Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albions All Time Super Sub

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I like reading that kind of thing from that era. Most footballers' favourite food always seemed to be steak.
For the most part they weren't too dissimilar to the fans at that time.

Footballers are not the most imaginative of souls, bless 'em. It's like if you were to ask today's players 'What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destination?' guaranteed nine out of ten of them would say Dubai

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Footballers are not the most imaginative of souls, bless 'em. It's like if you were to ask today's players 'What Is Your Favourite Holiday Destination?' guaranteed nine out of ten of them would say Dubai
I don't know about the 60s but I'd guess 70s was Costa Del Sol, 80s Ibiza, 90s Ayia Napa.
Not sure after that as I lost touch, or interest, in most of them.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
My memory is kaput but Gerry Ryan always seemed to be named as the 1 man Sub in the 12 player days.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Eric Potts.

This also sprung to my mind however, looking at his Wiki page (it's quite concise!) he appeared 33 times scoring only 4 goals and 50% of those came in the match most people probably remember him for, the game against Sunderland (I think) when he did come on as a sub.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Sammy Morgan, Malcolm Poskett?

(although I admit Potts is the obvious choice because of THAT game).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Doug Loft.

Came on for last 20 mins v pathetic capitulation v Stoke City. Scored with pitiful daisy-cutter. Promptly got awarded MoM. Don't get much more super shite than that :lolol:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I like reading that kind of thing from that era. Most footballers' favourite food always seemed to be steak.
For the most part they weren't too dissimilar to the fans at that time.

Remember reading that Chris Hutchings took a pay cut from being a Brickie in the week and paid to play on a Saturday for Harrow Borough, to fully pro with Chelsea.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003

Although if interviewed today, Ivan Toney might say Brentford in an effort to rehabilitate himself amongst Bee's fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here