Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] AFC Wimbledon

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I went to the old Plough Lane Ground to see the first match by the original team in the Football League.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
What? I’d expect many are dead or too frail now it’s taken so long for them to return to their manor! Wimbledon we’re so royally screwed, this story beats our own. In fact, it’s the only one that does. In the history of English football. It’s a fairytale ending to a nightmare story. Along with us, it will give hope to likes of Bury and others who will surely follow during the next couple of years. I think it’s brilliant, I am so chuffed for them and especially those old enough to remember the Lane. Always had a soft spot for the Wombles, lived round that way for a while too back in the 90s and their supporters are a proud, loyal bunch.

I agree with all this

I went to watch Man Utd play Wimbledon at Selhurst Park in the early 90's, they had just won the league. about 90% of the stadium was Man Utd. This was a top flight league match ! It was clear they were a tiny club punching well above their weight, with no home and no real future plans, the club still operated from a few portakabins on Selhurst Park. With a bigger, more vocal fan base I think it wouldn't have happened. My biggest beef is that 1 club is effectively taking up 2 league places

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Pleased for them, went to the stock car racing track there in the eighties. Nice looking stand.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Went to my first ever match at Plough Lane, taken by my dad so he tells me, don't remember a thing! Must have been Isthmian league. Also went to speedway a couple of times in the early 60s.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
This is a lovely feel good video. Well done to everyone that made it possible.
I think next season I'll pop up to Plough Lane for a game to have a nose at their new home.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
A great club. Great to see them properly back where they belong. Makes that horrible MK club look all the more embarrassing.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Yup brilliant news. Went to the old plough lane just the once just to notch off a ground. Saw Newcastle visit Wimbledon, cannot for the life of me remember the score but remember i stood in the home end. Great to think they have a spanking new ground after the turmoil the club has been through. The old ground was a bit of a dump to be honest but it was their dump and was their home.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yup brilliant news. Went to the old plough lane just the once just to notch off a ground. Saw Newcastle visit Wimbledon, cannot for the life of me remember the score but remember i stood in the home end. Great to think they have a spanking new ground after the turmoil the club has been through. The old ground was a bit of a dump to be honest but it was their dump and was their home.

Wasn't the famous one where Vinnie grabbed Gascoigne's nadgers was it ?

Gazza.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here