[Food] Ainsley Harriott Cup Soups.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'm sure that Ainsley is a really nice bloke but any 'chef' on the telly that says Sally Salt and Percy Pepper makes me doubt their credibility.

Computer bloke I watch on Youtube says "Mr Scissors" and "Stanley the Knife" when he opens boxes. He has credibility - he is just weird.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
It's £12.95 at Rick Stein's, to eat in - a huge bonus with small children, compared to the constant worry about them diving off the harbour wall whilst you're trying to eat.

I'll be there in about 6 weeks.

THe menu is here https://www.rickstein.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/A-La-Carte-22.05.2021-web.pdf as you can see £19.95 for Fish and Chips.

His Cafe menu is here https://www.rickstein.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Sample-Menus-Cafe.pdf £14.95 for a fish cake...

or your correct his takeaway is £12.95.....but for that you get no seat......

Enjoy queing with the other lemmings who want to experience 'gormet' chips..( at least there are no Japanese tourists at the moment)

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Funnily enough

Me and the Mrs are heading off on our narrow boat for a few days. Ainsleys hot and sour are packed for the canals. Absolutely essential in the middle of January but nice with a pasty any time of year. His cous cous with a tin of tuna makes a great lunch.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
THe menu is here https://www.rickstein.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/A-La-Carte-22.05.2021-web.pdf as you can see £19.95 for Fish and Chips.

His Cafe menu is here https://www.rickstein.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Sample-Menus-Cafe.pdf £14.95 for a fish cake...

or your correct his takeaway is £12.95.....but for that you get no seat......

Enjoy queing with the other lemmings who want to experience 'gormet' chips..( at least there are no Japanese tourists at the moment)

You're quoting prices from three different restaurants!

The cheapest option is the "chippy" near the harbour and I can confirm it does have seating for about 30 people at the exact same price, given I've eaten in there several times.

Inverted snobbery is still snobbery.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We were walking in Marlow today, as you do.
People are trying to navigate around each other, so as not to contaminate their fellow planet dwellers, we moved aside as a large immovable object was looming in our direction.
It only turned out to be Tom Kerridge, who thanked us for waiting, seems a pleasant chap, for all of the hype of celebrity chef these days.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
In reply to people raving about the Wild Mushroom variety.....

A wild mushroom is a mushroom which grows in the wild, so I assume they have teams of people who wander around picking them. At the very least, they're grown outdoors in fields?

However, being a brainless fungus and I'd guess not giving a flying shit where it grows - could you not just grow the same mushroom in a super-shed, on a farm?

What's the difference? Or am I being stupid... punish:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sending best wishes to Ainsley Harriotts sister who fell into a water feature at the Chelsea Flower Show this afternoon.

:nono:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
In reply to people raving about the Wild Mushroom variety.....

A wild mushroom is a mushroom which grows in the wild, so I assume they have teams of people who wander around picking them. At the very least, they're grown outdoors in fields?

However, being a brainless fungus and I'd guess not giving a flying shit where it grows - could you not just grow the same mushroom in a super-shed, on a farm?

What's the difference? Or am I being stupid... punish:
They're not wild.

They're absolutely livid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports