Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AEK home tickets

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Supporters with a previous purchase history can now buy tickets. Didnt see that as an option before.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I’ve taken the Friday off work, just so I don’t feel I have to rush off at the sound of the final whistle, and can stay and really soak in the post match atmos - and in doing so get stuck in the car park. Just really want to feel I’m not missing a single bit of this historic night!
I’ve taken the Thursday afternoon off so no rushing from work have a beer or two in town and make my way slowly to the amex

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Well, I guess maybe it wasn't the best thing you and your mate buying the 3- match package then :shrug: Anyway the ticket office can probably move him so he can sit with the other guy.

Club makes a load of money regardless, i just think people who bought these packages got heavily discounted tickets AND the best seats in the house. That's great, but don't then complain you can't then hand them off to someone else cause you can't go, cause theres plenty of people sitting down in the corners having paid £30-40 a ticket who'd all love to be in the middle of the North or West Upper.

Or just lend him your phone for the evening, christ no-one will know.
Couldn’t foresee the work trip abroad that would mean I couldn’t take advantage of all 3 matches, also makes lending the phone impossible or I would. ‘Complaining’ is a bit strong, just said it was a shame there’s no way to free up the seat for purchase (which the club have confirmed). I’d even list it for bloody free on the exchange if I could….

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Great effort to sell 30k tickets for a mid week game. Clever by club to sell all 3 tickets together to maximise income which will be main aim. However pity it will mean many empty seats as looks unlikely exchange will open with still over 1500 available. To help to get a full house would be nice if loosened rules about sharing for these 3 games.
That would be far too fan friendly.

That said, if you’ve bought with friends who are definitely going to other games and have someone who can take your ticket for AEK, there’s sort of a way to share already, clue’s in the email.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
The largest number of Brighton fans at The Amex was for the game v Burnley on 19th Feb 2022. The attendance was recorded as 30781 with 896 Burnley fans so making it 29885 Brighton fans. The largest % of Brighton fans at The Amex was against Barnsley on Tuesday 3rd Dec 2013, a crowd of 25759 with only 181 Barnsley meant 99.3% of the crowd were us.
Was that the one we lost 0-2 ? A friend of a friend got me into the Boardroom for that match. My most disappointing match (not experience) since Barnes messed up my 5-1 bet against Blackpool in extra time.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
1,418 tickets left for AEK. Will sell out I reckon as we get closer.

Only 99 tickets left for Ajax (49 of which are 1901).

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Great effort to sell 30k tickets for a mid week game. Clever by club to sell all 3 tickets together to maximise income which will be main aim. However pity it will mean many empty seats as looks unlikely exchange will open with still over 1500 available. To help to get a full house would be nice if loosened rules about sharing for these 3 games.

That would be far too fan friendly.

That said, if you’ve bought with friends who are definitely going to other games and have someone who can take your ticket for AEK, there’s sort of a way to share already, clue’s in the email.

Aren't you basically just suggesting that the club give any unsold tickets away for free? Its a nice idea and all that, but if I'd known that would be the case I wouldn't have bought mine earlier and instead waited for the freebee :lol:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Aren't you basically just suggesting that the club give any unsold tickets away for free? Its a nice idea and all that, but if I'd known that would be the case I wouldn't have bought mine earlier and instead waited for the freebee :lol:
If somebody gives a ticket away it is not a freebee as it has already been paid for

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Nope, I’d love to be able to donate my AEK ticket to the exchange (so it’s available to buy again), rather than let the seat stay empty. That’d be a real win win.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
If somebody gives a ticket away it is not a freebee as it has already been paid for
Its been paid for with a big discount based on committing to multiple games. Its not yours to then sell on or give away for free. I'm only available to go to one game, so I paid the full price for that game. Maybe I can justify giving mine away on that basis, but it doesn't apply to season tickets or match packages.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Nope, I’d love to be able to donate my AEK ticket to the exchange (so it’s available to buy again), rather than let the seat stay empty. That’d be a real win win.
But the game isn't selling out? If there's no-one to buy the ticket then the seat stays empty, regardless of what you do. If the game does sell out then the exchange will open.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
But the game isn't selling out? If there's no-one to buy the ticket then the seat stays empty, regardless of what you do. If the game does sell out then the exchange will open.
I only started commenting as I’d like a mate to be able to use/pay for it so they can sit with my group, they probably won’t bother otherwise as a casual fan who would have to sit alone, so it is one less empty seat in this case. It’s just a pretty minor personal gripe, wrapped up in a broader feeling that the rules around transfer are generally a little OTT.

I can understand why passing on discounted tickets for free isn’t allowed. But it’d be nice to be able to re list my ticket at full price, even if it means I get nowt back. What’s for them to lose?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Tickets in the South and East corner are selling very slowly. Maybe the club could look at giving away some of these tickets to local clubs etc. It's a nice thing to do, and would allow us to open up the exchange as it seems as though a lot of people who bought the three match pack can't make this one.

I'm sure tickets in the West and North, further away from the away fans would sell a lot faster. Does anyone actually know whether AEK will bring that many?

It would be such a shame for there to be empty seats for such a huge occasion...

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Tickets in the South and East corner are selling very slowly. Maybe the club could look at giving away some of these tickets to local clubs etc. It's a nice thing to do, and would allow us to open up the exchange as it seems as though a lot of people who bought the three match pack can't make this one.

