Alan Lee

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Good deal, for Palace i think, hes not exactly prolific is he and 32 years old. Always seemed like a bit of a thug when ive seen him but definitely one of those you wouldnt want to be marking.

aaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

GUS POYET WILL BE FULLY AWARE OF THAT FACT AND IS MOST LIKELY DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT. How many times does it need to be written on this board?

This is a forum to discuss all things BHA with other fans not a portal to tell Gus poyet what needs to be done. WE KNOW GUS KNOWS THE ISSUES, It is a forum for discussion debate and opinion. In which case why are YOU here then

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Huddersfield are a million miles from us in what they can afford in fees and wages.

Carl Oysten was saying Blackpool couldn't compete with Huddersfield for wages, their wage cap is 10 grand a week, which means some hudds players are on more than that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not a pop at Gus but lets be real here

OK, we're playing in a shithole of a stadium, have lost on average £3m a year for the last 10 years and have a side that has been at best average for the last 4 seasons in front of crowds of 5-6,000.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
OK, we're playing in a shithole of a stadium, have lost on average £3m a year for the last 10 years and have a side that has been at best average for the last 4 seasons in front of crowds of 5-6,000.

Not stopped us before

See todays argus please

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'm not refering to the ones routinely thrown around on NSC / proven championship .

I'm talking about players that can do a job in L1 to help a team into the play offs.
Lets assume Murray is the main man then what we need would be a 15 goal sriker.
I haven't the full list of Withdean strikers but there must be half a dozen that have been signed over the years that can do this.

What I'm saying is , it isn't an impossible job that has never happened before. I'm certainly not calling for Gus's head or anything stupid as the bloke is quality. However, if we get no striker in by end of August then he has to be accountable.
No need to go into Dickinson and Forster history as been done but facts are if he is going to succeed in management then 3 months to find a 15 goal striker should be well withing his talents considering the budget is there for this type of player.
To sign no one means he has total faith in Barnes and our plan B, I'm saying he needs to be accountable if he does this as this is a failure.

After Murray , even strikers making up numbers is better than nothing

Keeping the faith and crossing fingers but squeeky bum time as I believe the season hinges on who we sign

But it isn't is it, I thought that had become adundantly clear by now, we are not going to splash the cash in this transfer market, that is assuming that there is ACTUALLY a lot of it to splash, none of us actually know how well off bloom is, he put £93 into the stadium, but for all we know he borrowed that, our playing budget has barely grown since he took over. People need to accept that we are no Soton/Hudders and we dont have millions to throw at players, neither do we have the facilities to draw in top players, 2 years at st Marys or A Year at withdean and then a year at falmer on the same wage? Not even counting the training facilities I know which one i'd go for every time.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
aaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

GUS POYET WILL BE FULLY AWARE OF THAT FACT AND IS MOST LIKELY DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT. How many times does it need to be written on this board?

Yeah to be fair he's only know about this since Forster left in January. Clearly that's not enough time to sign a striker.

I do get this feeling with our fans that Gus Poyet can do no wrong. If we were in this position with McGhee/Wilkins/Adams or Slade everyone would be moaning that we hadn't signed a left winger or a striker that we've been in desperate need of for a long time.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
great signing for huddersfield - expect them to go unbeaten for the season now

The Tassie Seagull

Dave Clarkson's Left Sock
They've signed "Gully"! Class.

Funniest bit is his quote from near the bottom of the article where he says

"I was looking forward to what was going to be a very exciting season playing in Serie A, and although there was interest in me from other Serie A clubs, as soon as I heard Southampton were interested I knew that I had to come here."

:facepalm::facepalm:

That has to be the biggest load of bullshit ever!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Funniest bit is his quote from near the bottom of the article where he says

"I was looking forward to what was going to be a very exciting season playing in Serie A, and although there was interest in me from other Serie A clubs, as soon as I heard Southampton were interested I knew that I had to come here."

:facepalm::facepalm:

That has to be the biggest load of bullshit ever!

Presumably, he couldn't resist the SOUTHAMPTON STYLE (c)

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
How many strikers do Huddersfield want? Saying that through, I honestly think we've missed out on Alan Lee. A proven goalscorer at this level, and definitely can add something different. This is beginning to get depressing, that there is seven days left of the transfer window and we still aint got a 25+ goal scorer, to even challenge to get out of this league.....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
we could have signed alan lee for £100k back in 2005 :down:

Palace hardly have any money as it is, how the f*** can they afford to pay Davids wages i don't know.

Davids is on a pay per play scheme which is reportedly 5k a game. I'd normally find that amount obscene but this is Davids we're on about and the shirt/extra bums on seats etc is worth that alone.
As for Alan Lee, i started off as not a fan of his but after watching him, his work rate alone made me review my stance. He was never prolific but was a true team player.
Our loss will be Huddersfield's gain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports