Albion kit over the ages

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I remember having a replica kit in the 70s, but wore it to play football in the park and garden in. Most kids in my school did the same. I don't remember many adults wearing replica shirts to the match back then.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I had a bukta shirt as a kit in the late 70's but I seem to remember that the sports shops would sell you the basic Bukta shirt and you would then buy the badge to sew onto it from the club. It was only when shirt sponsorship came along in the 80's that replica kits really started selling as sponsors saw it as a way of advertising their product.

The main bit of club wear I had back then was the terry-towelling hooded-top which I wore whenever and wherever I could. Always reminds me of Eric Potts as he always seemed to be sub in those days.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Brighton first sold Brighton replicas from 77 when the Bukta kit with the Badge came out. Prior to that I am pretty certain you could buy the (previous) plain Bukta shirt from local shops which was the same as the one the club wore (no badge I'n those days).

I have reasonably large sacks of cash for Anyone who has any pre 77 Albion shirts, and also for any away shirts '77 - '87. :thumbsup:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
The main bit of club wear I had back then was the terry-towelling hooded-top which I wore whenever and wherever I could. Always reminds me of Eric Potts as he always seemed to be sub in those days.

Was it blue with the word Seagulls on the back?

If so I had one, I slept in it sometimes and it had to be physically taken from me to be washed!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

If so I had one, I slept in it sometimes and it had to be physically taken from me to be washed!

That's the one! Had the bukta logo running down the sleeves as well.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003

Same here. When my original one got worn out (they weren't made from very thick material) I had to beg my parents to buy me another one.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Has anyone still got their 'Seagulls' bukta hoodie?

There was a time about a year ago, after seeing them on Big Match Revisited, when I want to make one.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

There was a time about a year ago, after seeing them on Big Match Revisited, when I want to make one.

Surely a massive opportunity for the club, what with hoodies in fashion now (?!?!)

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
The Adidas Cup Final tracksuit has always been something I have lusted over. Have they ever been available? Anyone got one?

a406b709-961a-403d-b3c9-e9f3db6c1441.jpg

I must admit i don't actually recall them, or replica shirts, being sold at the club shop at the Goldsone in the seventies.

The Adidas Cup Final tracksuit has always been something I have lusted over. Have they ever been available? Anyone got one?

a406b709-961a-403d-b3c9-e9f3db6c1441.jpg

Decent replica version available NOW from the club shop - Should have white cuffs and a third stripe (to that stripe would be copyright infringement) really but never did a Cup Final tracksuit -- in fact this the first time I even recall us doing a CUP FINAL only replica shirt. Which you can't get now!
001.jpg
Can be yours for £34.99

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports