Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's £8m pa loss [Wake up call tomorrow for the minority of moaners.]

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
probably not as we would be the same if someone is willing to pay you alot to do something your not going to turn round and say no thanks i'll take less than that

Dec 29, 2011
This is clearly all about an upcoming hike in ST prices...

So I assume if we can expect higher ST prices when the club is making a loss, we can also expect ST prices to fall when we're making a profit (when we're in the Premier League). Yeah, right! It'll be higher ST prices when we make a loss and higher ST price when we make a profit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be fair some say you do pay back the debt on the stadium some say you don't , and that your own fans
I tend to think he will want his money back one day
Interest free will still be around a million a month

I've seen just ONE fan who keeps posting that we're paying back the stadium money so don't use him as an example.

Dec 29, 2011
You are tedious El Pres. You don't need a financial degree to understand how loans work and how TB will be losing massive amounts of money every month until that loan has been repaid.

To put it into perspective, the property company TB runs in Brighton turns over around £8m a year, but with a profit of £2m - To suggest that the guy is just letting the Albion keep £125m for now is ludicrous, I'm sorry.

f***ing hell, El Pres is getting tedious?! You're like a broken record and you can't even read and digest basic facts that you are being told. El Pres is repeating his point because you keep ignoring it and spouting shit. You're obviously just trolling because about a hundred people have told you loan repayments don't count towards profit or loss.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Who owns the ground the Stadium sit's on?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You are tedious El Pres. You don't need a financial degree to understand how loans work and how TB will be losing massive amounts of money on it every month until that loan has been repaid.

To put it into perspective, the property company TB runs in Brighton turns over around £8m a year, but with a profit of "only" £2m - To suggest that the guy is just letting the Albion keep £125m for now is ludicrous, I'm sorry.

What part of both Tony Bloom saying the loan is not repayable until 2023 at earliest and is likely to be converted into equity do you not understand?

Furthermore, I agree that you don't need a financial degree to understand how a loan works, but you are either spectacularly thick or just trolling.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Brighton & Hove Council who have leased it to the Albion.

Yes and as i understand it for best part of 125 years? so any palace that come on here can claim they own their site like we did with the Goldstone,but that length of lease is basically owning it anyway

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The one big advantage palace have they now own there ground with out a penny to pay on it
Brightons stadium is nice but it must be costing a million pounds a month to pay back the debt on it
Plus our gem the academe is producing 3-4 future stars a year , Brightons is still a field in lancing with a joke cost of 25 million to build

So do you have anything intelligent to add?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The key is that we remain in the parameters of The scheme and TB says that we are. It is also important that the academy is built ASAP. The future is to bring young players on and if need be sale them at a profit. All it takes is to have a player that you can sale for 8 million and you are near break even. I have a feeling that Buckley could go in the summer. I would rather stay in this league and be competitive then pay the price for premiership football.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I suspect that one of the things that will emerge once the new rules on football finances kick in is that Championship football as a whole is unsustainable. What happens then?

This is the moment the chickens come home to roost, following the conspiracy perpetrated by the big clubs who dreamt up the Premier League plan to concentrate all the wealth in their own pockets.

I would imagine that average wages will drop, the only reason they are so high at the moment is clubs are prepared to lose money to pay them so if the clubs have to adhere to the FFP rules, they will have less the spend on wages meaning that if players want to work, they will have to accept far less money in future.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The one big advantage palace have they now own there ground with out a penny to pay on it

Exactly , CPFC2010 are ignoring the fact they need to spend money to stop Smellhurst falling down. Repair and maintenance costs on a new stadium will be cheaper than cowboy repairs to patch up a ground that would be considered a joke in the Conference.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I don't understand how our wages can be under such tight control in comparison to the division, and still make that much of a loss. The running costs for the stadium must be astronomical if on our turnover we're still losing that much, and you have to ask (a) what simpleton budgeted for 15k crowds as a break-even figure, and (b) how ANY club manages to survive day-to-day given many in the division are surviving on 10k a week less fans through the gate and yet paying higher wages, in more dilapadated stadiums. I wonder whether the transport levy comes into it, and whether the club has been lobbing money at Southern/B&H Buses?

When the figures are properly published perhaps some accountant-y types might like to shed light on what it actually means - at the moment we only have a figure of 8m and a lot of people claiming different causes with little or no explanation/justification.

The only thing that's mad is that statement. If we don't produce youth players long term (cheaper) we'll have to keep going out and spending transfer fees and big wages on senior players, season-on-season. The academy is the best thing that's happening at the club right now, whether we finish 1st or 24th in this division, it is absolutely vital for our long-term health.

How many other clubs in the division still have new stadiums that they have to right off on their balance sheets through depreciation? not many i would guess so that's likely to skew the figures compared to other clubs. How many have to finance travel for supporters?

There are plenty of other Championship clubs with debt issues, Bolton for one and it shows you that even getting to the premier league doesn't necessarily bring you financial stability especially as wages in that division are far more unrealistic than in the Championship.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Mustafa. Please do some research. It won't take much for you to establish the fact that TB has leant the money interest free and is not asking for any repayment AT ALL until 2023. At that point he still has the option to take repayment in shares rather than funds. This is fact and contractually agreed with the club. The losses are nothing to do with loan repayments they are everything to do with the very high cost of moving to Falmer, massive running costs (including subsidising travel) and players wages.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Mustafa. Please do some research. It won't take much for you to establish the fact that TB has leant the money interest free and is not asking for any repayment AT ALL until 2023. At that point he still has the option to take repayment in shares rather than funds. This is fact and contractually agreed with the club. The losses are nothing to do with loan repayments they are everything to do with the very high cost of moving to Falmer, massive running costs (including subsidising travel) and players wages.

I agree with the massive running costs at the new stadium, but didn't you lose the same amount of money the season before at the Withdean ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I agree with the massive running costs at the new stadium, but didn't you lose the same amount of money the season before at the Withdean ?

more like £2m

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You sure about that ?

It was more like a £7M loss , a lot of the money was spent on a team that pissed League 1 so that the first season at The Amex would be in The Championship.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You sure about that ?

for the last season it was far more averaging out every year at withdean £2m if my memory is correct

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here