Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion buy out

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Deal

I'll take the club for 10 mill.

I have my cheque book to hand, all welcome me, I own all of you.

(Fingers crossed I win Euro million before DK banks the cheque)

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
How can "fan base" be described as an asset, the fans are the customers, Tesco's isn't valued on its customers, however loyal they may be.

As far as a valuation is concerned, isnt our balance sheet in the red thereby resulting in no value at all
On that basis Eastbourne Borough, Crawley or Lewes would have a higher market value than us then. They have there own grounds, little or no debt, so that must make them more valuable then us?

The fact that overnight, with the right investment, you have a massive fan base at the Albion, and fans make money. So yer, you can place a certain amount of valuation on customers/fans. Why has no rich Arab or Russkie invested their billions in Rochdale, Bury or Palace. 'cause they're shitty little clubs, with shitty little fan bases.

Investement tens of millions into Lewes or the like, you still have a shitty fan base, so not much hope of return. I'm sure theres probably an official valueation of the club out there in the public domain somewhere, and I bet I'm closer than most of you:glare:???

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
So you would pay 10-15million for debt! ??? or sorry should i say, you see investing 10-15million into debt as a good investment because we have these hidden "fans".

Im not having a pop, but its well over priced, out of intrest where do you think these fans are hidding? the TLO belly? Danny seagulls spankpit? south Korea?
Well the fact we can take 30000+ to Cardiff, and no doubt as many to Wembley for the paint pot cup, suggest they're out there somewhere.

Only die hards attend Withdean week in week out. SO with gates around 5-6k I'd say we are in a strong position fan number wise, when the new ground gets built.

Mock all ya like, but if you turned up tomorrow on Dick Knights doorstep with 10 million to spend , I think you'd be very lucky to walk away with the deeds to the club.

A year ago before permission for Falmer was granted, I'd have agreed it was probably worth f*** all, but that permission has transformed the club into a very interested business oppertunatey.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
we would be worth abit to be honest if you think about it we have a very expensive stadium coming our way which is a big asset isnt the figure somewhere round the £50 mill mark just for the stadium?

Brighton and Hove Albion FC won't own the stadium directly, will they? There is a Stadium Company and that will be worth a fair amount, but not the club itself.

NB This may not be entirely accurate.

we would be worth abit to be honest if you think about it we have a very expensive stadium coming our way which is a big asset isnt the figure somewhere round the £50 mill mark just for the stadium?
No. The stadium is a liability. The Albion have to pay for it.

It's like shopping in Tesco's. Just because your trolley is full of food, it doesn't mean it's yours. It means you'll need to cough up £70 when you get to the checkout.

No. The stadium is a liability. The Albion have to pay for it.

It's like shopping in Tesco's. Just because your trolley is full of food, it doesn't mean it's yours. It means you'll need to cough up £70 when you get to the checkout.

I'm not quite with you here LB. Doesn't the new stadium not being owned by BHAFC mean, using your analogy, that you've paid £70 to buy food for someone else?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I'm not quite with you here LB. Doesn't the new stadium not being owned by BHAFC mean, using your analogy, that you've paid £70 to buy food for someone else?

You = customer
Club = Tesco
Stadium company = Tescos suppliers (manufacturers)

Normally Manufacturers are worth more than outlets. Tesco is worth so much because of the turnover and the land the stores are on. Although more recently their financial side is making more monry than the stores according to the papers.

No. My analogy is much simpler. If you still have to pay for something, whether it's a stadium or a trolley full of food, you aren't in possession of an asset. You have a liability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here