Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion confirm 91 per cent season ticket renewal rate

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Isn't there a waiting list for season tickets?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
91% renewals obviously cannot include 1901 Club as there is no option to renew yet.
I am never clear if the STH numbers include these or not.

Hmmm. I've never seen it specified anywhere either. FWIW, I suspect that the numbers do include 1901ers and that they're included in the renewals at 100%, given there's no option for them atm. I think there are 3000-ish 1901ers.

PB has stated in the past that we have "over 23k" ST holders (not sure where the slightly lower number shown earlier on this thread comes from).

Soooo...

23,000 X 0.09 = 2070 not renewed.

But....

as a % of those who have the option to cancel it's actually

2070/(23000-3000) = 2070/20000 = 10.4% of those that could cancel did. Right?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
At the end of the day we have over 20k who have already paid their entrance fee for next season. Every game will see an attendance ( cough...tickets sold) of at least 20k season ticket holders 2-3k pay per match and 500- 2k away supporters. We will have an average attendance of around 25k if not more if we do well next season.................not bad for a tin pot club eh!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Assuming our wives say yes then me and my mate will start bringing our kids next season. That's four new STHs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Isn't there a waiting list for season tickets?
50% of the lapsed ST's have gone to those who were on the waiting list (approx 1,300). The season tickets are now on general sale.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Will never give mine up as I won't get my fantastic seat back if I did. Love it at front centre of WSU.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
palace are up to 12,000 after their early bird offer

I would say that is about their STH core support , if they stay up another 4-5,000 will jump on the bandwagon.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No. It's a 9% drop, of about 23,000, which amounts to 23,000 x 0.09 = c2,000.
And this figure relates to renewals. In other words, if the club manages to sell c2,000 season tickets, that'll be the same as this season; if they sell more than that, it'll be a higher number.

Thank you for doing some maths, the previous poster was only about 30% out, which is quite significant isn't it?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Its not a 10% drop though, is it? Its a 10% proportion of existing STH, who have not renewed. To equate that to a 'drop' would be to assume that there are NO new STH taking up any of those seats.

10% of current season ticket holders are not renewing. That's a - wait for it - ten percent drop (in the number of current STH). I didn't think it needed qualifying, I was obviously wrong..

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
91% renewal rate is fantastic! I would expect around 10-15 % churn every season tbh for various reasons so the club should be applauded for getting those renewals. Show me any business with a repeat customer rate of 91%? I can't imagine there are too many.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
91% renewal rate is fantastic! I would expect around 10-15 % churn every season tbh for various reasons so the club should be applauded for getting those renewals. Show me any business with a repeat customer rate of 91%? I can't imagine there are too many.

Do you know what a typical number is for a football club?

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Everyone knows our attendances will steadily decrease until we are either topping the league, or in the Premier League. This will be Barber's biggest challenge as CEO.

91% isn't bad renewal rate at all, I'm pleased with that, but it is a reminder that promotion is a necessity if we are to keep attendances high at the Amex. I just hope we haven't missed a golden opportunity this season because of underinvestment in the playing squad.

I have to disagree.
I think if we are playing good football, and challenging for the play offs, then more than most will be happy.....

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Nearly a 10% churn rate, but not necessarily a 10% drop in season ticket sales since presumably there will be some new sales.

These new sales could have happened anyway as ST's have been available since expansion was completed. I am confident both PB and TB will have noted the nearly 10% non renewal, if it happened again next season then action would definitely be required.

BTW I haven't renewed. No need as tickets will be available game by game, Tuesday night home to Donny/Yeovil/Whoever on a cold wet January night ain't attractive and not going will save about £20+ in bar tab, and the football ain't good enough right now. I will spend about the same over a season, not have as many arseache evening games, and do more away games. Winner! Unless we actually get promoted, panic!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Worrying .... worrying .... how many championship clubs are getting anywhere near close to 90%+ of their capacity?

What Championship club has the highest average attendance?

Why would 20,000+ STHs be worrying?

We do seem to be a little cup half empty on this one ..... when planning The Amex they wouldn't have planned for the sort of take up tghey've seen in year two, I'd guess, and they'd love 25,000+ attendances in Year Three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here