Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Wimbledon v MK Dons?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Eh? What do you mean 'on so many levels'? And given the history you'd have thought they'd have relished the chance to get one over Winkleman and the Dons, not get all precious about the prospect of playing them.

The well written article linked to above sums it up perfectly for me- the club itself shouldn't exist. I imagine it will be extremely painful for the Wimbledon fans to face the old club- and whatever the result they won't "get one over". That's the key for me, I feel neither side would get a real sense of satisfaction out of a win. Only hurt and possible violence.

Not really putting my opinion across well today. I don't see it as a rivalry, the Wimbledon fans that I know feel extremely strongly to what happened.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The well written article linked to above sums it up perfectly for me- the club itself shouldn't exist. I imagine it will be extremely painful for the Wimbledon fans to face the old club- and whatever the result they won't "get one over". That's the key for me, I feel neither side would get a real sense of satisfaction out of a win. Only hurt and possible violence.

Not really putting my opinion across well today. I don't see it as a rivalry, the Wimbledon fans that I know feel extremely strongly to what happened.
I understand why they're upset (although the comments below the article say that some AFC fans WOULD like to play MK) but I stand by my 'being a bit precious and pretentious' comments. It's a bit like a divorced couple, AFC fans may feel they're the 'wronged' party (which they are of course) but they've got their own life now.

Let's hope they never get in the league and end up in the same division as MK if they feel that strongly about playing them.

Some of you have no idea. Imagine Archer not only selling the goldstone but then using the profits to establish a new club, based in Farnborough and calling it BHA Seagulls FC or Farnborough Seagulls FC. Just for a second imagine how you lot would feel.

Then imagine others taking the piss out of what happened and glorifying in it.

Those of you who think the franchise are anything more than an abomination that should never have been allowed are quite frankly WANKERS.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I understand why they're upset (although the comments below the article say that some AFC fans WOULD like to play MK) but I stand by my 'being a bit precious and pretentious' comments. It's a bit like a divorced couple, AFC fans may feel they're the 'wronged' party (which they are of course) but they've got their own life now.

Let's hope they never get in the league and end up in the same division as MK if they feel that strongly about playing them.
There are some AFC W fans who would rather pull out of the competition than play MKDons, and if they ever met in the league would rather not play the game and just take whatever punishment the league threw at them.

It's not pretentiousness. It's called principle. Pretentiousness is wanking over St Pauli with atilla every time German football is mentioned on here.

Like you do.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There are some AFC W fans who would rather pull out of the competition than play MKDons, and if they ever met in the league would rather not play the game and just take whatever punishment the league threw at them.

It's not pretentiousness. It's called principle. Pretentiousness is wanking over St Pauli with atilla every time German football is mentioned on here.

Like you do.
Well I don't actually physically wank over St Pauli to be fair. And why the hostility?

At the end of the day they're a football club, their function is to play football matches. By their own admission some of their fans want to play and some don't; either way they didn't have to make such a pretentious hand-wiping-across-the brow statement on their website, we all know the history.

Some of you have no idea. Imagine Archer not only selling the goldstone but then using the profits to establish a new club, based in Farnborough and calling it BHA Seagulls FC or Farnborough Seagulls FC. Just for a second imagine how you lot would feel.

Then imagine others taking the piss out of what happened and glorifying in it.

Those of you who think the franchise are anything more than an abomination that should never have been allowed are quite frankly WANKERS.

Precisely. Especially that last sentence.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
MK Dons go F*( yourself you plastic scum. Your worst nightmare is now upon you. I would absolutely love it, and I mean love it, if The Real dons meet the plastic scum and beat them.

It would be the final piece in the jigsaw for me, for the all the piss taking MK Scum supporters I know who ripped the piss out of the club I love.

NN12 Seagull

Jan 3, 2010
Why all this sympathy for Wimbledon. They are surely no innocent party in this, for years they have been the nomads of football with talk about them moving to Cardiiff and Dublin. If the MK Dons thing had not happened they would have languished in the lower leagues with very little pubilicity. The whole thing has made them a much stronger club and good luck if they get back in the FL. But there fans have to move on.MK Dons are now an established football league club do a lot to promote football in the MK area and built an exceptional stadium which Falmer will copy in many ways. Living in the area I go and watch MK when they have reduced ticket prices and love the atmosphere and facilities. Are we really saying that all MK Dons fans are the scum of the earth and that they should not go and watch their local team. They are attracting a whole load of youngsters who would never go and watch live football unless MK was there. Yes it might not have seemed right at the time but Wimbledon were an exceptional case. If for one hope they do meet each other, draw the game and bring them back to StadiumMK and MK Dons win in front of a packed house.

