Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] AFC Wimbledon

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Decided to spend two thirds of the money I saved not buying PPV on watching this. Nice to watch a first game at a stadium in some form.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Neat looking stand.
dons.png

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
For anyone who watches this, please report back on the performance of young master Ryan Longman (who appears to have made a very satisfactory start to his league career).

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
For anyone who watches this, please report back on the performance of young master Ryan Longman (who appears to have made a very satisfactory start to his league career).

Stream seems broken at the moment but they may have stopped it until kick off.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Greyhound racing?

I used to go dog racing loads at Wimbledon, cracking night out.

I also went to the old Plough Lane once, horrible ground, horrible football and no atmosphere.

i'd be curious to know how many of their current fan base used to go to the old Plough Lane or, as I suspect, they are mostly jumping on the bandwagon

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Went to Plough Lane once - think it was a 0-0 in 86. The most dilapidated ground; made the Goldstone look like the Camp Nou.

Absolutely wonderful story and don't forget - majority fan-funded.

And another Buckingham Stadium - their football stadium business has taken off since the Amex.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Don't think Longman has touched it yet.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I also went to the old Plough Lane once, horrible ground, horrible football and no atmosphere.

i'd be curious to know how many of their current fan base used to go to the old Plough Lane or, as I suspect, they are mostly jumping on the bandwagon

I'd be curious to know how many of our current fan base used to go to the old Goldstone or, as I suspect, they are mostly jumping on the bandwagon.

So what ?

I'd rather see AFC Wimbledon tops round here than Chelsea.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not to be Longman with the first goal. His strike partner gets the honours.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It probably won’t happen, but I would laugh my head off if Leeds got relegated before a single fan could watch a premier league game after all that time.

That would be highly amusing.

On a similar note, I feel sorry for Wycombe Wanderers fans. Let's face it, they're unlikely to stay up this season and it could very easily be their only season in The Championship.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not much to report on Longman as he hasn't been involved much at all. Seems to like drifting out to the left wing but most good things for Wimbledon have gone through Piggott, their other striker.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That would be highly amusing.

On a similar note, I feel sorry for Wycombe Wanderers fans. Let's face it, they're unlikely to stay up this season and it could very easily be their only season in The Championship.

You can watch from the trees above Adams Park!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

What? I’d expect many are dead or too frail now it’s taken so long for them to return to their manor! Wimbledon we’re so royally screwed, this story beats our own. In fact, it’s the only one that does. In the history of English football. It’s a fairytale ending to a nightmare story. Along with us, it will give hope to likes of Bury and others who will surely follow during the next couple of years. I think it’s brilliant, I am so chuffed for them and especially those old enough to remember the Lane. Always had a soft spot for the Wombles, lived round that way for a while too back in the 90s and their supporters are a proud, loyal bunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here