Alex Pritchard

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Has anyone considered the thought that Pritchard may have failed the medical at ours last night and that's why he is now heading to Norwich?

Grasping a bit i think. All that has happened. We agreed personal terms and a fee. Some bell end from Norwich said don't sign we have more cash to give you. He delays 24 hrs. Norwich agree a fee then get him up there on 5/10k more a week then we offered. At the same time the agent makes another 500k and job done. No real thought that he won't play as much and may harm a promising career.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Grasping a bit i think. All that has happened. We agreed personal terms and a fee. Some bell end from Norwich said don't sign we have more cash to give you. He delays 24 hrs. Norwich agree a fee then get him up there on 5/10k more a week then we offered. At the same time the agent makes another 500k and job done. No real thought that he won't play as much and may harm a promising career.

If Norwich don't get back up quickly they are in trouble, they can't tolerate any losses

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Norwich don't get back up quickly they are in trouble, they can't tolerate any losses

Attempting to charge families to enter a previously free bar would suggest Norwich aren't the only club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Would be grand if the JONATHAN CALLERI thread could sink without trace, never to resurface. Seems to have taken up permanent residence on Page 1 of NSC, much like the Infinite Jukebox thread.

There are a few threads I'd like to see nuked from NSC, the Calleri one certainly being one.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I remember the Clayton saga,didn't Naylor and a couple of ITK rimmers have that one down as a done deal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

and we have two of the best midfield in the division otherwise why would everyone be looking at them
I know which I would rather have
Cayton is a nasty tw@t and Pilchard we know nothing about
hold on to what we have and let all the others WEEP

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Bit of a slow day here.

How about this as a scenario?

Levy: Don’t worry Pritchy, I’ll have a word with my mate Tone and get you one last bumper payday.

… A couple of hours pass…

Levy: Tone mate, got this crocked player I need to shift.
Bloom: Not interested.
Levy: Could be mutually beneficial.
Bloom: How so?
Levy: Well if we pretend you’ve made an offer for him, then tell the media, no doubt one of them scummy brainless cash flush clubs will jump in and waste a good chunk of their transfer kitty.
Bloom: Okay, so who is it and how much is he?
Levy: It’s Pritchy. Maybe worth £2-3 mil, but I’ll add a bit. I’ll send him down later today to make it look legit.
Bloom: Okay, nothing to lose I suppose.

…A couple more hours pass…

Bloom: £8 million, are you off your ******’ nut?
Levy: Trust me, it’ll work.
Bloom: I think you may have pushed it a little too far, we’ll see. I’ll go public and say it may take a couple of days to sort the contract.

…Pritchard offered £50 and a Mars bar. (Would make him Albion’s forth highest paid player.)…

…Next morning…

Levy: Told you there’d be a mug out there with more money than sense.
Bloom: Well played, sold them a player they don’t even need.
Levy: Yeah… let’s just hope he passes the medical…

If only!:lol:

Blue_Boy

Apr 26, 2016
North Of The Wall
It is the agent and Norwich's fault. The agent is not allowed to speak to another club about personal deals before a fee is agreed and Norwich know that and should not have spoken to him.
If the agent knows there is a better deal from Norwich it is illegal and both should be punished. Otherwise what is the point?

Sadly Plooks I doubt there'll be any punishment. It's a frequent & too often allowed aspect of football that agents are accepted though unwanted manipulators & leeches. How much is Pogba's agent on for his move? Somewhere around £20m for being a sleazy chaperone for a spoilt overrated player

Two weeks ago Nick Powell had had a successful medical at Wolves & they'd reached contract signing stage. Then Wolves suddenly called the deal off. Their new mega bucks Chinese/Super agent Mendes consortium had rung to say we don't want him. Within 3 hours Powell - a free agent after Man Utd let go - was at Wigan signing a contract & doing the shirt holding fake pose

He'd left Wigan hanging the day before promising to get back to them but his next stop was Wolves & he plus his money grabber agent liked their deal till it got pulled

Wigan thought they were Powell's first choice. Hours earlier he'd had a pen in his hand at Molineux. His agent had hastily driven him to Wigan to sign a deal agreed a day before. Loyalty? Honour? Doesn't exist

Wigan didn't find out the truth till later after Powell had signed. There is no loyalty & we've just been shafted hoping there was but we'll take it on the chin & look around

It's now all about the Benjamin's more than it's ever been & who can sneak in with the best deal by any means. Should be two interesting games against the yellow shirted shits

We come out of this with decency but not the player. More resolve now to go for it...

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Not on the official facebook page..........only on unofficial ones.

The club haven't shared anything. The Facebook account you are referring to is a fake.

The official club Facebook page has a blue tick (as does their Twitter account) and always has a link back to their Seagulls.co.uk page. They've only posted about record sales of shirts, and about the first six matches of the season, in the last 36 hours.

Oh yes. I had never noticed that before. I have unliked them in protest! Thanks :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bit of a slow day here.

Levy: Don’t worry Pritchy, I’ll have a word with my mate Tone and get you one last bumper payday.

Levy: Well if we pretend you’ve made an offer for him, then tell the media, no doubt one of them scummy brainless cash flush clubs will jump in and waste a good chunk of their transfer kitty.
Levy: It’s Pritchy. Maybe worth £2-3 mil, but I’ll add a bit. I’ll send him down later today to make it look legit.

Bloom: I think you may have pushed it a little too far, we’ll see. I’ll go public and say it may take a couple of days to sort the contract.

…Pritchard offered £50 and a Mars bar. (Would make him Albion’s forth highest paid player.)…

…Next morning…

Pritchard has shown what he can do in the Championship already with a standout season for Brentford. He is most definitely a £5m plus player and not a £2m-£3m player.

This one really grates because, as Ian Holloway predicted this week, there's a fair chance Norwich and Brighton will be fighting it out for second spot. I wonder whether right now he'd flip his prediction of us 2nd and them 3rd?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sadly Plooks I doubt there'll be any punishment. It's a frequent & too often allowed aspect of football that agents are accepted though unwanted manipulators & leeches. How much is Pogba's agent on for his move? Somewhere around £20m for being a sleazy chaperone for a spoilt overrated player

Two weeks ago Nick Powell had had a successful medical at Wolves & they'd reached contract signing stage. Then Wolves suddenly called the deal off. Their new mega bucks Chinese/Super agent Mendes consortium had rung to say we don't want him. Within 3 hours Powell - a free agent after Man Utd let go - was at Wigan signing a contract & doing the shirt holding fake pose

He'd left Wigan hanging the day before promising to get back to them but his next stop was Wolves & he plus his money grabber agent liked their deal till it got pulled

Wigan thought they were Powell's first choice. Hours earlier he'd had a pen in his hand at Molineux. His agent had hastily driven him to Wigan to sign a deal agreed a day before. Loyalty? Honour? Doesn't exist

Wigan didn't find out the truth till later after Powell had signed. There is no loyalty & we've just been shafted hoping there was but we'll take it on the chin & look around

It's now all about the Benjamin's more than it's ever been & who can sneak in with the best deal by any means. Should be two interesting games against the yellow shirted shits

We come out of this with decency but not the player. More resolve now to go for it...

I don't understand what Powell or his agent did wrong in this saga. He was offered a job, a better one came along then got pulled so he went back to the original offer. I would do the same.
Regarding Norwich and Pritchard, what have they done wrong ? They outbid us (so it seems). Other times we will use our spending power against 'smaller' clubs. I'm not sure where decency comes into it.
Completely agree with your last sentence though..:albion2:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I agree 100%

The one thing I would say is that we don't know what Spurs told the agent.

Spurs may have Told the agent to look for clubs as well

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bit of a slow day here.

…Next morning…

Many a true word said in jest:D

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Let's not forget the signing of Dale Stephens had shown we are willing to cut corners and act properly to get a player...

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
If Norwood rumour is true, imagine we may have accepted an offer for Stephens subject to our getting a replacement. With the dual signing of Norwood and Pritchard, it would soften blow of DS leaving and would potentially leave us in a stronger position than before... If true, not sure where it leaves things now though.

That's my pie in the sky theory anyway...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports