Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Ferguson - "helping out" certain championship clubs.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Seems that Sir Alex may have quite a say in the Promotion & Relegation issues in our league.

Media outlets quote him as saying that he would like to "help" Peterborough (and his son !) avoid relegation by loaning them a couple of players and that to ensure the Zaha deal goes through he would like to "help" Palace in their promotion push by loaning them players and allowing Zaha to stay at Crystal Palace until the end of the season. I can understand the Palace situation to a degree as he is trying to get the actual price down by offering incentives - however it does open up some moral issues IMO concerning larger clubs "helping" lower league clubs.

The whole loan market needs to be looked at (Watford etc) and it is interesting to note that Sir Alex may be thrown into a moral dilemma on the final day of the championship when Palace host Peterborough !

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Don't see the problem? Players getting experience? Not as if he is saying to the players, only place you can go is palace or Peterborough

And when he pulls players away from peterborough after they sack his son?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Indeed.

And anyway, half of the loanees he sends out are absolute minge.

Very much this. The very good ones seem to go to better clubs (whether higher in the league pyramid or not). Once he's given up on someone, why not send them elsewhere for some of the rest of their contract

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not really any moral questions. you only make this suggestion as a) its Fergie and b) he's said it outright and publically. managers helping out mates/old collegues goes on alot. forget McShane, what about Virgo to Celtic!

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I appreciate that we currently enjoy the services of the wonderful Mr Bridge.

However, the Peterboro thing just looks wrong. He may wrap it up on the basis that it';s giving his players some experience but really he is helping out his son's struggling side. I don't think the other relegation candidates would view this in such a dismissive nature.

It is a shame that so many issues within the Championship this season will be decided on who you know.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I appreciate that we currently enjoy the services of the wonderful Mr Bridge.

However, the Peterboro thing just looks wrong. He may wrap it up on the basis that it';s giving his players some experience but really he is helping out his son's struggling side. I don't think the other relegation candidates would view this in such a dismissive nature.

It is a shame that so many issues within the Championship this season will be decided on who you know.

Has he not always sent players out somewhere at least? Didn't Beckham learn his trade at Preston? Can we not choose who we loan our players to then?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... He may wrap it up on the basis that it';s giving his players some experience but really he is helping out his son's struggling side.

but you said sources are quoting him that he would like to help Peterborough. so its not wrapped up in anyway, its out in the open.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed.

And anyway, half of the loanees he sends out are absolute minge.
With that all important 'do you know who I am' attitude.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I get fed up with hearing about the red nosed whinger. I really think he is getting too big for the game. He constantly goes over the top with his slagging off of officials, rival managers and players who have the temerity to disagree with his views. His snide remarks about Pardew forgetting the " Help " he has given him is just one of loads of examples. I just wish he would get his Champions League trophy and bugger off.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I get fed up with hearing about the red nosed whinger. I really think he is getting too big for the game. He constantly goes over the top with his slagging off of officials, rival managers and players who have the temerity to disagree with his views. His snide remarks about Pardew forgetting the " Help " he has given him is just one of loads of examples. I just wish he would get his Champions League trophy and bugger off.

Yep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here