Why all this sympathy for Wimbledon. They are surely no innocent party in this, for years they have been the nomads of football with talk about them moving to Cardiiff and Dublin. If the MK Dons thing had not happened they would have languished in the lower leagues with very little pubilicity. The whole thing has made them a much stronger club and good luck if they get back in the FL. But there fans have to move on.MK Dons are now an established football league club do a lot to promote football in the MK area and built an exceptional stadium which Falmer will copy in many ways. Living in the area I go and watch MK when they have reduced ticket prices and love the atmosphere and facilities. Are we really saying that all MK Dons fans are the scum of the earth and that they should not go and watch their local team. They are attracting a whole load of youngsters who would never go and watch live football unless MK was there. Yes it might not have seemed right at the time but Wimbledon were an exceptional case. If for one hope they do meet each other, draw the game and bring them back to StadiumMK and MK Dons win in front of a packed house.

Then you sir are a mercenary **** who should never EVER be allowed to grace the portals of Falmer. Stay in the MK area and watch your manufactured plastic crap team, you deserve them. And to be brutally honest you, being the mercenary thick twat you are, deserve them.

But do real football fans a favour. Don't ever again describe yourself as a Brighton 'fan'. You're not. I am more of a BHA fan than you are,

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham

None of this is the doing of the fans if Albion were moved to say MK because we had no ground massive debts and were languishing in the lower leagues how would you have felt?

I could have happened, it could have been us, if there wasn't another way found for us.

It should not have been allowed MK bought a football league franchise and moved it to an area that did not have a football league team. It was a commercial decision. Investing in a local team and building them to be a league team after a while was something that took too long for their business plan it required screwing football fans.

Good luck to AFC and death to franchise they should not be in the football league.

NN12 Seagull

Jan 3, 2010
ReadingStockport
Many thanks for your kind words. Yes I do go along and watch MK Dons and will continue to do so without any feeling of guilt, as do many in the area who follow other clubs (including other MK based seagulls). I watched Wimbledon for many years at Plough lane when i lived in South London. I watch lots of local football because I enjoy it and cannot afford to travel to watch BHA every week, but please do not accsue me of not being a true fan, I have been a Sussex exile for 40 years but continued to follow the local team of my birth and spent thousands of pounds following them both home and away.

ReadingStockport
Many thanks for your kind words. Yes I do go along and watch MK Dons and will continue to do so without any feeling of guilt, as do many in the area who follow other clubs (including other MK based seagulls). I watched Wimbledon for many years at Plough lane when i lived in South London. I watch lots of local football because I enjoy it and cannot afford to travel to watch BHA every week, but please do not accsue me of not being a true fan, I have been a Sussex exile for 40 years but continued to follow the local team of my birth and spent thousands of pounds following them both home and away.

You watch a franchise. You obviously have no understanding of the events behind the arrival of the franchise in your local area as evidenced by your ignorant and uneducated comments about the arrival of football in MK. There was an established team in MK, thing is your fellow mk fans were too f***ing lazy and greedy to support them and get them into the league through the correct means. So you and your fellow mk fans bought a league place.

I couldn't give a shit what you call yourself. You are a franchise fan and enjoying watching a franchise operation.

No doubt if it had been BHA that were moved to mk you would have carried on supporting that bastard of a clubinstead of now supporting franchise. BHA fans, real ones that is not you, should be lucky that winkleman was not around at the time of BHA's (thankfully temporary) exile. Otherwise you would probably be praising winkelman for bringing 'your team' to mk so you could support them without any disruption.

Why don't you go and join Rodge the Dodge? He's a fellow 'brighton' fan who nevers go to BHA matches and instead watches franchise. You'll get along well together.

All this ruddy nonsense about MK Franchise promoting football in the MK area pisses me off more than anything else about their fans. Oh, and 'giving local people a team to support' coming from the club. At the time of the takeover, there were three league clubs within 25 miles of Milton Keynes, if you were that desperate to watch league football. And if you wanted to support football in the town, what about Milton Keynes City, Wolverton, or one of the other non-league clubs in the town or nearby? And then, you know, do the right thing and support your club up through the pyramid until gaining a place in the league.

Vile scum - the lot of 'em. That's everyone connected to the club, including the fans. Crystal Palace may be a vile, stinking football club supported by vile, stinking fans, but at least it's still a football club supported by fans. You lot are just the lowest of the low.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, who has the 1988 FA Cup on their honours list, AFC or MK?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The reason AFC fans dont want to play the game is because they dont want to acknowledge (sp) MK Dons as a Football team, and playing the game would do that!

NN12 Seagull

Jan 3, 2010
Quite easy to diss the club when you dont live in the area. I do have sympathy for what happened to AFCW and will be the first to congratulate them should they gain league status. But i have lived here for 40 years my kids born in MK (also BHA fans) go along with their mates to watch the Dons because its their local club, they are not concerned with the politics or history should i not allow them to go or not go with them ?, should I not allow them to attend a trial for the Dons junior team?. I doubt many parents in a similar position would not do the same as me and in the process establish some affinity with the club.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Like the way AFC refer to them as Milton Keynes :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here