Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Saints - atmosphere

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9617329 said:
It will fell a bit like being back at Withdean again, perhaps we can rework some of the old classic.

Oh Chris McPhee, Oh Chris Mc Pheee.... right time of year also.

Did we really have a chant for him?!

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Talking of chants maybe this is a good time to get some chants going for the players who don't have them. We have chants for Matty, Dunk, Biss and Solly. Have I missed anyone? It's always slightly pissed me off that several of our players don't have chants. So how about chants for White, Webster/Veltman, Lamptey, Gross ( whats that continental chant Gross dum de dum Gross dum de dum Gross, someone will know) Connely, Welbeck and Trossard (depending on Potters sac magic). Or am I completely pissing in the wind?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9617353 said:
To the tune of Oh Christmas Tree.

Oh Chris McPhee, Oh Chris Mc Phee, Oh won't you score a goal for me..... :clap2:

Fixed that for you.

I like lad the version with ‘you must be shagging Mark McGhee’ after he kept picking him :lol:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Talking of chants maybe this is a good time to get some chants going for the players who don't have them. We have chants for Matty, Dunk, Biss and Solly. Have I missed anyone? It's always slightly pissed me off that several of our players don't have chants. So how about chants for White, Webster/Veltman, Lamptey, Gross ( whats that continental chant Gross dum de dum Gross dum de dum Gross, someone will know) Connely, Welbeck and Trossard (depending on Potters sac magic). Or am I completely pissing in the wind?

Something along the lines of : Oh Ben White, he played for Leeds, he played for Leeds you know, he played for Leeds (ad infinitum)

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9617353 said:
To the tune of Oh Christmas Tree.

Oh Chris McPhee, Oh Chris Mc Phee, Oh won't you score a goal for me..... :clap2:

Could work with Tariq Lamptey :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Something along the lines of : Oh Ben White, he played for Leeds, he played for Leeds you know, he played for Leeds (ad infinitum)

‘Number three Ben White’ was the chant last used in deference to his time at the Champions of Europe..........

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
NSC - “HELP”...!!!!

I think I read this morning on the BBC Sport website that “excessive singing and chanting” has been regulated against by the EPL ahead of the fans’ return to grounds...

I can’t see it mentioned on NSC.

And now I can’t find it on BBC.

Did I dream it?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
NSC - “HELP”...!!!!

I think I read this morning on the BBC Sport website that “excessive singing and chanting” has been regulated against by the EPL ahead of the fans’ return to grounds...

Did I dream it?

I just read similar on SkySports website. Can’t see a face mask stopping people singing, hope not anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
NSC - “HELP”...!!!!

Did I dream it?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-leagues-250million-efl-bailout-23111799 Not quite 'regulated': The Premier League stepped in after EFL clubs warned they would go bust because of the lack of fans with supporters now beginning to return under strict guidelines and according to the local Tier system.

However, clubs will order fans to sign a Code of Conduct agreement while the Premier League will urge fans to wear face masks at all times even when outside and tell them not to indulge in “excessive” singing and chanting.

The hope is that if clubs can prove they can get fans back in limited numbers and it goes well then they will begin to increase levels early next year, especially with the vaccine now due to be rolled out from next week.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I just read similar on SkySports website. Can’t see a face mask stopping people singing, hope not anyway.
Yes, and I've found it now on BBC (so I didn't dream it). Surprised its not getting more comment on here - is NSC traffic/posting frequency generally low at the moment?

West Ham have issued a 23 point Code of Conduct for their fans which does not mention it.

p.s. Has there been a definitive statement from Barber about whether we'll be able to buy a pint of Harveys in the NS Concourse? Regulations say "seated only" so I guess not.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, and I've found it now on BBC (so I didn't dream it). Surprised its not getting more comment on here - is NSC traffic/posting frequency generally low at the moment?

West Ham have issued a 23 point Code of Conduct for their fans which does not mention it.

p.s. Has there been a definitive statement from Barber about whether we'll be able to buy a pint of Harveys in the NS Concourse? Regulations say "seated only" so I guess not.

Website hasn’t been updated yet, still shows :

Food and drink will be available to buy on the concourse, but we are awaiting further guidance on the sale of alcohol. We would remind supporters social distancing must be observed in the concourse areas.

It’s been reported in the press that alcohol can be served without a ‘substantial meal’ at football matches but you need to be seated (so they would need to put seats in the concourse as drinking in view of the pitch hasn’t been approved).

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...be-allowed-alcohol-without-a-meal-in-stadiums

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
NSC - “HELP”...!!!!

Did I dream it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55180417

"Fans attending Premier League matches will have to wear a face covering at all times to protect against Covid-19 transmission and will be asked not to sing or chant excessively."

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting to note West Ham will allow household members to sit together, but the Albion don't...

"Fans from the same household will be permitted to sit together but others will be spread out to comply with social distancing."

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Interesting to note West Ham will allow household members to sit together, but the Albion don't...

"Fans from the same household will be permitted to sit together but others will be spread out to comply with social distancing."

..... therefore making it nigh impossible to steward the safe distancing.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I assume we can stand?

I know it's normally a no no in the East stand, but assumed this won't be the case on Monday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here