Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aerial Views of Falmer

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On the stadium subject, I was having a general chitty-chat with some CHUMS today about where we want to sit at Falmer. One issue was raised that I hadn'ty really thought about was this. After the initial hubbub and excitement has passed, we're obviously not going to be playing to crowds of 23k for a while, in fact we're going to be some way short of capacity in the near future (especially if we're still dossing around in the third division).

So with that in mind, is it likely / possible that the club will close off sections of the stadium and not sell tickets there, so as to "concentrate" the crowds into certain areas ? I'd be GUTTED if they closed off the upper levels, like they have at MK Dons, being as I rather fancy sitting up in the rafters.

Could we have a case of THIS (like at MK Dons)
stadium.jpg

They havn't even bothered installing SEATS in the upper tiers !
I've asked the project team anyway.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
On the stadium subject, I was having a general chitty-chat with some CHUMS today about where we want to sit at Falmer. One issue was raised that I hadn'ty really thought about was this. After the initial hubbub and excitement has passed, we're obviously not going to be playing to crowds of 23k for a while, in fact we're going to be some way short of capacity in the near future (especially if we're still dossing around in the third division).

So with that in mind, is it likely / possible that the club will close off sections of the stadium and not sell tickets there, so as to "concentrate" the crowds into certain areas ? I'd be GUTTED if they closed off the upper levels, like they have at MK Dons, being as I rather fancy sitting up in the rafters.

Could we have a case of THIS (like at MK Dons)
stadium.jpg

They havn't even bothered installing SEATS in the upper tiers !
I've asked the project team anyway.

Should'nt have given ideas Easy:hammer:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Should'nt have given ideas Easy:hammer:

I very much doubt club policy will be designed around the ramblings of some idiot on NSC.

MK-Dons--Stadium-MK_1066443.jpg

I've not been there meself, but thats proper RUBBISH, that is.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Im pretty sure all the seats will be installed in one hit. Franchise MK would have quite a bigger capacity than Falmer if the top tiers were seated (i think around 30k), hence they will never fill that in L1. As it is there capacity is 22K, a figure that could possibly sell out if they were in the play offs/promoted.

If we were to not seat our top tiers (in the west stand) it would reduce the capacity below 20K, which would be pointless if we were to make the play offs/draw a big name in the cup we could need the higher capacity.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I very much doubt club policy will be designed around the ramblings of some idiot on NSC.

MK-Dons--Stadium-MK_1066443.jpg

I've not been there meself, but thats proper RUBBISH, that is.

Rubbish? Thats well nice for a Rugby ground.

:jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Im pretty sure all the seats will be installed in one hit. Franchise MK would have quite a bigger capacity than Falmer if the top tiers were seated (i think around 30k), hence they will never fill that in L1. As it is there capacity is 22K, a figure that could possibly sell out if they were in the play offs/promoted.

If we were to not seat our top tiers (in the west stand) it would reduce the capacity below 20K, which would be pointless if we were to make the play offs/draw a big name in the cup we could need the higher capacity.

I'm sure you're right, the seats will certainly be installed.
I'd just be disappointed if, for example, we were playing to crowds of 10-12k, the club decided to reserve the upper tier of the West Stand and keep it empty, just using it when its needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here