Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums 2021

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Have I mentioned....Rebbeca Vasmant - With Love, From Glasgow....yet?

If not, I should have done. It was released last month. Every track a scorcher!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I'm looking for some new music to listen to similar to Dianne Krall ( Elvis Costellos wife!)

Jazz pianist singer ( must be female) any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it1NaXrIN9I

Not an area I have great knowledge in but if it’s contemporary, classic female jazz singers you’re keen on then have you checked out Madeline Peyroux, Elaine Elias, Melody Gardot and Esperanza Spalding.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Latest mix can be found here:
http://https://www.mixcloud.com/The_Airing_Cupboard/sounds-of-the-airing-cupboard-68/

Tracklist
1. Eilien - SMS
2. Luz de Gas - Demolicion
3. Vontade - Vientos
4. Nevio Rubi - Carmen Miranda
5. Scotch Rolex ft Lord Spikeheart - Success
6. BackxWash - Burn to Ashes
7. Greyhound - The Rope
8. Girl Friday - You're Getting A Dog
9. Fake Turins - Down!
10. Lealani & SnakeFoot - Kid Computer
11. Kayla Painter - Unseen and Unknown
12. Kedr Livansky - Who Follows Me
13. Produsserka - Not Gonna Get Us
14. Cattivo - Merciful Hands
15. Ivy Z - 10,000 Dawns
16. Pipin - Crowded
17. Goddexx - I Want To Shatter In Your Arms

Length = 60 minutes.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Latest mix can be found here:
http://https://www.mixcloud.com/The_Airing_Cupboard/sounds-of-the-airing-cupboard-68/

Tracklist
1. Eilien - SMS
2. Luz de Gas - Demolicion
3. Vontade - Vientos
4. Nevio Rubi - Carmen Miranda
5. Scotch Rolex ft Lord Spikeheart - Success
6. BackxWash - Burn to Ashes
7. Greyhound - The Rope
8. Girl Friday - You're Getting A Dog
9. Fake Turins - Down!
10. Lealani & SnakeFoot - Kid Computer
11. Kayla Painter - Unseen and Unknown
12. Kedr Livansky - Who Follows Me
13. Produsserka - Not Gonna Get Us
14. Cattivo - Merciful Hands
15. Ivy Z - 10,000 Dawns
16. Pipin - Crowded
17. Goddexx - I Want To Shatter In Your Arms

Length = 60 minutes.

Broadly speaking, what kind of music is this? Is it 'rock' based? I haven't heard of a single one of those artists.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Broadly speaking, what kind of music is this? Is it 'rock' based? I haven't heard of a single one of those artists.

A mix of a lot of things, though rock isn't one of them. All the stuff here has been newly released in the last couple of months and discovered whilst I've been rummaging around Bandcamp.

1. Eilien - Electronica that is a distant cousin to Orbital's Chime.
2. Luz de Gas - Female fronted Latin American punk from Chile
3. Vontade - Female fronted Latin American punk from Mexico - along with previous track very raw and shouty
4. Nevio Rubi - Punk in spirit loud electronic stuff from Brazil.
5. Scotch Rolex ft Lord Spikeheart - Scotch Rolex is vetran techno artist DJ Scotch Egg who has teamed up with various people from Uganda's electronic scene - if you like being screamed at this one is for you.
6. BackxWash - Very angry hip hop - this one samples post rock group God Speed You Black Emperor
7. Greyhound - Very mellow spoken hip hop
8. Girl Friday - alternative pop
9. Fake Turins - Funk pop with 80s feel
10. Lealani & SnakeFoot - A mix of hip hop, beats and Bjork
11. Kayla Painter - Mellow instrumental ambient
12. Kedr Livansky - Electronic pop from a soundtrack
13. Produsserka - Russian techno sampling the Russian language version of TATU
14. Cattivo - 50s pop you could imagine David Lynch using in Twin Peaks
15. Ivy Z - Folk Pop
16. Pipin - Dream Pop
17. Goddexx - Warped shoegaze

It's all very much influenced by my adolescent years that roughly covered the years 1979-83 where I was equally at home with Crass and the Human League. I don't expect many people to like much from the above but feel good if someone finds one thing they like.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A mix of a lot of things, though rock isn't one of them. All the stuff here has been newly released in the last couple of months and discovered whilst I've been rummaging around Bandcamp.

1. Eilien - Electronica that is a distant cousin to Orbital's Chime.
2. Luz de Gas - Female fronted Latin American punk from Chile
3. Vontade - Female fronted Latin American punk from Mexico - along with previous track very raw and shouty
4. Nevio Rubi - Punk in spirit loud electronic stuff from Brazil.
5. Scotch Rolex ft Lord Spikeheart - Scotch Rolex is vetran techno artist DJ Scotch Egg who has teamed up with various people from Uganda's electronic scene - if you like being screamed at this one is for you.
6. BackxWash - Very angry hip hop - this one samples post rock group God Speed You Black Emperor
7. Greyhound - Very mellow spoken hip hop
8. Girl Friday - alternative pop
9. Fake Turins - Funk pop with 80s feel
10. Lealani & SnakeFoot - A mix of hip hop, beats and Bjork
11. Kayla Painter - Mellow instrumental ambient
12. Kedr Livansky - Electronic pop from a soundtrack
13. Produsserka - Russian techno sampling the Russian language version of TATU
14. Cattivo - 50s pop you could imagine David Lynch using in Twin Peaks
15. Ivy Z - Folk Pop
16. Pipin - Dream Pop
17. Goddexx - Warped shoegaze

It's all very much influenced by my adolescent years that roughly covered the years 1979-83 where I was equally at home with Crass and the Human League. I don't expect many people to like much from the above but feel good if someone finds one thing they like.

Thanks, I'm in for a listen then :thumbsup:

The specific link doesn't work, but found it by clicking your mixcloud signature.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Liked the opening track, then it all became a bit unsettling for me so had to keep skipping :lol: until I reached the Kayla Painter.

Produsserka track was quiet interesting and also didn't mind the Ivy Z track.

Thanks for sharing.

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
May i just say thank you very much for introducing me to Bicpe I love them there live you tube set from 2018 is the best i have heard in years thanks again for opening this up to me normally listen to Bach and indie nice to add something new .

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Really enjoying the new Martha Wainwright offering, Love Will Be Reborn.

Usually prefer the softer, rounded chants from Lucy over Martha's harsher sound, but this is really pleasant.

e7e4fd2410d7a190f208897a6f7634cb.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's from 2020 -- CV19 has affected my buying and listening habits -- but I've just got my mitts on Defeat by Fire, which is their best outing yet. The trio are augmented by a brilliant brass arrangement. Highly recommended if you like avant garde jazz.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Parquet Courts announced their new album, which is out October 22nd and if its anything like their last album Wide Awake it'll be a belter.

First track that is out is superb

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's from 2020 -- CV19 has affected my buying and listening habits -- but I've just got my mitts on Defeat by Fire, which is their best outing yet. The trio are augmented by a brilliant brass arrangement. Highly recommended if you like avant garde jazz.

Thanks for this! Giving it a spin now and already the first track is right up my street.

Shades of the more jazz minded Nyabinghi musicians like Cedric Brooks. With that dark bass and flute there's even some shades of Count Ossie and Ras Michael in there too. Then it goes off in a different direction that puts me in mind of The Hypnotic Brass Ensemble.

Now onto track two and loving that too. I've a feeling this album is going to be an absolute cracker for me :thumbsup:

Edit: Sorry, had to go back to track one already... It's just too good! Imagine someone like Michael Smith or Mutabaruka story telling over this!!! Not that it needs elevating to higher heights as it's already up there! Brilliant stuff!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here