Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's 'new' badge

Are you in favour of a return to the round badge?

• Yes

Votes: 476 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 12.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 25 4.4%

• Total voters

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
What is the plan with this campaign? Is the plan to approach the club in preparation for Falmer? The reason I ask is that it would need to be done sharpish, surely the club are already thinking about the interior and exterior and so any rebranding would need to be done asap.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I believe that going into our new stadium we need a badge we can feel proud of. Something that binds the club together and reflects our fine history. I don't think the current shield could ever do this properly, so I believe it's time for a change, a change back to our real badge, the round one.

Speaking to lots of other Albion fans, it's becoming clearer and clearer that many people would like to see a return of the much loved round badge. To those who say a roundel isn't 'modern' enough, I say to them, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Bayern Munich - some of the biggest clubs in the world have round badges, if it works for them it will definitely work for us.

I believe the refreshed round badge would be something we could all feel proud of, proud to wear and see up in lights outside Falmer.

Bellotti, Archer and Stanley are long gone... So can we now have our badge back please?

Do you agree? Please vote for either;
a) The round badge
b) The existing shield
c) Other

There is a related movie at;
http://www.youtube.com/user/albionmatt

Many thanks..

i love the round one, but you need to lose the little shitty gold bits at the bottom, what exactly are they? they look a bit like baby chickens

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Er, not keen on this new banner I'm afraid. The NSC text isn't very crisp or defined.

I like my graphics to be S H A R P

Agent_Torpor

May 1, 2009
Old banner was much better. Spacing, font and colors were all superior. This new one looks fudged together in 5 mins. With MS Paint.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
i just hope the club are willing to listen.

They'll say something like "It's only 83% in favour of the round badge so we're not changing anything".

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
The current badge doesn't look too good because the typography has a condensed and almost semi-expanded typeface together and using caps and upper/lowercase is too much of a mix - I like the round one better or the shield needs serious reworking of the type.
I loved the gull illustration, I think those eyes would make a good 'firm' T shirt.

Attachments

• white t copy.jpg
    white t copy.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 262

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
can i lend my full support to this project. to be honest, i think the shield is okay, but that badge you've done looks great and those strips awesome. make it happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here