Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister: Albion legend?

Is Alexis Mac Allister an Albion club legend?

• Of course he is!

Votes: 144 52.6%
  • Nah.

Votes: 130 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The most deluded ones are the plastic southern fans, those who never went past the Watford Gap and who will never see them except from their comfy sofa watching TV.
Never a truer word - although I would add lifestyle scouse-haters (also probably scared to go north of Watford Gap) to the list of deluded 'fans'!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Some people feel more comfortable to pretend all this never happened, and attach themselves to the made-up trope that scousers don't consider themselves English, and other such claptrap.
Having worked in the construction industry all my life, I’ve come across all types. It used to be mainly the Irish, but feck knows where they’ve all gone. Back in the late 80’s one of the sites I was responsible for was Stoke Newington Police Station and there were a gang of Liverpudlian brickes working there. One day after work I was having a pint in the local pub and got chatting to them. Lovely bunch of guys, but they did come out with the comment “We’re not English, we’re Scousers” It was said in a light hearted manner and accompanied by much chuckling. I’d never heard it said before or said since, but for some reason I remember it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There needs to be an equivalent of Godwins law applied to Liverpool FC.

When someone makes a negative comment on a forum about Liverpool or its fans, how long will it take for a 2nd club merchant/sympathiser to bring up Hillsborough, completely out of context.

Only need to be measured in seconds!

And there it is
Yes and you are proving the law when ever anyone says something positive. Every time. No other set of fans gets this kind of treatment and I believe it stems from petty racism.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Having worked in the construction industry all my life, I’ve come across all types. It used to be mainly the Irish, but feck knows where they’ve all gone. Back in the late 80’s one of the sites I was responsible for was Stoke Newington Police Station and there were a gang of Liverpudlian brickes working there. One day after work I was having a pint in the local pub and got chatting to them. Lovely bunch of guys, but they did come out with the comment “We’re not English, we’re Scousers” It was said in a light hearted manner and accompanied by much chuckling. I’d never heard it said before or said since, but for some reason I remember it.
That is true, a lot of Scousers said that back in the day, I believe mostly ones originating from Irish immigration though it probably spread amongst the more 'native' population as well.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Me and a few work mates managed to get tickets for the 1974 FA cup final and were in the Liverpool end and in middle of their fans. Couldn’t meet a nicer bunch - no complaining about southerners getting tickets, pleased we were supporting the reds that day, and even more pleased to stuff it up Newcastle.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yes and you are proving the law when ever anyone says something positive. Every time. No other set of fans gets this kind of treatment and I believe it stems from petty racism.
Racism :lolol:

NSC is, over the years, littered with derogatory comments about Leeds, Wednesday, Southampton, Chelsea, Utd, Burnley, Stoke, just to name a few.

Nobody bats an eyelid.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Racism :lolol:

NSC is, over the years, littered with derogatory comments about Leeds, Wednesday, Southampton, Chelsea, Utd, Burnley, Stoke, just to name a few.

Nobody bats an eyelid.
You ostensibly make a reasonable point. However most mocking points regarding those fans and others stem from a reaction to the actions of those fans. Many comments here and elsewhere are more pointed towards Scousers as a group of people, denigrating them and their culture. Sorry to offend if I mention the 'H' word again, but there have also been many comments here still blaming Liverpool fans for the tragedy that day, even after the Police were found to have covered up and lied, and the newspapers were found to have fabricated their stories to suit their narrative. I found it very hard to live in Liverpool and was very homesick as I wasn't keen on some aspects of life up there but I will call out 'bollocks' as @Harry Wilson's tackle said, drawing on my own experience of the place and people, some of whom have come and supported Brighton with me, lending their £££ and voices to support our club even back in the dark old days.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I read it. You forgot to mention 39 dead Italians and a 5 year ban from Europe.
I didn't 'forget'

If that's what justifies your hatred, fine.

I presume you hate Yorkshire police and the Sun equally,

But you don't do you?

You have been found out, being a twat, and are aftertiming and whatabouting. Not a great look :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was you that picked up on 'chip on shoulder' and added some Hillsborough , and followed up with some after timing.

As I said, not a good look, @Billy the Fish

1712405427292.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sure someone’s mentioned it but he scored at scumhurst to get us a point remember… Not a legend for me but a key figure. A legend would normally be here a bit longer imo.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're delusional! Who was the first person to mention Hillsborough on this thread?
I thought it was you. If not, apologies.

But you certainly took the ball and gleefully ran with it.

I can't be bothered to read through the whole thread to find out what initially annoyed me and at least one other poster yesterday. Some weird Liverpool pile on, minus only a reference to the pope I suspect. :shrug:.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
He seems like a genuine guy who came into his own during a tenure with us and contributed to some outstanding results, but wasn't here long enough to earn the title of legend...Good on him, and I wish him well, and I'll always applaud him especially when he behaves like he did when we played them..

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He seems like a genuine guy who came into his own during a tenure with us and contributed to some outstanding results, but wasn't here long enough to earn the title of legend...Good on him, and I wish him well, and I'll always applaud him especially when he behaves like he did when we played them..
Personally, I think any player on our books who gets picked for his country and is player of the match in a world cup final deserves this title.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I thought it was you. If not, apologies.

But you certainly took the ball and gleefully ran with it.

I can't be bothered to read through the whole thread to find out what initially annoyed me and at least one other poster yesterday. Some weird Liverpool pile on, minus only a reference to the pope I suspect. :shrug:.
I don't take anything on here personally, I hope you don't either!

Context is everything.

One person expressed a dislike of Liverpool. One. Someone else leap to Liverpool's defence and started bringing Hillsborough when nobody else had mentioned it.

That really bugs me and I'll call it out every time, I don't care if that upsets people.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We’ve won at Old Trafford more than he has this season, clearly was holding us back

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't take anything on here personally, I hope you don't either!

Context is everything.

One person expressed a dislike of Liverpool. One. Someone else leap to Liverpool's defence and started bringing Hillsborough when nobody else had mentioned it.

That really bugs me and I'll call it out every time, I don't care if that upsets people.
Fair points. Sorry for going off on one. I didn't process the context. I seem to have put 2 and 2 together and got 6.

I'm please to say I didn't hear any of the tragedy chanting (from either side) today. Hopefully my ears were working properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here