the Argentina team and qualifying for a WP so saw benefit in him being at a top top South American club.

Either way, all in he's still cost us under 8m even with the reported 625k to terminate his loan early.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Well, if we do, I really hope the situation is one the lad is happy with. He has/had the chance of winning a major trophy with his favourite club. If bringing him over here now makes him feel disgruntled or resentful (and I wouldn't blame him) we could be making a major bloomer.

This is true...but I found this quote from when he signed. Seems keen to join and prove himself in the prem.

"They made a big effort, told me about their project and their ideas to keep growing in this league, and I liked their ideas. I liked what they said. We kept in contact with [head of recruitment and analysis]*Paul [Winstanley] and I was eventually able to come and sign everything.

"I watch a lot of football and for me the English league is the best in the world. It is above all the other leagues.*That's the challenge for me, to be able to perform in that league and to bring my contribution to this team.*I feel I am a player who really likes to get on the ball, that is my style."

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is true...but I found this quote from when he signed. Seems keen to join and prove himself in the prem.

"They made a big effort, told me about their project and their ideas to keep growing in this league, and I liked their ideas. I liked what they said. We kept in contact with [head of recruitment and analysis]*Paul [Winstanley] and I was eventually able to come and sign everything.

"I watch a lot of football and for me the English league is the best in the world. It is above all the other leagues.*That's the challenge for me, to be able to perform in that league and to bring my contribution to this team.*I feel I am a player who really likes to get on the ball, that is my style."

Yes, just what we want to hear. If it was me, though, I think I'd be miffed at being dragged away from the team I'd dreamed of playing for since an early age on the brink of a major championship. Yes, move in the summer - but not now PLEASE!

Here's hoping he sees it differently!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
QUOTE=mashman156;9226504]If we do this deal to bring Mac Allister in, sign Lamptey and maybe bring in a striker then it's been a pretty decent window. Or this could all fall apart tomorrow...25 hours to go[/QUOTE]

True however the only certainty is the the 25 hours to go!

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Yes, just what we want to hear. If it was me, though, I think I'd be miffed at being dragged away from the team I'd dreamed of playing for since an early age on the brink of a major championship. Yes, move in the summer - but not now PLEASE!

Here's hoping he sees it differently!

I see your point. Maybe my Albion blinders are on...that and the excitement of a potential incoming. A full Argentina International no less

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
QUOTE=mashman156;9226504]If we do this deal to bring Mac Allister in, sign Lamptey and maybe bring in a striker then it's been a pretty decent window. Or this could all fall apart tomorrow...25 hours to go

True however the only certainty is the the 25 hours to go![/QUOTE]

Very true. Tomorrow the mood on here could be buzzing, or the lowest it's been for a while (well since the Bournemouth game anyway!)

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
We are going to have to play him when he does come back, I doubt he will be to happy to come here to warm the bench, I reckon he will given a 30 minute cameo to start with to try and make an impact.
He should be match fit when he arrives, just got to hope he adapts to our tactics quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here