Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion tour in USA

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I remember that match. Dunk had an issue with the keeper's gloves fitting his hands. He really never felt comfortable with the gloves. That is a lesson for all 3rd string goalkeepers in pro football. Make sure there are goalkeeper's gloves on hand that fit your hands in case you are called upon to play gk.
Yep, they more or less had a free kick straight away with shooting distance and did not even test him, strange.

Jake_Tuff

Jan 31, 2012
Are you a weird culty obsessive like all their fans seem to be?

[Bit of background since that might come across as a bit aggressive otherwise, one of my best friends is a Sea Power fan, and I've somehow gone to about 4 of their gigs with her without ever being into them. I always feel like everybody else there is at a completely different, much better gig].
weird probably, wouldnt consider myself culty or obsessive though. my friends most likely have a different opinion.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The "Stateside Seagulls" (who are now recognised as an Official Supporters' Club by the Albion) have just sent out an e-mail in which they state:

"We are currently working with the club on planning events and meet-ups in Philadelphia, Atlanta, and New Jersey for each match."

I have no idea what that may entail.
The Stateside Seagulls have now sent further details which include pre-game meet-ups and an open training session at Rutgers University.

I'm pretty surprised the club haven't communicated this on a wider basis because presumaby there will be fans travelling from the UK who would be interested in these events?

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
The Stateside Seagulls have now sent further details which include pre-game meet-ups and an open training session at Rutgers University.

I'm pretty surprised the club haven't communicated this on a wider basis because presumaby there will be fans travelling from the UK who would be interested in these events?
Can you link to this? I'm going to the New Jersey game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not sure if this has been mentioned, I can't be arsed to read the thread. But all of our USA games this month are on SKY.

Sunday 23rd 00:00 v Chelsea (Philadelphia)
Wednesday 26th 22:30 v Brentford (Atlanta)
Saturday 29th 00:30 v Newcastle (New Jersey)

Best get the popcorn in and get ready for some late ones...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Can you link to this? I'm going to the New Jersey game.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Slightly frustrating that the open training session is in NJ on the Monday, as am travelling from Philly to Atlanta that day for the game there.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC

Only just saw this, and glad I did. Registered for the Xfinity live pre-game shenanigans on the 22nd. Didn’t receive a confirmation of any sort, but assuming it’s all okay!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Slightly frustrating that the open training session is in NJ on the Monday, as am travelling from Philly to Atlanta that day for the game there.
Yep, I'll be in Philly too, flying to Atlanta on the Tuesday.

Nobody can accuse the club of being overly communicative about the details surrounding this trip. :facepalm:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well this is what I mean. There's basically liking Sea Power, and there's "being into" Sea Power.
It's like an unusually harmless cult.
I saw Pixies at a festival in Denmark in 2014. Similar feeling.

It was clearly a life-changing experience for the majority of the crowd, screaming along with every word like their lives depended on it.

For me, it was a fairly decent gig. 7.5/10.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I saw Pixies at a festival in Denmark in 2014. Similar feeling.

It was clearly a life-changing experience for the majority of the crowd, screaming along with every word like their lives depended on it.

For me, it was a fairly decent gig. 7.5/10.
I've had similar feelings on the two occasions I've seen Black Country New Road.
They're fine. But they don't particularly impress me and I don't feel the sense of catharsis that seems to be occupying everybody else there.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yep, I'll be in Philly too, flying to Atlanta on the Tuesday.

Nobody can accuse the club of being overly communicative about the details surrounding this trip. :facepalm:

Which airline? If Southwest Airlines you can switch flights easily without a penalty. You might have to pay a difference in price but no penalty fees for changing.

Southwest Airlines has a non-stop from Philadelphia to Atlanta leaving at 4:50 p.m. on a daily basis. US$265.

Screenshot_20230717-085059.png

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here