Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Wimbledon v MK Dons?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It seems as though AFC Wimbledon didnt want it to happen either.

From their website

FA Cup draw

Depending on the outcome of two replays, we have been drawn against Milton Keynes in the FA Cup 2nd round to be played on 27 November.

Most people know the way that Milton Keynes obtained their football club. It was wrong then and it is still wrong now, which makes this fixture very painful for us. However, when we entered the FA Cup we understood that this might happen and we will go about our business professionally and complete the fixture. But we would have preferred that it hadn’t happened. We have no further comment to make at the moment.

In which case I am putting a monkey on Ebsfleet winning the replay.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
ReadingStockport
Many thanks for your kind words. Yes I do go along and watch MK Dons and will continue to do so without any feeling of guilt, as do many in the area who follow other clubs (including other MK based seagulls). I watched Wimbledon for many years at Plough lane when i lived in South London. I watch lots of local football because I enjoy it and cannot afford to travel to watch BHA every week, but please do not accsue me of not being a true fan, I have been a Sussex exile for 40 years but continued to follow the local team of my birth and spent thousands of pounds following them both home and away.

and I am a Sussex exile who lives near MK and hope it goes to a replay so I can go in the visitors end and cheer a real grass roots football team.

The banana skin draw is setting up FC United to meet manure in 3rd round!:cry:

f*** the pair of em!

f*** AFC for walking away from the fight!

AFC didn't walk away from the fight. AFCW were formed after the three man commission returned their binding descision to allow the wankers in mk to buy a league place in order to facilitate a planning application and commercial property development. Once that descision was taken Wimbledon (rip) fans had no choice but to

1. Either go support another team.
2. Follow the bastards to mk and sit with the bastards who now watch what was their league place.
3. Stop watching football all together.
4. Form a new club to replace the one they had stolen from them by scum businessman and lazy twats who supported other teams but felt they had a right to watch league football.

e-mailed to me from a customer who is on some sort of supporters comitee.
i think it sums it up.

From my point of view as an AFC supporter, it’s a horrible draw. Nothing good will come out of it. The potential for trouble both inside and outside the ground is huge, the massive costs involved in security, policing, etc. And imagine if AFC win and fans invade the pitch at the end before Franny players have had a chance to get off – what price their safety from our own idiots and from those hooligans from other clubs that might come along? Yes – the money from a live game, radio, media coverage, etc could net £100K+, but the outgoing costs against that would be huge and don’t forget, in the FA Cup, money gained through the gate is halved between the clubs and many, many Dons fans will refuse to go if it means Franchise getting a ‘slice’ of their hard-earned – yes feelings still run very deep. Having said all that, the way AFCW played Saturday, it will be Ebbsfleet that will progress. And looking at their guestbook yesterday, they have issues against Stevenage!!! It’s all going to kick off one way or the other come November 27th.

And so, what the likes of Exeter, Bournemouth and Peterborough have failed to do this year, little old Woking force ‘the might’ of BAHA to a draw and replay. Minds on other things Saturday at the Withdean?

Apparently there is going to be a debate on five live this evening about the game at about 9.50 or so. It was to be between a football fan in the form of an AFCW and a franchise/league place follower.

But no franchiser was willing to front up and face the truth so it is now going to be a debate between an AFCW fan who thinks, if the replays go that way, that the game should go ahead and one who thinks it should not.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Can someone explain what actually happend between wimbldon and Mkdons? I know the basics but don't understand why there are some negative comments towards wimbledon aswell.

The negative comments come from one of three groups.

Liars, who claim that wimbledon sold their ground and so deserved their fate. I can't be arsed to go into details again on here but if you want a timeline and details then contact WISA and ask them.

Trolls, who are doing it to wind people up.

Some who for good reason, hooliganism in the back in the day and the like, simply dislike Wimbledon.

There are others, who REALLY REALLY support other teams but, who have swallowed the lies of winkleman and they try to pretend everything is normal and ok.

It's not. I was at Selhurst park on the day Wimbledon relegated Stockport County. The only redeming factor was the Wimbledon fans, they were, and are, some of the greatest warmest football fans I have met. Their passion for their team forced them to start a new club at the lowest level of football when their own one was stolen. Stolen so the likes of nn12 seagull can watch league football with too much inconvenience to himself.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Crawley Town v Swindon Town
Friday 26 November 2010
Live on ESPN
7.45pm kick-off

AFC Wimbledon or Ebbsfleet United v Stevenage or Milton Keynes Dons
Saturday 27 November 2010
Live on ITV1
12.50pm kick-off

Droylsden v Dagenham & Redbridge or Leyton Orient
Monday 29 November 2010
Live on ESPN
7.45pm kick-off

Shame i'll miss the potential AFC v Dons as the 2nd half will clash with my journey to see us STUFF FC United!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Time to move on. If I lived in Milton Keynes I would be happy for my kids to go and watch their local team.

I'm sorry, Mumm, but I disagree. If we let bygones be bygones there's a danger that the incident will pass into history, the fog of time will occlude the nature of the torturous birth of MK and it will gradually just fade into an acceptance. That would be a major disservice to the culture of respect and affection for clubs' histories that's an important part of the football landscape in this country. We must never let an acceptance that franchising is OK creep into our game, even if it's under the cloak of a slow, creeping apathy.

I haven't been to MK's stadium and I never will, no matter how vital the game. I'm not just being sanctimonious, we all make our own decisions about this stuff, it's just a personal point of view. MK Dons are an abortion, a bastard Frankenstinian stitch-up using somebody else's baby for their body parts, and they cannot be allowed to spawn any brothers.

The first game had to come eventually - the two could be playing each other regularly if Wimbledon's progress continues, so they may as well get it out of the way. I hope it does come to pass, and I hope, of course, that Wimbledon kick MK's arses. On the pitch, of course.

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
MK Dons have just squandered their potential chances of a match against AFC Wimbledon, conceding in the fifth minute of injury time, going on to lose 7-6 on penalties to Stevenage.

Attendance at Stadium:MK - 3,977.

Joke club. :facepalm:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Sad it won't happen this time

Happy that MK Franchise fcuked it up

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Is this the fixture ITV picked before the replays had been decided??

Ebsfleet v Stevenage is going to be a huge audience puller.

:lolol:

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Is this the fixture ITV picked before the replays had been decided??

Ebsfleet v Stevenage is going to be a huge audience puller.

:lolol:

It serves ITV right. There were other good ties to choose but they gambled and lost on a potential match that would've had a poisonous atmsosphere with crowd disorder likely. The type of people that rubber neck at traffic accidents. Whichever fools were responsible should lose their job as they're not real football fans obviously and have lost ITV even more viewers now. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here