Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's £8m pa loss [Wake up call tomorrow for the minority of moaners.]

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It was £7.3 million.

I know it was, but it's strange that some people bury their heads in the sand and think everything is hunky dory, clearly this is a big concern to the rest of the championship.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It was more like a £7M loss , a lot of the money was spent on a team that pissed League 1 so that the first season at The Amex would be in The Championship.

£2.49 mill was spent on players that season, you lost £140,000 a week.
Ask El President

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ask El President

losing £140k a week is roughly a £7M loss. Goes to prove that if the attendances are poor a club will lose shitloads of money.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Ask El President

A loss is a loss but taking away the fact we had a stadium application,planning,appeals so on and so forth away from those losses during the years at Withdean and those losses are significantly reduced.

The current £8m loss can only be gauged next season when we have this years figures to compare

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
losing £140k a week is roughly a £7M loss. Goes to prove that if the attendances are poor a club will lose shitloads of money.

to think we had a top 6 budget in the last season at the Tree's-it was worth every penny getting up to the Championship to coincide with the move to Falmer.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
A loss is a loss but taking away the fact we had a stadium application,planning,appeals so on and so forth away from those losses during the years at Withdean and those losses are significantly reduced.

The current £8m loss can only be gauged next season when we have this years figures to compare

But surely all the costs for planning and appeals would have been paid prior to that season?
The Amex was being built during your last season at the Withdean, so any costs incurred for the stadium would have been settled .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But surely all the costs for planning and appeals would have been paid prior to that season?
The Amex was being built during your last season at the Withdean, so any costs incurred for the stadium would have been settled .

Personally i think we shall indirectly pay for our years at Withdean for at least 5 more years,even if we get 30,000 gates every week

In real terms moving from the Goldstone has probably cost us in the region of £200 million taking Mr Bloom's Amex funding into account & lost revenue's

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Planning for expansion and training ground was 2012

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think however, that the Club has indeed cocked up here, if they hope to impress Ulloa ( or any other potential signing in January or beyond) of the potential of the club, they are hardly going to do it in by fillng the papers and programs with doom and gloom stories of multi million pound debt,.... well f***ing done one and all. I bet Ulloa changes his mind now.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Personally i think we shall indirectly pay for our years at Withdean for at least 5 more years,even if we get 30,000 gates every week

In real terms moving from the Goldstone has probably cost us in the region of £200 million taking Mr Bloom's Amex funding into account & lost revenue's

If TB has paid for the stadium with an interest free loan, would that not include all the additional costs that were incurred ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

There were upgrades to hospitality suites and lounges shortly before the stadium opened , additional building works to put in another 7,000 seats once planning permission was granted have to factored in to either last season or this season's accounts.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If TB has paid for the stadium with an interest free loan, would that not include all the additional costs that were incurred ?

The stadium cost £67m to build,but the extent to his funding is now approaching £130m -£140m the stadium cannot exist without the extras,so whilst it's true to say it's a £100m stadium,it only (only that's a understatement) is in real terms a £67m building..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

He has given the club an interest free loan from his personal fortune.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think however, that the Club has indeed cocked up here, if they hope to impress Ulloa ( or any other potential signing in January or beyond) of the potential of the club, they are hardly going to do it in by fillng the papers and programs with doom and gloom stories of multi million pound debt,.... well f***ing done one and all. I bet Ulloa changes his mind now.

You either want transparency or you don't. Lack of transparency nearly ended in the club going under.

The motivation behind these "stories" are not doom and gloom - it is giving the supporters of the club the up to date financial information and helps sensible supporters see what is behind some of the things happening at the club. If that is a cock up, then so be it. I would rather they did that than not tell supporters anything. But if you want the club to lie to you, that is up to you.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You either want transparency or you don't. Lack of transparency nearly ended in the club going under.

The motivation behind these "stories" are not doom and gloom - it is giving the supporters of the club the up to date financial information and helps sensible supporters see what is behind some of the things happening at the club. If that is a cock up, then so be it. I would rather they did that than not tell supporters anything. But if you want the club to lie to you, that is up to you.
Dont be pedantic mate, you know full well I was referring to the timing of it, why wouldnt you wait until the 31st of the month before releasing this information?..... this would seem a sensible option, do you agree?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
He has given the club an interest free loan from his personal fortune.

I'll repeat myself, would all the additional costs incurred during the building process be included in the interest free loan, and not passed on to the clubs actual turnover ?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Dont be pedantic mate, you know full well I was referring to the timing of it, why wouldnt you wait until the 31st of the month before releasing this information?..... this would seem a sensible option, do you agree?

No, I don't.

I very much doubt that the club losing 8m a year is going to make any difference to any players that sign. All they want to know is that the wages are going to be paid, which they will be. The set-up of the club, the manager, the other players, the ambition of the club etc are far more important, I would say. And the fact that we are aware of the issues and are going to do something about them is pretty important too.

If you have not listened to the Paul Barber interview on Albion Roar, do so. It is very interesting (does not answer everything, but is interesting none the less).

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think until we can compare last seasons accounts with this season,we should not be worrying too much,if revenue was £12m in the last season at Withdean,then The Amex revenues can be expected to be 3 to 5 times that figure or more...

I would imagine that the powers that be are actually happy that the £8m is not far more.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think until we can compare last seasons accounts with this season,we should not be worrying too much,if revenue was £12m in the last season at Withdean,then The Amex revenues can be expected to be 3 to 5 times that figure or more...

I would imagine that the powers that be are actually happy that the £8m is not far more.

I'm sure they're over the moon !

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Calm down!!! 8 million is peanuts in today's business world...it's not a multi million pound debt or anything close to that.

Man united are £500 million in debt and that doesn't stop them from signing players!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here