Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ademola Lookman

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I thought Scott Parker's post-match interview was good. When talking about West Ham's goal being offside he said: "I don't know the rule. We've done a lot of work on offside". Surely one of the basic things to go in the offseason is to learn the rules of the game that you are in charge of.

Not the best look for a struggling manager.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought Scott Parker's post-match interview was good. When talking about West Ham's goal being offside he said: "I don't know the rule. We've done a lot of work on offside". Surely one of the basic things to go in the offseason is to learn the rules of the game that you are in charge of.

I'll not be hard on him for that.
I don't believe I now know the rules for offside, handball and penalty decisions.

I know the basic principle:-

'other teams get the decision'

But beyond that, nothing.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't believe I now know the rules for offside, handball and penalty decisions.

To be fair though, there isn't 100 million pounds riding on your knowledge of the game.

Well I don't think so anyway :lolol::lolol:

What I know is that none of these decisions make any sense to me . The defender had to make the header that set up the goal surely that means that the striker is interfeering with play.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair though, there isn't 100 million pounds riding on your knowledge of the game.

Well I don't think so anyway :lolol::lolol:

What I know is that none of these decisions make any sense to me . The defender had to make the header that set up the goal surely that means that the striker is interfeering with play.

The point is knowledge of the game no longer comes into it.
Those who livelihoods do depend on getting this right can understand the laws in intricate detail.

But they have absolutely no idea how they are understood by someone watching in frame by frame slo-mo.
Only to then have new interpretations bought in after ever 6 or 7 rounds of fixtures.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

I have sympathy with him. If ref considers player is interfering with play he is off side. Cannot see how player was not interfering when the cross was aimed at him and defender had to head it because he was there

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Not sure anyone knows the rules - particularly the VAR lot.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

Lineker once said, "Football is a simple game -- 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win."
Surely VAR is "top 6 teams get the decision"
As for Lookman, despite wanting him to miss, felt really disappointed for him on that occasion.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Haha. Yes. Who could forget it?

Poor kid. I felt sorry for Lookman, funny as it was.

I had mixed emotions too:

- a draw would have won me a small £10 profit :rant:
- it was so bad as to be hilarious :lolol:
- the poor lad looked like a 9 year old about to cry and none of his team mates went over to him at first, just a West Ham player (nice bloke) :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here