I'm sure tickets in the West and North, further away from the away fans would sell a lot faster. Does anyone actually know whether AEK will bring that many?

It would be such a shame for there to be empty seats for such a huge occasion...
From today they have made it so you only need a purchase history in order to buy a ticket for this game, and about 250 tickets gone since 9am. 1390 left. I imagine by the time we get to the 21st it will be sold out or near enough.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
I only started commenting as I’d like a mate to be able to use/pay for it so they can sit with my group, they probably won’t bother otherwise as a casual fan who would have to sit alone, so it is one less empty seat in this case. It’s just a pretty minor personal gripe, wrapped up in a broader feeling that the rules around transfer are generally a little OTT.

I can understand why passing on discounted tickets for free isn’t allowed. But it’d be nice to be able to re list my ticket at full price, even if it means I get nowt back. What’s for them to lose?
I presume your ticket is in a better part of the ground than the south corners, so it would be more likely to sell. So if they listed it - and the many hundreds like it - now, they would sell quickly and the club would be left with unsold tickets in the south. I think its reasonable for the club to assume that when they sold your seat to you you would use it, and their priority is to sell the remaining empty seats rather than trying to sell yours on first. Sure, it wouldn't matter if they sold it at full price, but trust me, thousands would be moaning if they didn't get even a partial refund from that sale.

I'm sorry, I do have issues about ticket transfers because the bigger we get the fewer and fewer seats are available to people like me. Athens seems to be an anomaly, every single other home game on the tickets site has already gone to the exchange. I will happily take my place in the queue, but I don't like people jumping the queue for the best seats, or for the final seats. We've already seen hoarding of away points (e.g. bournemouth); sharing of season tickets between multiple people; tickets being sold for profits on resale sites; tickets sold on to away fans and tourists in the middle of the home sections; all of which disenfranchises otherwise loyal supporters who for reasons of work, or childcare, or health, or geography, or age, can only make a handful of games a season.

I completely understand the situation you are in, yes your mate doesn't want to sit alone, and would happily buy it off the club. Its a shame that in this case the exchange hasn't opened. Personally I can't see this being a game they ID tickets to check who is sharing, so little reason why you can't remove the ticket from your wallet and upload it into his. Or why doesn't he buy a ticket elsewhere in the same part of the ground and just walk round to take your seat, not the hardest thing to do. So sure, I have sympathy for individual cases like this. But I really wouldn't like this to be club policy or we end up like United or Liverpool with closed shops and tickets held by dead people for generations and an awful lot of profiteering from selling to football tourists.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Ex STH here who's just picked up a nice seat in the East using the 'purchase history' window...

My mate got me a guest ticket for Ajax and not thought about Marseilles yet...

If/when we get through to the KO stages I wonder whether it's worth getting a My Albion plus membership as all the tickets will go by that level, or hang on and there will be enough left for the guest/purchase history option ?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Ex STH here who's just picked up a nice seat in the East using the 'purchase history' window...

My mate got me a guest ticket for Ajax and not thought about Marseilles yet...

If/when we get through to the KO stages I wonder whether it's worth getting a My Albion plus membership as all the tickets will go by that level, or hang on and there will be enough left for the guest/purchase history option ?
I just think its worth being a member full stop, its our club and this a way for being part of it even if we can't go regularly.. There could be more benefits I guess, but its not a lot of money, and if / when we get to the knockouts, or get back to Wembley, or have some incredibly important league fixtures later in the season - you'll wish you'd got that membership :)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I presume your ticket is in a better part of the ground than the south corners, so it would be more likely to sell. So if they listed it - and the many hundreds like it - now, they would sell quickly and the club would be left with unsold tickets in the south. I think its reasonable for the club to assume that when they sold your seat to you you would use it, and their priority is to sell the remaining empty seats rather than trying to sell yours on first. Sure, it wouldn't matter if they sold it at full price, but trust me, thousands would be moaning if they didn't get even a partial refund from that sale.

I'm sorry, I do have issues about ticket transfers because the bigger we get the fewer and fewer seats are available to people like me. Athens seems to be an anomaly, every single other home game on the tickets site has already gone to the exchange. I will happily take my place in the queue, but I don't like people jumping the queue for the best seats, or for the final seats. We've already seen hoarding of away points (e.g. bournemouth); sharing of season tickets between multiple people; tickets being sold for profits on resale sites; tickets sold on to away fans and tourists in the middle of the home sections; all of which disenfranchises otherwise loyal supporters who for reasons of work, or childcare, or health, or geography, or age, can only make a handful of games a season.

I completely understand the situation you are in, yes your mate doesn't want to sit alone, and would happily buy it off the club. Its a shame that in this case the exchange hasn't opened. Personally I can't see this being a game they ID tickets to check who is sharing, so little reason why you can't remove the ticket from your wallet and upload it into his. Or why doesn't he buy a ticket elsewhere in the same part of the ground and just walk round to take your seat, not the hardest thing to do. So sure, I have sympathy for individual cases like this. But I really wouldn't like this to be club policy or we end up like United or Liverpool with closed shops and tickets held by dead people for generations and an awful lot of profiteering from selling to football tourists.
Can you stop talking sense on this thread; my like button is wearing out.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

Im in a similar situation- I wont make it to Marseille as it clashed with a family trip (Mistakenly believed home fixture 3 would be done by then!) I’m fine to take the £15 hit, but I would rather my seat could be filled by a fan rather than a north stand seat left empty!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here