May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Marvellous scenes.

Strange comment on that feed....

1699616337214.png

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Some wonderful scenes at the end from the Albion players. Veltman so patient.

Does anyone know what the attendance was?

I like to keep a record of each game and cannot find this info anywhere.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

View attachment 169533
Twitter is full of these twats who think they're the limbs police where they decide an entire fanbase is lacking passion unless every one of them does six backflips and sets off 4 fireworks each every time their team scores.

He's West Ham. Has he been to their council house? Literally the shittest atmosphere in football until 18 months ago FFS.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some wonderful scenes at the end from the Albion players. Veltman so patient.

Does anyone know what the attendance was?

I like to keep a record of each game and cannot find this info anywhere.
From the match report on the BBC sport website
Attendance:52,095

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

View attachment 169533
Tbf I was in the home end, and our fans were pretty flat , my Ajax mate was not impressed. Maybe it was because it was just too easy like the home game where the fans were also pretty rubbish.

What a night though!! Was sat 3 rows directly below Tony bloom , barber and co who were very friendly before the game. Blooms security guard always cracks me up, seems pretty old and useless. I spotted a few Albion in the corporate seats. Even had a little cheer when Brighton scored and no one really cared. Ajax fans really indifferent at the moment.

Only first world disappointment was that the corporate area is sponsored by Budweiser of all beers !! So the free beers were bud. Very upsetting.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tbf I was in the home end, and our fans were pretty flat , my Ajax mate was not impressed. Maybe it was because it was just too easy like the home game where the fans were also pretty rubbish.

What a night though!! Was sat 3 rows directly below Tony bloom , barber and co who were very friendly before the game. Blooms security guard always cracks me up, seems pretty old and useless. I spotted a few Albion in the corporate seats.
That’s rubbish. You forget there were thousands of us watching it on tv. The Albion fans could be heard loud and clear on the airwave. We went to a friends to watch the game, and I even joined in with some of the chants.

I note you made sure everyone knows that you were in the posh seats!

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
That’s rubbish. You forget there were thousands of us watching it on tv. The Albion fans could be heard loud and clear on the airwave. We went to a friends to watch the game, and I even joined in with some of the chants.

I rewatched it on interwebs today whilst I nursed my hangover, and even though you could only barely hear the travelling fans where I was in the stadium, they were indeed loud and clear on the tv coverage.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Well it's not rubbish as I do have ears !! And Ajax fans that I spoke to said the same thing. We can't be super fans every game ! I just watched the highlights and yes the Albion fans sound pretty good on that I'm guessing the mic was close to the away end.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Maybe it’s the stadium acoustics or my hearing (likely) but the home fans seemed really quiet - save for the flag waving bit before ko
Yep. They are very indifferent at the moment. This is quite a fall from grace for them. And getting comfortably beaten twice by little old brighton is not gonna get the noise levels up !! You could tell that the atmosphere could be amazing for big games by the occasional times they did make noise.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well it's not rubbish as I do have ears !! And Ajax fans that I spoke to said the same thing. We can't be super fans every game ! I just watched the highlights and yes the Albion fans sound pretty good on that I'm guessing the mic was close to the away end.
So, our fans weren’t flat. You just couldn’t hear them, at the time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

What a night though!! Was sat 3 rows directly below Tony bloom , barber and co who were very friendly before the game. Blooms security guard always cracks me up, seems pretty old and useless. I spotted a few Albion in the corporate seats. Even had a little cheer when Brighton scored and no one really cared. Ajax fans really indifferent at the moment.

Only first world disappointment was that the corporate area is sponsored by Budweiser of all beers !! So the free beers were bud. Very upsetting.
Would say it was about par with a ‘normal’ away game…...certainly wasn’t flat, but wasn’t epic either - the game didn’t generate that kind of excitement (or the oppo that kind of hatred). Also hardly surprising when a high % of our lot had seemingly been caning it since at least about 5.30am :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here