Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion home shirts

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'll never buy a shirt with a sponsor panel on it. Never. It looks tacky, cheap and rubbish. .

Not sure what you mean, I was referring to striped shirts that have a section for a sponsors logo imprinted into the fabric, like most of our Errea striped shirts did, at lease that way, on a Nike shirt, we could just have the sponsor logo heat pressed on like the current away shirts do.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The shirt last year was good, apart from the bloody stick on panel. Time to tell Nike to do one as they refuse to make a shirt incorporating the logo. Adidas next year please :)

Won't happen I'm afraid. I think you will find that we are stuck with Nike for a few seasons yet.

It could be a lot worse, if we had signed with Macron for example.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Won't happen I'm afraid. I think you will find that we are stuck with Nike for a few seasons yet.

It could be a lot worse, if we had signed with Macron for example.

I fear you are right regarding Nike, could be quite a few more years.

Don't agree regarding Macron though, they make some decent kits (of course some rubbish ones too) but they at least would put in the effort to design us something bespoke, and with a panel in the stripes for the sponsor. Sadly they don't come laden with van-fulls of state of the art boots, trainers, training kit, monitoring gear etc.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Never mind the sponsorship panel - for now.

I just wish clubs could revert to numbers 1 - 11 and no player names on the backs of shirts. It was beautifully simple, it worked and it didn't make the back of football shirts look like a complete abomination.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Whereas I bloody loved Barnsley's socks. Brilliantly old-school.

I much prefer this season's home kit to the previous incarnation, though that doesn't mean I like (a) the stick-on patch or the plain back. Newcastle have striped backs on their (Puma) shirts, I notice, so it's clearly not a TV rules thing. I know numbers are hard to read from a distance on stripes, which makes Newcastle's even more of a big decision, given how high up many of their fans sit.

Given the choice, I wouldn't pick Nike to do the kits, and have said that all along. adidas are reasonable, though you'd get an identical shirt template to somebody like Brentford. I've rarely seen a Kappa shirt I didn't like, though I also appreciate that the fuller figured amongst the support may disagree with me :)

Sorry Edna, very rare I disagree, but Kappa and Macron, are a big no no for me.

Jul 7, 2003
It's not as bad as when we had the shorts with stripes. Then it did look more like a Tesco bag

It's a shame that the overall kit was ruined by the shorts. If you look at the home TSB shirt on its own, it is one of my favourite home shirts of all time. Nice broad stripes, the different but complimentary design on the sleeve - it is a classic.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Have a look at RCD Espanyol's shirts though - was there last week and thought they look great. Team are rubbish though.

Iron on shirt sponsors?

image.jpeg. image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not sure what you mean, I was referring to striped shirts that have a section for a sponsors logo imprinted into the fabric, like most of our Errea striped shirts did, at lease that way, on a Nike shirt, we could just have the sponsor logo heat pressed on like the current away shirts do.

I think it's pretty clear that I was referring to the ridiculous iron on transfer.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's a shame that the overall kit was ruined by the shorts. If you look at the home TSB shirt on its own, it is one of my favourite home shirts of all time. Nice broad stripes, the different but complimentary design on the sleeve - it is a classic.

I still have that one....good shirt.....think it has 2 pin stripes either side of each stripe(from memory).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I fear you are right regarding Nike, could be quite a few more years.

Don't agree regarding Macron though, they make some decent kits (of course some rubbish ones too) but they at least would put in the effort to design us something bespoke, and with a panel in the stripes for the sponsor. Sadly they don't come laden with van-fulls of state of the art boots, trainers, training kit, monitoring gear etc.

Unfortunately I fear thats the very same problem our old muckers Errea had, we were with them for so many years. They also don't manufacture all the ancillary products that the 'big boys', Nike, Puma, and Adidas do.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's pretty clear that I was referring to the ridiculous iron on transfer.

You said you'd never buy one with an iron on transfer, yet the shirt you said you are wearing at the moment, the 08/09 shirt, has, er, an iron-on sponsor logo :shrug:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Last years home and away shirts were IMO the best we have had. Do not like the new home kit this season, although the away kit is quite cool.

Agreed on all counts.

Home is bloody awful. Away kit is okay, but last seasons Volt was much much better.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And don't get me started on the red thing.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Am i the only one who is completely unbothered about what the design of football shirts we wear ???
I'm struggling to find a reason to care or to see why others do. I know horse for course different strokes etc but really can't get it.
Why does it matter?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
And don't get me started on the red thing.

As a shirt? perhaps not but as a kit with white shorts,for some reason i like it,but like you like Volt very much.

Jul 7, 2003
Yes indeed. Probably my all time fave too. I also still have mine, AND somewhat incredibly, it still fits!

Mine is a little too big....for my son. Stopped fitting me years ago and will take some serious dieting to get anywhere close now.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Am i the only one who is completely unbothered about what the design of football shirts we wear ???
I'm struggling to find a reason to care or to see why others do. I know horse for course different strokes etc but really can't get it.
Why does it matter?

Some of us like buying football shirts but don't like shitty designs. Pretty simple.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why does it matter?

You're not the only one. I don't give a damn about the design. It's a BHA shirt and if I can afford them I buy them. I think the volt away shirt last year and the two this year are very comfortable to wear.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
For some people it's not important, however, getting Nike was important to the club, I guess the ancillary stuff that came with the deal made it worth their while, I doubt many people will be sad to see them go, whenever that will be.

Especially when they charge fifty notes for a rain jacket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here