Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Man City, FA Youth Cup 4th Round. Live on Youtube 2pm TODAY.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Good result that . . .no shortage of extra time at the end!

Well, they have to do EVERYTHING they can to ensure the likes of United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal progress don't they?

Great win for our kids. City had the better players but we defended well but never dropped back to protect our lead. Deserved to win.

Kavanagh looks like a young version of Dunk.

Next round (5h) v Charlton or Accrington Stanley!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Happy days! Seeing any Albion team win is good by me. :thumbsup:

Great that the club streamed it as I always enjoy seeing the youngsters playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was great to watch. A little disappointing for the lads involved though that it was played at Lancing. But for the rearrangement of the Chelsea game (because of the sodding 'Club World Cup'), it would presumably have been played under lights at the Amex, as ties in the FAYC should be.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
It was only a couple of weeks ago we lost 6 nil to man city in the league.brilliant result

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great win for our kids. City had the better players but we defended well but never dropped back to protect our lead. Deserved to win.

Kavanagh looks like a young version of Dunk.

Next round (5h) v Charlton or Accrington Stanley!

Yes, Kavanagh had a good game, as did all the back four (well, all of them frankly).

As per earlier in the thread, we signed Leigh Kavanagh in a double SWOOP, from the Seagulls (Bray Wanderers). Good day's business that, for Jon Morling.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...duo-as-brighton-deals-confirmed-39349423.html

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shame the lad Dicker didn't get a run out, I like the cut of his jib.

Maybe he's being promoted into the big boys team, tonight.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well done those lads - fine displlay of defending. Sometimes desperate defending, but still good! I realise Manchester City are a strong, fast and all-round excellent team who would push most sides back, so it's difficult to make generalisations from today - but our youth teams (certainly the U23s a lot of the time) do still seem to be more Hughton-esque than the first team - default position camed out close to our penalty area and hope to snatch something on the break.

Wonder if it's an age thing - it's asking too much of young players to play Potterball, or is it just taking time to filter down? Anyway, whatever the system, great work this afternoon boys - same again this evening, first team, please (although if you can, please contrive to be two up so the last few minutes aren't quite so nerve-wracking)!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't be stupid. The FAYC is an U18 competition. Dicker is an U23...
Can't they have 3 slightly older players?
Poor Gary.

As an aside I bet there weren't too many Gary's in his class at school (even less in home learning)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fourth Round results / fixtures:

Cheltenham 1- 3 Blackpool
Blackburn 3-0 Stoke
Bournemouth 2-0 QPR
Watford 2-3 Chelsea
Reading 1-3 Man United
Everton 2-1 Sheff United
Leicester 1-0 Crewe
Palace 1-1 Wolves (Wolves win on penalties)
Newcastle 3-2 Colchester
Brighton 1-0 Man City :clap2:

Tonight:
Accrington v Charlton
Peterborough v Forest
Liverpool v Burnley
Wednesday v Preston

Tomorrow:
Cambridge v Leeds

Friday:
Spurs v West Brom

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Should have done some jobs but enjoyed that. Will now follow us until final. Would be good to have next round at Amex Assume if we beat City albeit a little fortunate and drew last week with Chelsea we now have a good chance.
Can somebody tell me if we had our strongest team out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Should have done some jobs but enjoyed that. Will now follow us until final. Would be good to have next round at Amex Assume if we beat City albeit a little fortunate and drew last week with Chelsea we now have a good chance.
Can somebody tell me if we had our strongest team out.

Our strongest side would absolutely include Evan Ferguson, who is currently busy with the senior team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here