[Albion] Ajax Goal Celebrations - Beer Throwing Bans?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not having bought a pint in as long as I can remember, isn't beer luzzing a rather expensive hobby ? And then you have to wait in queue to get another one !

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No it wouldn't. Immediate ban for this behaviour, it's anti-social and unnacceptable. Zero tolerance. Why should you ruin someone else's experience with no negative consequences? The people who luzzed the beers around are no loss to anything and frankly, I imagine these losers were already hammered before staggering their way toward the ground.

It's a no from me.
Do you EVER break road traffic law?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Interested to know whether the assumption appearing to be made on this thread is actually correct, that those who got a ban were only throwing beer around during the goal celebrations.

Or whether they were some of the individuals who were still throwing cups / beer round, even after the warning had been issued? or some of those who were throwing mainly empty looking cups some distance, either launched from somewhere nearer the back of the stands towards our own fans lower down, or throwing them towards the Ajax fans located in the stands nearby.

I suspect it's more likely to have been for the latter

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I guess one positive from all of this is that it means there’s zero chance beer will be permitted in the seats anytime soon at the AMEX.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Father Ted GIF by Pixel Bandits

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
- Why would you be pissed off at first?
- Several people in this thread have described being hit, or with someone hit, by flying glasses of beer. In one case, blood was drawn. Why the f*** are you still excusing this pathetic, violent, antisocial behaviour? Get a grip.
He’s a wind up merchant and an attention seeker on here.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Loads of stuff in the Euros I recal, laughing/celebrating all the beer luzzing in the fan zones - turned into a bit of a competition as to who chucked more beer in the air, unsurprisingly Croydon fully entered into the 'look at me' competition.

Some may be forgiven for thinking that is what football is all about. Very daft I agree, but feels so wrong to celebrate such behaviour then ban.
Said before on another thread but problem has certainly been heightened by media like the BBC and ITV glorifying it all during euros/WCs since it became a thing at fan zones. When I were a kid in the pub watching euros/WCs I definitely don't remember beer luzzing.

Totally idiotic thing to do but the club add to it themselves by posting videos with childish 'limbs' comments etc trying to be down with the YouTube generation. I'm all for watching videos of crowds celebrating - what football's all about at the end of the day - but bloody hate the 'limbs' term

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
In case you hadn’t noticed, there can be consequences to that, too.

Top whataboutery, though.
No whataboutery whatsoever. The poster said that there should be ZERO of beer throwing, let’s hope that they themselves are squeaky clean eh?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Said before on another thread but problem has certainly been heightened by media like the BBC and ITV glorifying it all during euros/WCs since it became a thing at fan zones. When I were a kid in the pub watching euros/WCs I definitely don't remember beer luzzing.

Totally idiotic thing to do but the club add to it themselves by posting videos with childish 'limbs' comments etc trying to be down with the YouTube generation. I'm all for watching videos of crowds celebrating - what football's all about at the end of the day - but bloody hate the 'limbs' term
celebrating goals has changed over the years. It used to be a spontaneous and “with wild abandon” reaction, and it is for most. But I have seen some people filming themselves ostentatiously celebrating which is quite odd and seems quite forced. there is also BoxPark footage of people buying pints and then lobbing them.

It’s not just football either. I once saw a couple of girls carefully filming themselves going “wild” at a music festival. They took it in turns to film each other.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I would suspect this;
Interested to know whether the assumption appearing to be made on this thread is actually correct, that those who got a ban were only throwing beer around during the goal celebrations.

Or whether they were some of the individuals who were still throwing cups / beer round, even after the warning had been issued? or some of those who were throwing mainly empty looking cups some distance, either launched from somewhere nearer the back of the stands towards our own fans lower down, or throwing them towards the Ajax fans located in the stands nearby.

Yep, would agree with this.

IF the person in question was picked out by Ajax, does the club have much of a choice?

Throwing the beer during the goal would be very harsh. Throwing it after we were told not to, on the face of it, wouldn’t be.

Either way, the club deleting the video, makes them look silly. It would be good if they could clear things up to stop rumour and misinformation being the order of the day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

You are correct.

As has been stated here, the fans banned are the fans removed from the stadium by Ajax stewards and handed over to Albion stewards and Balkham.

So clearly not the exuberant celebrators who happened to be holding beer, as they would be impossible to single out.
No, they had to have been the fans who took it to the next level.

As said last night, everyone in the ground shrugged it off, perhaps grumbled to themselves and others but instantly moved on.
Nobody screamed for a policeman or demanded justice, a fact that is also being missed by those defending the actions of the luzzers.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Someone in H Block threw numerous blue and white balloons during GOSBTS on Sunday. I hope this person can also be brought to justice.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
- Why would you be pissed off at first?
- Several people in this thread have described being hit, or with someone hit, by flying glasses of beer. In one case, blood was drawn. Why the f*** are you still excusing this pathetic, violent, antisocial behaviour? Get a grip.
Violent behaviour? Really? Throwing beer is now violent behaviour? What next?

The glass throwing and blood being drawn was on the train and from Ajax fans I thought.

I agree the beer throwing is unecessary, irritating, pathetic and a waste of money but the bans are another example of the club being over eager to punish. In another ten years we'll be reading about why 5 game bans are reasonable for people swearing at a match "so uneccesary, they wouldn't do that when out shopping. My kids shouldn't be exposed to such language"

There are ways of taking your customers with you and there are ways of targetting new customers.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Someone in H Block threw numerous blue and white balloons during GOSBTS on Sunday. I hope this person can also be brought to justice.
I think you’re inflating the situation here, but if they are caught I think they’ll just be let off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports