AFC Wimbledon v MK Dons?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the costa love bus

Feb 17, 2010
brighton
NN i really hope you are fishing if not well you really are not a football supporter

the costa love bus

Feb 17, 2010
brighton
1st of all of if my son went to thir games i would tell him the history of how mk came to place 2nd of all i wouldt allow him to go,its obvis you agree with how mk came around

NN12 Seagull

Jan 3, 2010
Not convinced many in reality would take your stance. Were you one of the many Albion fans who visited StadiumMK in the last 2 years for the BHA fixture and gave them your hard earned cash. Were all those fans and the thousands from other clubs wrong to do so?

readingstockport has hit it nail on head.

Having seen Worthing play AFC during their rise up the pyramid I have nothing but utter disdain for franchise mk and everything they stand for. They are one of many things that is wrong with football and are a blot on footballing history.

NN you obviously have no concept of the emotions involved and if you think that there was nothing wrong with the "begginings" of the franchise then as clb and others have said you are not a real supproter of the beautiful game!

Real fans support real clubs

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And why the hostility?
OK, I went OTT, and you're no worse than a few kiddies on this thread but I'd have thought you'd know better, Brovian.

I happen to know plenty of Wimbledon fans owing to the fact I lived there for a decade, and they deserve a lot better than being called pretentious twats for the sort of soul searching they do over the issue having already had the club stolen from them. It's an issue that already threatens to tear the club in two. Pretentiousness doesn't come into it.

the costa love bus

Feb 17, 2010
brighton
nn you saying u have lived in mk for 40 years? did u ever go to watch mk city play and if not why not?

the costa love bus

Feb 17, 2010
brighton
tom watt summend it up for me he said with out the histroy of the clubs its just 22 men kicking a ball around thats what mk are for me just 11 men kicking a ball around

NN12 Seagull

Jan 3, 2010
I watched MK City play regularly when they played at Manor Fields and Wolverton Town, Newport Pagnell Town and played for many local teams. Im not sure why you ask. My point is that living in the area it i difficult to avoid the fact that the team exist and that many non MK Dons attend matches because they get offered deals or or dragged along by their kids, ok maybe you think me weak willed but how many would not do the same. I also follow the Albion home and away whenever i can afford it and they will continue to be "my team". If you think me not worthy to be a true Albion fan because I go to the odd MK game then so be it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Lets invite Archer, Bellottie and Stanly (Cu*ts) to the opening of the Amex then. Its time to move on.

The history of Wimbledon is slightly more complex. What year did they move from Plough Lane ? They were nomadic for a long time. It was not a happy page in the history of the football league when they "moved" to Milton Keynes but the clubwas stolen from them a long time before that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The history of Wimbledon is slightly more complex. What year did they move from Plough Lane ? They were nomadic for a long time. It was not a happy page in the history of the football league when they "moved" to Milton Keynes but the clubwas stolen from them a long time before that.

The club was no more stolen from them after the move from Plough Lane than the Albion was from us when the Goldstone went. It was still there to support and fight for even if they did have to share with Palace. It was lost when they were allowed to move to Milton Keynes and shame on the people who let that happen or sought it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The club was no more stolen from them after the move from Plough Lane than the Albion was from us when the Goldstone went. It was still there to support and fight for even if they did have to share with Palace. It was lost when they were allowed to move to Milton Keynes and shame on the people who let that happen or sought it.

Where was the fight to move it back from Selhurst ? I really do not remember it. The local council were not bothered. It was an odd club - full of supporters with give-away season tickets used by people to watch the opposition. It was not a happy tale - but as I say if I lived in Milton Keynes I would be happy for my kids to go and watch them.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Where was the fight to move it back from Selhurst ? I really do not remember it. The local council were not bothered. It was an odd club - full of supporters with give-away season tickets used by people to watch the opposition. It was not a happy tale - but as I say if I lived in Milton Keynes I would be happy for my kids to go and watch them.

The MK consortium that took over Wimbledon had already tried for QPR, so they were not in it to help or bale out a dying club. They just wanted their short cut rather than develop their own town team from the Spartans southern league if memory serves me right. It was a crime and if you would be happy to take your children to watch them on a weekly basis then thats fine.
I wouldn`t though but then the Albion`s struggle may have influenced me. Do you remember the Albion`s struggle DKM ?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Have to say, when I saw the draw I took the initial thought of "oh that will be a great derby", but that WSC piece has proved me to be an idiot, as it completely explains the opposite and correct opinion.

What really scares me about MK Dons is the ever increasing number of people who simply think "oh, it was a while ago, they're a real club now". In this case time shoud definetely not heal.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The MK consortium that took over Wimbledon had already tried for QPR, so they were not in it to help or bale out a dying club. They just wanted their short cut rather than develop their own town team from the Spartans southern league if memory serves me right. It was a crime and if you would be happy to take your children to watch them on a weekly basis then thats fine.
I wouldn`t though but then the Albion`s struggle may have influenced me. Do you remember the Albion`s struggle DKM ?

Of course. And I appreciate it is heresy. I would never go myself. But if I had a lad who wanted to go to see his local club with his mates I would tell him the history - but I would not try and forbid him or try to get him to support a local rival, or tell him to to sit on the sofa and I will get him a Liverpool shirt.

The best thing would be never to have left Merton. At Selhurst they never seemed to be a "local" club like the 91 others. And I know that is completely unfair on the true supporters.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
f*** the pair of em!

f*** MK Dons!
f*** the FA for letting it happen!
f*** the scabs that followed them from Wimbledon!
f*** the people of MK for vindicating the FA's decision for allowing it to happen.
f*** AFC for walking away from the fight!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'll be at one of the 1st Round Replays cheering on the prospect of this tie NOT happening.

My lad is an Ebbsfleet fan, so I'll be cheering them to victory over AFC Wimbledon ... hopefully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports