Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK home tickets

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I presume your ticket is in a better part of the ground than the south corners, so it would be more likely to sell. So if they listed it - and the many hundreds like it - now, they would sell quickly and the club would be left with unsold tickets in the south. I think its reasonable for the club to assume that when they sold your seat to you you would use it, and their priority is to sell the remaining empty seats rather than trying to sell yours on first. Sure, it wouldn't matter if they sold it at full price, but trust me, thousands would be moaning if they didn't get even a partial refund from that sale.

I'm sorry, I do have issues about ticket transfers because the bigger we get the fewer and fewer seats are available to people like me. Athens seems to be an anomaly, every single other home game on the tickets site has already gone to the exchange. I will happily take my place in the queue, but I don't like people jumping the queue for the best seats, or for the final seats. We've already seen hoarding of away points (e.g. bournemouth); sharing of season tickets between multiple people; tickets being sold for profits on resale sites; tickets sold on to away fans and tourists in the middle of the home sections; all of which disenfranchises otherwise loyal supporters who for reasons of work, or childcare, or health, or geography, or age, can only make a handful of games a season.

I completely understand the situation you are in, yes your mate doesn't want to sit alone, and would happily buy it off the club. Its a shame that in this case the exchange hasn't opened. Personally I can't see this being a game they ID tickets to check who is sharing, so little reason why you can't remove the ticket from your wallet and upload it into his. Or why doesn't he buy a ticket elsewhere in the same part of the ground and just walk round to take your seat, not the hardest thing to do. So sure, I have sympathy for individual cases like this. But I really wouldn't like this to be club policy or we end up like United or Liverpool with closed shops and tickets held by dead people for generations and an awful lot of profiteering from selling to football tourists.
I don’t disagree with a lot of what you say, but opening up the exchange in the way I say AFTER purchase history have had a few days wouldn’t lead to a queue jump for the best/final seats at all. You can’t remove from the wallet and upload elsewhere, it’s downloadable to one device only, as per the email…that would be akin to transferability. The buying another seat in the same stand and walking over option is one I hadn’t thought of as a workaround.

FWIW, I too have a vested interest in preventing hoarding, I’m only a + member.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Can you stop talking sense on this thread; my like button is wearing out.
A little condescending. We’re both speaking sense, him from a club first perspective, me from a fans first. I see validity in both, but at the end of the day the club sets the rules.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
What do we expect from their team/fans on the night?
Anyone know their chat forum and their views on us/ group in general?
View in Chrome with Google Translate ;

Fearful of us - this comment the day before the Draw

fromNielsen»Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:06 pm

I don't know what you want, I know what I don't want. Brighton. I wouldn't want to experience such a drag from De Zerbi's team. Humans have killer transition and speed.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don’t disagree with a lot of what you say, but opening up the exchange in the way I say AFTER purchase history have had a few days wouldn’t lead to a queue jump for the best/final seats at all. You can’t remove from the wallet and upload elsewhere, it’s downloadable to one device only, as per the email…that would be akin to transferability. The buying another seat in the same stand and walking over option is one I hadn’t thought of as a workaround.

FWIW, I too have a vested interest in preventing hoarding, I’m only a + member.
Cheers mate, thanks for the civil conversation, I hope I'm not coming over too arsey. Hopefully once the bunting is up and we've beaten Man Utd and Ansu Fati has wowed us and anyone can get a ticket we'll shift the remaining tickets very easily and the exchange will open :thumbsup:
A little condescending. We’re both speaking sense, him from a club first perspective, me from a fans first. I see validity in both, but at the end of the day the club sets the rules.
I like to think I'm arguing it from a fans perspective, just the perspective of a different kind of fan. I see season tickets (I understand you don't have one, but for the purpose of the discussion), as a bulk discount available for people willing to commit to the full season. And not only a bulk discount, but the best seats in the house and priority on away tickets. Moreover they get to see this amazing Brighton team over and over again, lucky bastards! But if they become something that someone who can only make five or ten games a season can own, moving it on when they can't go, then all these perks aren't going to the right people, and being kept away from the rest of us.

From the club's perspective it maybe doesn't matter, the tickets are still being sold, but yes, they are maximising revenue this way. But I also like to think that they are putting these rules in to ensure all fans get treated fairly.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Ex STH here who's just picked up a nice seat in the East using the 'purchase history' window...

My mate got me a guest ticket for Ajax and not thought about Marseilles yet...

If/when we get through to the KO stages I wonder whether it's worth getting a My Albion plus membership as all the tickets will go by that level, or hang on and there will be enough left for the guest/purchase history option ?
One thing to be aware of is there is a 14 day ‘delay’ in purchasing Albion+ and being able to buy Europe tickets.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I just think its worth being a member full stop, its our club and this a way for being part of it even if we can't go regularly.. There could be more benefits I guess, but its not a lot of money, and if / when we get to the knockouts, or get back to Wembley, or have some incredibly important league fixtures later in the season - you'll wish you'd got that membership :)
I agree with all of that and you haven’t even mentioned the towel…

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Its been paid for with a big discount based on committing to multiple games. Its not yours to then sell on or give away for free. I'm only available to go to one game, so I paid the full price for that game. Maybe I can justify giving mine away on that basis, but it doesn't apply to season tickets or match packages.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
do these away fans lot have these Ultra hoolies? Are they coming, just wondering if that's putting the 'causal' fan off? It is a late School night and presumably on TV too so that may turn a few fans off. Were there many seats available in family stands for instance?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
do these away fans lot have these Ultra hoolies? Are they coming, just wondering if that's putting the 'causal' fan off? It is a late School night and presumably on TV too so that may turn a few fans off. Were there many seats available in family stands for instance?
Pretty much all the remaining seats are right next to the away fans so maybe it is a factor?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
A lot of families go together, or parent and kid(s) so obviously some/many of these may not be able to go because it's a school night or simply too expensive. Perhaps they'll choose one but not all three. And yes, it will be live on TV. There are also the fans who live some distance away. Some will no doubt come while others won't, or may decide to choose one or two but not all three.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
probably the trains

will be nearly 30k in there so not really many put off though is it

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
A lot of families go together, or parent and kid(s) so obviously some/many of these may not be able to go because it's a school night or simply too expensive. Perhaps they'll choose one but not all three. And yes, it will be live on TV. There are also the fans who live some distance away. Some will no doubt come while others won't, or may decide to choose one or two but not all three.
I’m going but mrs can’t and my daughter can’t as it will be far too late for her

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Not been to a game since Palace at home last season due to money and personal reasons. Just had one eye operation and waiting for the other eye to be done. The vision is so different in each eye now, inbetween ops, that I have to wear a patch on one eye with glasses so I can actually cope. Was hoping for Marseille at home, post 2nd op and new glasses (which are quite out of date now), but, man, I am getting very tempted to buy a ticket in the South where there are loads right next to the Athens fans - as they're down to Purchase History now, which is where I'm at (not renewed membership yet)..... one to ponder... first game in Europe and all that. Could be one hell of an atmosphere next to them.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I only started commenting as I’d like a mate to be able to use/pay for it so they can sit with my group, they probably won’t bother otherwise as a casual fan who would have to sit alone, so it is one less empty seat in this case. It’s just a pretty minor personal gripe, wrapped up in a broader feeling that the rules around transfer are generally a little OTT.

I can understand why passing on discounted tickets for free isn’t allowed. But it’d be nice to be able to re list my ticket at full price, even if it means I get nowt back. What’s for them to lose?

If it doesn't go to Exchange your mate can buy a ticket for anywhere in the same stand.

As he knows your seat will be empty he can sit in your seat with the rest of the group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here