Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion kit over the ages

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This is interesting - when I saw the Bukta one I immediately thought of Peter Ward "he could turn on a sixpence"

Brighton Hove Albion - Historical Football Kits
When I saw the [insert year/type] one I immediately thought of [insert player]....

Which player does your mind fill those shirts with?

quick 3 from me

Bukta - Teddy Maybank (for some reason)
85-86 - Danny Wilson
87-88 - Garry Nelson

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm sorry. I know the lynch mob will kick in but I really don't rate the current kit. Those narrower white stripes are just a little too close to pyjamas. Looking just a little way back, the sky blue stripes that ended just above the waist were a lemon too.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I would quite like to see a photo of the black socks with the blue and white tops, I think that looks pretty good. I prefer the blue, white or blue and white of more recent times though.

when I see this
football_shirt_3_1_500x400x0.jpg

I think of Colin Pates

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
91-93 Steve Foster
04-06 The ginger prince

could one of our older posters tell me when buying replica shirts became part of football?

late 80s early 90s. Look at crowd shots in the 70s and 80s and there are very few replica shirts but late 80s and early 90s were when they really took off

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Clive Walker.

A flash down the wing in his "go faster" stripey shorts!

altho this a European Cup winner playing in them. Can yer guess who it is?
brighton-hove-albion-stefan-iovan-364-proset-1991-1992-football-trading-card-20491-p[ekm]214x300[ekm].jpg

Stefan Iovan....playing against John Aldridge and Tranmere Rovers. Think they beat us 2-nil....

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
late 80s early 90s. Look at crowd shots in the 70s and 80s and there are very few replica shirts but late 80s and early 90s were when they really took off

I wore my bukta kit virtually every day in the late 70s - I was about 8 at the time. I wasn't alone. So replica shirts took off in the late 70s I'd say.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I'm sorry. I know the lynch mob will kick in but I really don't rate the current kit. Those narrower white stripes are just a little too close to pyjamas. Looking just a little way back, the sky blue stripes that ended just above the waist were a lemon too.

Pyjamas?? Jim, you don't wear pyjamas, do you? Come on, fess up!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I also remember being able to get hold of the stripe home kit and all yellow away kit in the late 70's.

Rmember wearing the yellow shorts for school PE, didn't realise everyone could see my bright coloured pants through the yellow shorts.
Went Commando ever since!!!!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
bha mock.gif

How about this as a quick photoshop jobby?

The 1971/72 base, with 80-83 collar, round badge, ITFirst sponsor and Bukta sponsorship a la 77/78...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here