[Food] Ainsley Harriott Cup Soups.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I think I remember a soup machine at Crawley swimming baths, back in the day. Seem to remember sometimes areas of dried powder that hadn't quite mixed...............

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Surely your old enough to remember the mug a soup range, that Fanny Craddock endorsed.

Absolutey and I still enjoy a taste of Fanny's special.

Was in Padstow last week and there was a queue outside Rick Steins chippy for £19.50 for fish and chips when a shop in the town was £8.95!!! WHY? just to say you have eaten Rick Steins chips ( which he has never seen or touched)...The cheaper ones were very nice ad got a seat looking at the port.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Was in Padstow last week and there was a queue outside Rick Steins chippy for £19.50 for fish and chips when a shop in the town was £8.95!!! WHY? just to say you have eaten Rick Steins chips ( which he has never seen or touched)...The cheaper ones were very nice ad got a seat looking at the port.

That's Padstein for you.
Probably made the better choice:thumbsup:

That Jocko chef, Ramsey lives in Rock over the other side.....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well to be fair he does own the town now, that's why it's been renamed Padstein.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think I remember a soup machine at Crawley swimming baths, back in the day. Seem to remember sometimes areas of dried powder that hadn't quite mixed...............

They have one in a my local toolstation, with the obligatory display model only Makita builders radio on top to entertain the staff.

The machine has been turned off due to Covid, I'm not sure if they are planning a special re-opening.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The thai one and hot & sour are my mid morning choice at work, rather than hoeing through sandwiches. HAve tried others but these 2 are good.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The thai one and hot & sour are my mid morning choice at work, rather than hoeing through sandwiches. HAve tried others but these 2 are good.

I've been trying to work out what "hoeing through sandwiches" might mean but I'm at a loss ???

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

It's £12.95 at Rick Stein's, to eat in - a huge bonus with small children, compared to the constant worry about them diving off the harbour wall whilst you're trying to eat.

I'll be there in about 6 weeks.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I have a real liking for Oriental hot and spicy soups, but largely the packet and canned offerings taste nothing like the originals.

Ainsley's Mulligatawny, Hot & Sour, and Thai soups are much more like the real thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports