Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's next manager ***Discuss it here & vote***

Who should replace Steve Coppell? (3 votes)

• Bob Booker

Votes: 55 19.1%
  • Dean Wilkins

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Paul Merson

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • Tony Adams

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 43 14.9%
  • Graham Rix

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Gary Johnson (Yeovil)

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Lawrie Sanchez

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Ian Dowie

Votes: 124 43.1%
  • Nigel Clough

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Joe Kinnear

Votes: 44 15.3%
  • Glen Hoddle

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Terry Burton (Watford Assist.)

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Liam Brady

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • Danny Wilson (Bristol City)

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • Glen Roeder

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Jean Tigana

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Lou Macari

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Dave Merrington

• Steve McMahon

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Terry Connor (Wolves Assist.)

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Stuart Pearce

• Brain Little

• Carlton Parmer

• Alan Cork

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Graham

• Andy Ritchie (Leeds Coach)

• John Gregory

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Keith Curle (Mansfield)

• Howard Wilkinson ( (Late addition to poll)

• Stuart Gray (Late addition to poll)

• Mark McGhee (Late addition to poll)

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • The Chuckle Brothers (will maintain Albions passing style...To Me..To You

Votes: 5 1.7%

• Total voters

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Bald Gull said:
Anyone see Jean Tigana's name mentioned in the News of The World today. Didn't even consider him in the list above coz thought there was no chance of him coming.

Has he managed in the champions league before Fulham? Could DK be talking about him?
Yeah, he's managed AS Monaco in the champs league... Incidentally i voted for him on the poll...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I see little point in appointing a manager whilst Falmer goes on and on and ..........

Why not see out this season, not as if we'll be relegated and then make an appointment.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Beach Hut said:
I see little point in appointing a manager whilst Falmer goes on and on and ..........

Isn't that the reason DK is waiting 2/3 weeks? To see what the outcome is from the remainder of the public enquiry. Once we get the nod for Falmer from them then the next manager coming in can't creditably use the stadium excuse anymore.

Grizz

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Joe Kinnear for me.

Ex-Brighton (Ok big deal in reality but nice to have the link).
Has London contacts (essential for loan negotiations, easier to attract London based players to Brighton than players further North).
Used to working with this level of budget.
Less likely to leave. Given his medical history I would have thought a higher profile higher pressure post would not be what he was after.

I simply favour an old head if possible with contacts in London which I feel are essential.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
LETS GO FOR SVEN!! He's bound to be leaving the England set up soon!:bounce:

erm

Oct 14, 2003
Why Not Bob For the Job????

Why Not Bob For the Job????
Give BoB Booker the Managers Job Now & let him Get on with IT !!! why rock the Boat & bring in another Glory Hunter & waste time & Money with the chance of Disrupting the team Sing this @ Bournmouth, to the tune of Give Peace a Chance , ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE BOB A CHANCE.... ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE BOB THE JOB... ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE BOB A CHANCE.... ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE BOB THE JOB ... ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE BOB A CHANCE.... ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE BOB THE JOB ... ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE BOB A CHANCE.... ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE BOB THE JOB ....

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
DK said something about a European manager whos managed in the Champoins League - why did Christian Gross spring to my mind?

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
I think Ian Dowie's the man for the job.

He's a likes to keep the ball on the deck and pass it around and I think that would suit our style of play. And, if that's not a good enough reason just look at what he's done at Oldham on next to nothing!?!

:drink:

Wez

Aug 18, 2003
Worthing
In the Star it says DK has given Booker for games to prove himself.

I know its the Star, but u never know.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Four games will take us until next Tue - Brentford away. I think that is understandable as the new manager would normally have a home game as the first game - don't want an away defeat to start off with.

So if this is true, we can expect a decision after Tuesday and if Bob has won 4/4 then he must have a good chance. I would rather a new man come in and keep Booker for the long term as assistant.

letsparty1979

Oct 12, 2003
burgess hill unfortuntely
I have just joined up eventually and saw cant add a new suggestion as manager so i voted for Dowie as i respect what he has done at Oldham and he has never slagged off situation they are in, hasnt jumped ship 1st chance been given, that is kind of guy we really need at the moment, yet we need him signed to a contract at least 2 years, not what he is on at Oldham.
I was going to vote putting Andy Hessenthaler as manager as i saw he isnt on it, yet couldnt add him, think he would do well for us, but to be honest id be pleased if we got either Dowie, Hessenthaler, Cotterill (unless gets us playing long ball football) or even if we appointed Booker i wouldnt mind, as respect and like guy, yet not sure if man for the job, as i know was just LDV, yet we played quite boring football, i know is a win, yet was poor game, yet again on other hand, Grimsby game was dire yet in 2nd half made changes and we played better in 2nd half and won 3-0 so cant complain, id back Booker if got it, but prefer someone with experience if poss.
Gaz

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The appointment of younger managers like Ian Dowie or Steve Cotterill, none of whom I rate one little bit, would undermine the position of Bob Booker at the Albion, now that he has announced he would like the Manager's job.

This means if he wants the top job, he would have to move elsewhere.

If you want Bob Booker to stay, then the only choice would be the older manager who can pass on experience and groom Bob Booker into the post, perhaps?

Otherwise, it is a new broom and rocking the boat. OK if you are at the bottom of the table, but darn right silly if you are the top!

This knocks out lots of the suggestions.

I never understood why Hinshelwood was given the job last season. I thought it should have been Bob Booker then. I do not think BB has enough experience under top Managers in his career?

PS: I did not support Coppell all that much, because I didn't like his style of football. However, when you are bottom of the table, this is not the main priority.

Roy Hodgson reveals himself as lacking a bit on tactical nous on the telly. I was not impressed.

Joe Kinnear reminds of his hauntingly terrible play that lost a goal in an away promotion encounter at the Old Den Millwall when the ground was packed and 18,000 fans (about 50/50 Albion and Millwall) packed in a volatile atmosphere makes every mistake magnified. (This was at the peak hooligan time, so there was dose of paranoia as well.) I though that Joe Kinnear must have been bribed to throw the game at the time (and it still seems a possible explanation?)

Last edited:

Some newspapers this morning are claiming Jean Tigana has applied!.....Well, I guess Withdean does resemble Monaco's ground if you stretch the imagination, so he'd feel at home. Apart from his probable wage demands, I suspect we'd be nothing more than a stepping stone.....No thanks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here