Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion buy out

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Our only real assets are our league status, and the planning permission for a stadium... set against a bunch of debts... not a lot really.

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
:ohmy: oh no. Seems silly when hearing about the money branded around the Premiership.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Our only real assets are our league status, and the planning permission for a stadium... set against a bunch of debts... not a lot really.
You forgot our main asset.... the fan base. Given our catchment area I would estimate in our present state I would value the club at around 10-15 million.

We are the proverbal sleeping giant, abeit not the biggest giant by any means, but I think we are worth more than most people seem to think.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You forgot our main asset.... the fan base. Given our catchment area I would estimate in our present state I would value the club at around 10-15 million.

We are the proverbal sleeping giant, abeit not the biggest giant by any means, but I think we are worth more than most people seem to think.

10-15 mill hahaha are you joking?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
10-15 mill hahaha are you joking?
Nope. We have a masive fan base, its just its fairly hidden due to the crap facilities we have. Given a proper stadium instant gates of 20k are achiveable if we have a decent sqaud and are pushing on in the championship.

With a new stadium as an agreed asset, I would say 10-15 million would be a snip at this time, as in 10 years time the club could be worth many times that. Look at Hull, Stoke, who says in a couple of years time with a bit of luck that could be us.

So no I aint joking.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Was that an attempt at humour? Very good.

With a little more patience, understanding and potty-training, we'll see if we can move on to a few more basics - walking and talking at the same time, that sort of thing.
:lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

How can "fan base" be described as an asset, the fans are the customers, Tesco's isn't valued on its customers, however loyal they may be.

As far as a valuation is concerned, isnt our balance sheet in the red thereby resulting in no value at all

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Crikey if the fans are worth that much can't we put them up for sale and release some well needed funds?

10 - 15 million what? Pounds? ARE YOU ON DRUGS?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Nope. We have a masive fan base, its just its fairly hidden due to the crap facilities we have. Given a proper stadium instant gates of 20k are achiveable if we have a decent sqaud and are pushing on in the championship.

With a new stadium as an agreed asset, I would say 10-15 million would be a snip at this time, as in 10 years time the club could be worth many times that. Look at Hull, Stoke, who says in a couple of years time with a bit of luck that could be us.

So no I aint joking.

So you would pay 10-15million for debt! ??? or sorry should i say, you see investing 10-15million into debt as a good investment because we have these hidden "fans".

Im not having a pop, but its well over priced, out of intrest where do you think these fans are hidding? the TLO belly? Danny seagulls spankpit? south Korea?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm not sure; Wolves (who have a regular attendance of 23,000+ for league games) were sold for £10, with the condition that the new owner invested x amount of millions of pounds over the next decade. I imagine that the only decent takeover at the moment would have to follow a similar model.

Having said that, I have absolutely how much the albion is currently worth.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mr Burns - I've got a 1993 Vauxhall Astra for sale if you're interested. 189,000 on the clock, fsh, sunroof, cassette player, two new tyres, chassis needs a bit of work and theres some rust around the bonnet, front wings, rear wings, passenger side door, boot and roof. Passenger side wing mirror needs replacing, radiator has a slight leak, and if you go over 50 then the indicators don't work for some reason. Nice little runner though.

Shall we say £50k ? PM me.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Mr Burns - I've got a 1993 Vauxhall Astra for sale if you're interested. 189,000 on the clock, fsh, sunroof, cassette player, two new tyres, chassis needs a bit of work and theres some rust around the bonnet, front wings, rear wings, passenger side door, boot and roof. Passenger side wing mirror needs replacing, radiator has a slight leak, and if you go over 50 then the indicators don't work for some reason. Nice little runner though.

:laugh:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

I'll give you £49,500 and not a penny more!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here