Albion's 'new' badge

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you in favour of a return to the round badge?

• Yes

Votes: 476 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 12.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 25 4.4%

• Total voters

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
I LOVE the badge
I LOVE the kits
I LOVE the big flag
I LOVE the Gus Bus Banner
I LOVE the badge on the outside of the ground.

...all in all, 6/10 effort:wink:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This poll, effectively IS a petition, really, isn't it? I'm sure Paul C is aware of it, and will bring it to the attention of those responsible.*

*whether they'll pay any attention, is another matter entirely...

They only pay attention to us when they want letters written...or season tickets paid for.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Its annnoying as i find our recent kits going back so many years a pile of shite and boring.Maybe its because of that dire sheild:US:

Part of me is really fu$ked off as i really want that kit you designed:angry:

I miss that round badge:wink:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That's the stuff :thumbsup:

Personally I find the "Good Old Sussex By The Sea" writing a bit tacky.

The rest looks qualla though!

Oi that's our anthem your talking about? What you want instead? Glad all over?

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Let's start a petition; this really shouldn't be ken millwall browns decision but ours. Why won't the club engage with it's supporters when it comes to important decisions like this. The Albion never listens to it's fans but they'd be ducked without us. Same up and down the country, people like brown and his massive commercial ego ruin the peoples game. Why can't they just listen to us for once. This new badge, from one of our own, is 1st class and can't be bettered. So why mess around with new concepts and branding as those wanky marketers will do.

Great idea - I think a petition might actually bring it to the attention of the high and mighty. Obviously Perry is far too busy to worry about us paupers squabbling about the Club's identity(!) so maybe Brown should be targeted?

How about the Argus getting on board too? Andy, we want our badge back!!

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Mayfair Seagull your image of Falmer is how I've always thought it should be - I've long dreamt of a massive blow up of the old round badge on the outer wall as you've got it there. We really need to make this happen, the support for it is overwhelming. Get rid of that fricking shield and let's get back to the round badge. Insider are you listening?

Insider, you there??

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
Thanks for all the feedback.. really appreciated.

It's great to hear so many people agree that the round badge should be brought back.. I'll get in touch with the club again about this and see what they think.

Bloody brilliant! Just great, please do get in contact with the club.

The round badge has so much history in it, the shield is okay at best but never really warmed to it!

Regardless I will buy whatever the future Albion strips are...but bring back the round badge please!!! :clap2:

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
Love the badge!

:falmer:Great effort with the pictures, really works - do you have an inside line to someone in the know?

Ads

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I have to say, I bloody LOVE that new badge you've designed. And if we ever got those kits, I'd buy both of them. I really like the gold trim on both the badge and the shirts. I hope the club are reading this...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Round for me...

orbituk

May 6, 2010
Hertfordshire
Impressive designs!! I personally prefer the round badge, have a shirt lurking in the wardobe somewhere at home, maybe we should have a 'retro kit day' at one of the home games to show our roundness.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
just a thought ... but maybe the club don't own the rights to the design?

not sure, but if some small graphic design company from hove designed it in the late 70's they may still have the rights to it as football brand copyrighting wasn't so hot in those days.

to copy the round badge may be an infringement of some old copyright.

i know this is why fulham and wigan changed theirs.

Oct 11, 2005
London
There's no problem with the ownership rights to the round badge. Once a logo/trademark has been designed for a brand, the design agency in question surrenders any copyrights.. any retention of rights would be unworkable for the brand moving forward.

In the particular case of the Albion, there cannot be a problem as they have continued to sell lots of retro shirts in the club shop using the round badge.

I think with Wigan and Fulham there was a conflict with their local authorities as they both used traditional crests on their shirts, dating back over 100yrs.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Fantastic Mayfair, great design, love it.

Is there a chance you can do a step by step of how to convert a jpg file logo I have into a watermark so i can watermark my foto's. the only software i have is photoshop 7 and i just don't know how to do it.:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports