Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax Goal Celebrations - Beer Throwing Bans?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
He needs to be given access to the CCTV footage. I look forward to the frame by frame analysis, where he is able to demonstrate that due to the angle of his arm the throwing action was entirely involuntary and only willing participants were covered in the remnants of his point of Henieken anyway.
Will we get a sky sports programme where PBOBE will be questioned by Michael Owen?

Where will we get PC beard and Richard Hebberd brought back to question and review the decision?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Will we get a sky sports programme where PBOBE will be questioned by Michael Owen?

Where will we get PC beard and Richard Hebberd brought back to question and review the decision?
There I was enjoying this thread and you had to go and mention Hebberd (grrr).

Anyway as the cup strikes you can clearly see that the spectators back is in a natural position between his shoulder blades and above his backside. Therefore no penalty should be applied.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wouldn't happen in Scotland. Oh.

begbie-trainspotting.gif

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Sadly familiar. Quite a few years ago I had the following at an away game:-
- drinking before game
- arrive at ground singing within a group
- told to calm down or not going in
- one nil down, responded to taunts by flicking the v at home support
- chucked out, didn't resist but did ask why. "Cos you were warned."

5 home game ban, very important fixtures. Challenged it, told that cctv footage was reviewed and confirmed need for ban. Asked for footage and told not available. Challenged again, nothing doing. Club says ban applies, end of story.

"Your own fault for flicking the v's at a football match. What did you expect. Should have been longer" etc etc etc

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surely the club are simply trusting the Ajax interpretation, the same we expected Palace to do over the fans that broke into the away end.
The guys admits he threw beer though....which is against the very clear and explicite rules at the Ajax stadium.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Essentially a 5 match ban for being ejected at an away ground (due to behaviour - which he’s admitted in the article, so ‘seeing the cctv‘ is kind of irrelevant now). I’m even more certain the club got this right reading his account of it :shrug:
Once again it would seem those desperate to stick the boot into the club really ought to have waited.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Sadly familiar. Quite a few years ago I had the following at an away game:-
- drinking before game
- arrive at ground singing within a group
- told to calm down or not going in
- one nil down, responded to taunts by flicking the v at home support
- chucked out, didn't resist but did ask why. "Cos you were warned."

5 home game ban, very important fixtures. Challenged it, told that cctv footage was reviewed and confirmed need for ban. Asked for footage and told not available. Challenged again, nothing doing. Club says ban applies, end of story.

"Your own fault for flicking the v's at a football match. What did you expect. Should have been longer" etc etc etc
:ohmy: Banned for flicking V's at opposite fans, I do that most games, I don't think they can see me in WSU mind, but didn't think it was a banning offence

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:ohmy: Banned for flicking V's at opposite fans, I do that most games, I don't think they can see me in WSU mind, but didn't think it was a banning offence
That reminds me, I must get round to chopping my son's fingers off....

:moo:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Essentially a 5 match ban for being ejected at an away ground (due to behaviour - which he’s admitted in the article, so ‘seeing the cctv‘ is kind of irrelevant now). I’m even more certain the club got this right reading his account of it :shrug:
Exactly! He's sore that he got found out and others might have got away with it!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
All about the away club stewarding is the issue. If they decide to chuck you out, albion hand out bans. Doesn't matter what led up to it

It's a shame but as a dull fella called Graham said, it is what it is. We don't have to like or support it though.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Kangaroo Court; "an unofficial court held by a group of people in order to try someone regarded, especially without good evidence, as guilty of a crime or misdemeanour."

There is video evidence (allegedly) and he has admitted the offence, is that not 'good evidence', what else do you need?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here