Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Duffy and the Penalty

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I remember that incident very well I was only eleven at the time and even then thought what a prat, I also remember he was oftern on the bench and when he was call upon to come chants first action was to blast the ball over the south stand which was followed by getting involved in some thing he should not and getting booked

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Great video that. Lawrenson is a funny man.
What is Maybank (i think it is?) going on about? Something like, 'i'm glad i came..'

Falmerite

Jul 26, 2004
Burgess Hill
I vaguely remember another penalty where the Albion player (I think it was Duffy) dummied, the keeper dived one way, then he rolled the ball into the other corner, or is my memory playing tricks!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Remember the Duffy incident like it was yesterday , Kit Napier was livid. We had a sixpence transfer to the South Stand from the North through the Chicken run .... happy days.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I vaguely remember another penalty where the Albion player (I think it was Duffy) dummied, the keeper dived one way, then he rolled the ball into the other corner, or is my memory playing tricks!

If it was Duffy, and I get that it may not have been, it would have been at home to Rotherham in April 1970, as that is the only penalty he scored for us.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think he also got sent off after the game had finished in the tunnel can any one remember !@ the Goldstone

He was suspended by the club after an incident with a Walsall keeper, but I haven't yet managed to find out which game this was or what the incident involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here