Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion confirm 91 per cent season ticket renewal rate

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Looks like we'll have our first drop in season ticket numbers then for a few years. Not a surprise though as the football hasn't really been up to expectations this season, barring something of an 8-match blinder now

Will we be playing 47 league games this season then? Excellent! Who is the additional match against?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Probably worth pointing out in fairly strong terms that this obsession with ST numbers is a fairly recent thing.

Non-JCLs may recall that during the Withdean years there was a period when you had to (yes, seriously) enter a ballot for a one-off match ticket. and there were staff in the ticket office employed solely to return cheques of people wanting tickets in a Stamped Adressed Envelopes with a bit of paper stating along the lines of 'we are sorry that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful in the ballot'. Witnessed it once for myself at the club shop, all these people employed by the Albion - through necessity - to turn away money. Absolutely shocking.

Last edited:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Two of 9% here,stuck with the Albion for 43 years,season ticket holder during the Gillingham exile but not enjoying alot about this new customer era and the eternal queues that make up the falmer experience,looks like a few away games each season instead of two s/t's:moo: PS FANS ZONE REALLY BUGS ME:ffsparr:

Lightweight, bet if we were top the queue issue would melt away

Maybe, maybe not, but it won't be too far out either way, so there is certainly no crisis or vote against the football we've witnessed this season. We've lost 2,000 people, but there will be some whose circumstances now allow them to have a season ticket and others who, for whatever reason, simply fancy buying one for the first time. If we were on 22,500 this season, I'd wager that it will be just a few hundred different next year.

But wasnt the renewal rate much higher last season?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If we could play all our away games at the Amex we might sell more season tickets. Someone needed to say it.

Yes, I'm bored. Sorry.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
If we were relegated i would renew!???

You reveal a lot about yourself here, rev. You've clearly been a big fan for a long time and deserve respect for it, but the way you come across on here is that you'd rather the club was playing in front of smaller crowds on your terms. Seems a little petty. The fact is football is a completely different ball game now (I don't particularly prefer it), but what we get at The Amex is pretty good by modern football standards. It's easy enough to avoid the little things you don't like, e.g. 'fanzone'. As with anything in life if you look for the downsides of something you'll find them - it's all about what you make of it.

Shame you're not renewing, but at least you're sticking to your guns with your decision.

You reveal a lot about yourself here, rev. You've clearly been a big fan for a long time and deserve respect for it, but the way you come across on here is that you'd rather the club was playing in front of smaller crowds on your terms. Seems a little petty. The fact is football is a completely different ball game now (I don't particularly prefer it), but what we get at The Amex is pretty good by modern football standards. It's easy enough to avoid the little things you don't like, e.g. 'fanzone'. As with anything in life if you look for the downsides of something you'll find them - it's all about what you make of it.

Shame you're not renewing, but at least you're sticking to your guns with your decision.

Really enjoyed the view from the esu,football never an issue, pretty irrelevant tbh Just finding the rest of the package so far removed from what got me hooked in the first place,surrounded by people that come out happy as Larry after a poor performance whilst checking the phones for premier scores,promotion would only increase the negatives for me. Paying £1,000 a season for such a sterile product is hard to take. Hope to see a few away games plus plenty of non league games and of course a few games on sky!:mad: Just wondering if people had to renew at the end of the season would we be talking 20% drop????

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Have obviously renewed, and would do if we were in League 2 (or worse) but would hope for a tad more enterprise as was demonstrated at Blackburn. See Oscar me ole mukka, it DOES work.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Really enjoyed the view from the esu,football never an issue, pretty irrelevant tbh Just finding the rest of the package so far removed from what got me hooked in the first place,surrounded by people that come out happy as Larry after a poor performance whilst checking the phones for premier scores,promotion would only increase the negatives for me. Paying £1,000 a season for such a sterile product is hard to take. Hope to see a few away games plus plenty of non league games and of course a few games on sky!:mad: Just wondering if people had to renew at the end of the season would we be talking 20% drop????

Well rev that we just won't know..so no need to worry :)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But wasnt the renewal rate much higher last season?

But that was from a far smaller base of season ticket holders as the amex was not at full capacity for season 1. Therefore 91% is actually a larger number of people renewing even if the headline figure appears less.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I have had to miss a few games this season, I think 5 in total due to a number of reasons but mainly the long distance. I would not think of giving up my ticket, it's not about finance and if I will save a few quid. My club means much more than that and realise how important it is I invest and spend to keep BHA afloat and going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here