Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Roar - 18/04/15 with guest Paul Barber

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Could he change his Outlook automatic reply from, "Thanks for your email. I am currently travelling on business with limited access to email, but will reply upon my return" to "Barber OUT."

Or maybe make it his closing email remark:

"Many thanks for your email and your continued support"

Barber OUT

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
any more?

Only just seen this, and many thanks.
1, after promotion to the Championship, and steady improvement thereafter, this season has seen a marked plummet. Do you agree with this analysis, and please provide a detailed response as to the reasons behind it.
2, how would you assess the performance of loanees, and B&HA's use of them. Would you want to differentiate between long-term (i.e. season-long) loans and short-term ones? Will we continue to be so heavily reliant on the loan market in the seasons ahead?
3, what is the one area on the pitch that you think needs improvement?
4, how should we view the Academy structure, and its ability to develop first-team squad players? What is a reasonable timescale in terms of such development?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
2) are we seriously paying a higher wage bill for this seasons shower?

This. Plus, given the amendments to FFP thresholds will the playing budget be increased accordingly next season?
Also, theoretical question - one player on £40k per week or four players on £10k per week, what would his choice be if recruiting for next season?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Oscar, what went wrong there?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Oscar, what went wrong there?

To which you could add:

Gus, what went wrong there.

And we have two years of happiness with Gus, then you joined Paul, since then no manager has lasted more than a season. Any connection or just bad luck?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Ask him to comment on..We have only conceeded 50 goals in the league this season,the ninth lowest in the League...However our Goals scored at 43 is where we have failed...To get anywhere near the playoffs we need a twenty plus goalscorer and perhaps a couple on ten plus....Our top League goalscorer is Texeira with six and Dunk with Five...None of our Forwards seem capable of scoring..are there plans afoot to remedy this?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Poyet set out a template for all of our teams (youth through to first team) to follow, " we are Brighton, we only play one way" was his mantra. That idea was carried on by Oscar during his stint. Are we still following that philosophy under Hughton or are we taking a different route these days. Has the threat of relegation stifled our ideals?

Also how are the figures stacking up this year? has the Ulloa, Buckley, Bridcutt, Barnes windfall improved our position or are we likely to be selling off more of the 'family silver' over the summer ( Ince, Kayal, Walton for example).

Finally, and probably most importantly, where did you get that fantastic mustard coloured jumper?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
any more?

Does he realise that if he doesn't win the remf game , I am a better manager than him and he should be ashamed?

.....and as it doesn't look like I am doing the pa, I will be sat on the palace bench booooooooing him...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Please please please ask;

"Have the club signed any players on loan agreements, which include clauses dictating that the player HAS to be afforded a set amount of playing time"?

Please.

This has been asked and answered before and its a bit of a yes and no answer. In summary we have never had a loan where it is written in that the player must play x number of games however we have had loans where it is written that if the player does not play in x games then we have to play more of the player salary.

So taking into account the FFP obsession it amounts to the same thing.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Kemy.
WHY?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here