Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion accounts 2021/22

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Really hope Tony can take some of this profit and the likely larger profits next season back for himself. Seems only fair for all he has done.
I suspect that Tony's investment has not impinged on his personal finances too much.
Possibly it works to his advantage.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
No one has yet pointed out that the original post was 4.30am. What sort of person treats accounts day like a kid at Christmas?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Right, is it good or bad? Seems to be very mixed feelings in this thread. It’s been dumbed down a lot and yet I still don’t really understand, my eyes glaze over when looking at numbers.

Are we stable? If Tony pulled out, we’d basically be f***ed?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can someone explain the accounts as simply as possible?

Am I right in thinking we spent 211million on just the running of the club last season? If we had the second lowest wages(where does it say that - I'm struggling to read any of it!) what are all the other expenses?

The accounts include the sales of Burn and White? so next years will include Bissouma, Maupay, Cucurella and Trossard?

Thanks!
Its a calculation of income versus expenditure.

There has been only a small charge* for this

*1000 Guineas. Cheque, bank transfer or postal order please.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Right, is it good or bad? Seems to be very mixed feelings in this thread. It’s been dumbed down a lot and yet I still don’t really understand, my eyes glaze over when looking at numbers.

Are we stable? If Tony pulled out, we’d basically be f***ed?

The club is probably now sustainable IF Tony Bloom continues to use the analytical approach based on the StarLizard data.

If he goes*, then the algorithm goes with him I suspect and the club would then have to compete with other clubs of a similar size, which would be difficult.

The Albion punch above their weight by being smarter, and that’s due to TB and PB.

*He won’t

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A DULLARD has been droning on about the accounts on BBC South East whilst trying to plug a crap book in the background.

Personally I would throw a brick through the TV screen and demand that Graham Norton picks up the bill.

B498E4CF-31D5-4A29-87C5-36F2900EA94A.jpeg

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
A DULLARD has been droning on about the accounts on BBC South East whilst trying to plug a crap book in the background.

Personally I would throw a brick through the TV screen and demand that Graham Norton picks up the bill.

View attachment 158648
Slightly more subtle than Paul Johnson of the IFS on Politics Live yesterday - his book was the only thing on his desk in the background.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
My assumption is that the £400m "debt" is there for any potential takeover/buyout.
The club don't incur any costs, but the Bloom family's money is retrievable from any future sale.

Is
The club is probably now sustainable IF Tony Bloom continues to use the analytical approach based on the StarLizard data.

If he goes*, then the algorithm goes with him I suspect and the club would then have to compete with other clubs of a similar size, which would be difficult.

The Albion punch above their weight by being smarter, and that’s due to TB and PB.

*He won’t
That is correct - I’m lead to believe .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We’re running out of myths for the Nigel’s to run with… Have to just stick to making up a completely innocent man is a sex offender I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Loving every moment of the season but maybe one of few who find the A/Cs a little sad. I find it incredible that despite income of £174m we would have lost £20m plus if had not sold £60m plus of players.
Looks like only way forward to compete without selling players is to increase our income to £250m plus which many do... Gate receipts are a small % so where do other clubs get this extra income. Is it just greater sponsorship income

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Second lowest wages in the PL? That's impressive. Can't imagine it'll be the same in the next set of accounts!
Bou

View attachment 158648
I remember you with dark curly hair.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Slightly more subtle than Paul Johnson of the IFS on Politics Live yesterday - his book was the only thing on his desk in the background.
I was sanctioned by OFCOM for having a copy of the Viz Fat Slags annual on the bookshelf during lockdown.
You would have thought they had more important things to worry about during Covid, but it’s amazing what people will complain about

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I was sanctioned by OFCOM for having a copy of the Viz Fat Slags annual on the bookshelf during lockdown.
You would have thought they had more important things to worry about during Covid, but it’s amazing what people will complain about
Lucky they couldn't see which German DVD was tucked behind it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here